Tuesday Chatter Weekly

317332-Single-Red-Christmas-Ornament

Merry Christmas and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Cafe, a buzzing place to chat and smile. The coffee’s hot and laced with cinnamon! So have a seat and enjoy the camaraderie!  Be kind to one another because what happens here doesn’t stay here.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

C52

And while we’re at the cafe, why not introduce yourself to-

The Webb Homestead

Samantha Webb

sharonchy

Inspiration and Ideas on Creating Your Dream Life

Skeptical Mommy

Life is a continuous journey. Let’s make it memorable.

Word of the week

capricious-(adjective)-given to sudden and unaccountable changes of mood or behavior. synonymsfickle, inconstant, changeable, variable, mercurial, volatile, unpredictable, temperamental, whimsical, fanciful, quirky.

Words that rhyme or nearly rhyme-

2 syllables-vicious

3 syllables-ambitious, delicious, fictitious, nutritious, officious, suspicious

4 syllables-inauspicious, repetitious, superstitious

5 syllables-supposititious

A rambling of capricious chatter

Perhaps, it’s meant to flatter?

Some that are over ambitious

Their intent somewhat suspicious

Don’t dip your toe unless you know

Moody roles are just for show

Hey, be a sport share a gigglesnort

Move your inner self off the shelf

Fickle pickles not delicious nor nutritious

And no one likes a volatile sourpuss

Don’t live life’s journey in a rush

Not every hand played is a straight flush

Bits and Pieces – The Year 2011

The world population reaches 7 billion per the United Nations

The Royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton takes place on April 29th at Westminster Abbey in London.

President Obama awards writer and activist, Maya Angelou, The Presidential Medal of Freedom.

A 9.0 underwater quake hits off the coast of Japan causing a tsunami with waves over 130 feet high. The damage from the quake and tsunami triggered a nuclear disaster at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. Approximately 16,000 fatalities, 6,000 injuries, and 3,000 missing.

bee7

beBee is a free social network that helps you connect with people that share your interests. beBee Registration.

beBee is a global site where you can strike up a conversation with anyone about anything that interests you. beBee a networking site that combines personal and business interests.

Be sure to visit ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry and quotes- ThusNSuch

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

Please pay a visit to a few of my BBFs (best blog land friends)-

A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales

Patricia’s Place

See Norway

The Sound of One Hand Typing

I Am A Sonic Boomer, Not A Senior

Reinventions and Reena Saxena

hope-candle-1

Sharing a festive candle gifted by Beyond the Sphere

Cheers!

22 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 12/25/2017 at 11:12 pm

Loved your poem, and here’s to hope and happiness, upon the wings of Angelic “Time Travelers” …

2. 12/25/2017 at 11:47 pm

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr. I appear to be on a roll with good pieces this Christmas week. Have a look at ‘The Fraudulence Paradox’ at your convenience https://medium.com/the-polymath-project/the-fraudulence-paradox-david-foster-wallace-on-lies-loneliness-and-belonging-24dc9cc88282

• 12/26/2017 at 10:43 am

Thank you so much for sharing, Reena. What an excellent read. I rarely get to Medium, unfortunately. There are some excellent writers there, several of which I know from beBee and LinkedIn.

3. 12/26/2017 at 6:49 am

Another excellent Tuesday Chatter Eugenia and Maya Angelou getting the Presidential Medal of Freedom was a marvelous achievement for her work. Hope you are enjoying the festive break.

• 12/26/2017 at 10:44 am

Thank you, Davy. Yes, I am enjoying the holidays and wish the same for you.

4. DW
    12/26/2017 at 7:54 am

Capricious— a fab word

• 12/26/2017 at 10:48 am

Don’t you love it? I love cool words.

5. 12/26/2017 at 2:51 pm

• 12/26/2017 at 6:18 pm

What a lovely delicate rose bathed in water droplets. Thank you for sharing. 😉

6. 12/26/2017 at 8:24 pm

For one thing, I LOVE the word capricious.

For another, I watched Prince William wed the lovely Kate back in 2011. I had to, seeing as how mom woke me up in the middle of the night to watch Prince Charles wed the lovely Lady Di. Now, I’m a dude’s dude. But hells if I don’t love the romance of it all just the same. Please don’t scrapheap my merry bachelors rep!

Love your blog.

• 12/26/2017 at 11:06 pm

Thank you so much for your delightful comment. I’m glad you enjoy my blog.

• 12/26/2017 at 11:13 pm

I do. Abundantly.

I am a Bronx born boy who has read “The Remains of the Day” countless times, because it soothes me to wander into a world I do not understand. And the words, they imprison me in a most kind kind way.

• 12/26/2017 at 11:17 pm

I so love your blog.

7. 12/26/2017 at 9:50 pm

Capricious is a wonderful word. Like how you used it to start your poem. I am not sure I completely agree with KV, Jr. I do think we need to be careful about what we pretend to be…but it’s not who we really are just what people may see.

• 12/26/2017 at 11:11 pm

Thank you, Patricia and I like the way you analyzed the quote.

8. 12/27/2017 at 10:58 pm

I have learned that success is a matter, not of avoiding caprice, but of channeling its fluidity into something useful to the world.

• 12/27/2017 at 11:33 pm

Yes, I agree. Sudden change, sometimes without reason, sparks our creative senses. Thank you for your relevant comment.

9. 12/28/2017 at 10:29 am

Very nice word of the week! That quote is really interesting!!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Purplerays

spiritual enlightenment and self improvement

issiaksonhudson

thoughts on thoughts.

Coffee fuels my photography!

...photography, food and musings of our travels

Musings

Walking, Poetry, Yoga

Invisible Illness

Depression, Anxiety, Mental illness, antidepressants

Creating Memories...

It's the little moments that make life big.

Fitful, Fearful, Phantasmal

Original Writing Inspired by Poe, King, and Twilight Zone, namely Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Nonfiction, and Poetry

dVerse

Poets Pub

EDC Writing - Believing Sight Unseen

His & Her words - internet liaisons / Their Days - Sam & Erin's story // EDC Shorts: six words - lines - poetry

Scenic Writer's Shack

Better Than Iron Man 2

Eclectic Alli

A bit of this, a bit of that, the meandering thoughts of a dreamer.

optimisticlifeat30

The essence of Poetry

Volare

Let's fly way up to the sky

Daffniblog

This is the only time I feel alive

lenandini