A Man of Means

73747-Guitar-By-Morning-Light

He was a person of interest. Some believed him a pest. His friends thought him a do-gooder, at best.

His family deemed him as one of those. Or so the story goes. He’d rather give than take. He had a firm handshake.

A good man he was with very few flaws.  So sad life dealt him a downward turn. The street life he had to learn.

Every day his guitar he would play. Perhaps, a few coins would come his way. His dog by his side. Together they cried.

Ah, our friend and his dog. They drew a crowd. Such deafening applause. He was a man with very few flaws.

The dynamic duo made the news. All while just singing the blues. His friends and family watched in awe. They were most amused.

Little did they know his songs were sung before they begun.

exploration-challenge-21

Reena’s Exploration Challenge Reena’s Exploration Challenge Week 21

Stop in and visit my other blog – ThusNSuch

Thus1

19 comments for “A Man of Means

1. 01/19/2018 at 11:58 pm

I like the experimental format, and the last line touched deep. It is what we label as Destiny – songs being sung before they begun.

Thanks for joining in week after week, Franci! Much appreciated!

• 01/20/2018 at 11:40 am

Thanks. I wanted to try something a little different. I follow a writer on beBee that has a style similar to this. I feel the format is something I need to work on, but worth the effort. This piece didn’t quite meet my expectations but fun to do.

• 01/20/2018 at 11:46 am

We are all work-in-progress. I saw some writers break words to meet the syllable count of a haiku/tanka, and I found it quaint. One needs to keep experimenting.

2. 01/19/2018 at 11:58 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena and commented:
    Enjoy the format and the tale ….

3. 01/20/2018 at 12:34 am

Nice! (I think I know him lol . . .)

4. 01/20/2018 at 6:13 pm

“His songs were sung before they begun.”- He surely saw the end in the beginning!

5. 01/20/2018 at 7:46 pm

Very nice!

6. 01/21/2018 at 4:20 pm

We have a number of street people near and in our church. This reminded me of one of them. Thanks.

• 01/22/2018 at 4:18 pm

I was watching one of those talent shows, which featured a homeless man that was an excellent pianist. One never knows what life will bring. Thank you for commenting.

7. 01/22/2018 at 6:42 am

Eugenia,

You have a beautiful way of unfolding a story with few words, expressing and touching the heart in a magical way. 😉 Have a good week!

• 01/22/2018 at 4:19 pm

Thank you, Cathy. Have a great week ahead,

8. Davy D
    01/22/2018 at 8:27 am

I enjoyed this change of style Eugenia and always feel it is good to experiment. I think we can relate to this on many streets. The last line leave food for thought.

• 01/22/2018 at 4:23 pm

Thank you so much, Davy. I appreciate your input. We never know until we try!

9. 01/23/2018 at 3:57 am

Beautifully crafted and it seems new to me portraying a story in this form .

Little did they know his songs were sung before they begun.
    I liked these lines very much👌

• 01/23/2018 at 11:03 am

Thank you! I am delighted you enjoyed it.

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Kamus Istilah

Yang Pernah Mbuat Aku Bingung

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Bittermarshmellos

Reveal the bitterness

Art of Quotation

"The artist exists because the world is not perfect" - Andrei Tarkovsky

A Curious Narrative

Memories, Imaginings, Contemplation

Jess Reimer Blog

lifestyle & travel

Voices on a paper

I often eavesdrop to random voices roaming in the air. Some leave bruises on my eyelids due to the frequent wiping of tears. They have a saddening picture. Others stimulate endless smiles. Some would like to remain unidentified. All in all, I love to narrate stories of the sad, happy and mysterious voices.

Justmuddlingthrough

The ups and downs of a working mum

River Sandha Review

Exposing truly talented people to the world.