A Man of Means

73747-Guitar-By-Morning-Light

He was a person of interest. Some believed him a pest. His friends thought him a do-gooder, at best.

His family deemed him as one of those. Or so the story goes. He’d rather give than take. He had a firm handshake.

A good man he was with very few flaws.  So sad life dealt him a downward turn. The street life he had to learn.

Every day his guitar he would play. Perhaps, a few coins would come his way. His dog by his side. Together they cried.

Ah, our friend and his dog. They drew a crowd. Such deafening applause. He was a man with very few flaws.

The dynamic duo made the news. All while just singing the blues. His friends and family watched in awe. They were most amused.

Little did they know his songs were sung before they begun.

exploration-challenge-21

Reena’s Exploration Challenge Reena’s Exploration Challenge Week 21

Stop in and visit my other blog – ThusNSuch

Thus1

19 comments for “A Man of Means

1. 01/19/2018 at 11:58 pm

I like the experimental format, and the last line touched deep. It is what we label as Destiny – songs being sung before they begun.

Thanks for joining in week after week, Franci! Much appreciated!

• 01/20/2018 at 11:40 am

Thanks. I wanted to try something a little different. I follow a writer on beBee that has a style similar to this. I feel the format is something I need to work on, but worth the effort. This piece didn’t quite meet my expectations but fun to do.

• 01/20/2018 at 11:46 am

We are all work-in-progress. I saw some writers break words to meet the syllable count of a haiku/tanka, and I found it quaint. One needs to keep experimenting.

2. 01/19/2018 at 11:58 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena and commented:
    Enjoy the format and the tale ….

3. 01/20/2018 at 12:34 am

Nice! (I think I know him lol . . .)

4. 01/20/2018 at 6:13 pm

“His songs were sung before they begun.”- He surely saw the end in the beginning!

5. 01/20/2018 at 7:46 pm

Very nice!

6. 01/21/2018 at 4:20 pm

We have a number of street people near and in our church. This reminded me of one of them. Thanks.

• 01/22/2018 at 4:18 pm

I was watching one of those talent shows, which featured a homeless man that was an excellent pianist. One never knows what life will bring. Thank you for commenting.

7. 01/22/2018 at 6:42 am

Eugenia,

You have a beautiful way of unfolding a story with few words, expressing and touching the heart in a magical way. 😉 Have a good week!

• 01/22/2018 at 4:19 pm

Thank you, Cathy. Have a great week ahead,

8. 01/22/2018 at 8:27 am

I enjoyed this change of style Eugenia and always feel it is good to experiment. I think we can relate to this on many streets. The last line leave food for thought.

• 01/22/2018 at 4:23 pm

Thank you so much, Davy. I appreciate your input. We never know until we try!

9. 01/23/2018 at 3:57 am

Beautifully crafted and it seems new to me portraying a story in this form .

Little did they know his songs were sung before they begun.
    I liked these lines very much👌

• 01/23/2018 at 11:03 am

Thank you! I am delighted you enjoyed it.

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

digital banega village

Starkite Poetry

Always Rising

eMAGINE

Blue Fences

The Daily Haley

Lover of life, constant dreamer, Pisces fish, believer, seeker, Beatlemaniac, bookworm, and a travel junkie

What if you knew your mind was about to be enslaved by psychopaths?

Would you take the ultimate gamble by crossing over to a parallel universe in search for a better life? If the answer is yes - read on.

The Bakwaas Blog

Just a bunch of nonsense, really