Some People

pexels-photo-260234

Life’s renewal isn’t a black tie affair

Best declare we’re goin’ somewhere

Not much future in goin’ nowhere

The key to anybody being a somebody

Is to be an original and not a copy

In Other Words

This week the event is to Write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word renewal. Please stop in and join the challenge Patricia’s Place

Be sure to visit the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the new Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y

And please pay a visit to my other blog – ThusNSuch

Thus1Eugenia

Images- Pexels

20 comments for “Some People

1. 01/24/2018 at 6:06 pm

Well, Eugenia, come to think about it we’re all copies of someone/something, but perhaps not quite. The evolution turns very slowly, and it dosen’t succeed with every turn (for which I’m very grateful) But – we’ll still be here in 500 million years unless we succeed in ruining our blue planet ourselves before then.
    The good news is that we won’t be here to witness it!
    Who said: *I’ll not be cremated’? In the long run we’ll all be!
    Nothing will last forever! Not even the sun!

• 01/24/2018 at 10:33 pm

I enjoyed your comment, Svein. You are a very wise man.

• 01/25/2018 at 3:34 am

Oh, I don’t know about that, but hoping to hold my ground for a little longer . . .:-)

2. 01/24/2018 at 6:17 pm

Love this post! ❤️

3. 01/24/2018 at 8:09 pm

Wonderful insight! This would make a great poster. Thanks for sharing.

• 01/24/2018 at 10:36 pm

Thank you, Patricia. I agree it would make a great poster.

4. 01/24/2018 at 8:24 pm

Love it, Eugenia! 🙂 xo

5. 01/24/2018 at 11:23 pm

I did like those last two lines Eugenia, well said.

6. 01/25/2018 at 10:10 am

Wise and powerful words Eugenia. You manage to pack so much into so few words.

7. 01/25/2018 at 11:29 pm

Oh, do I ever have that part down!

8. 01/26/2018 at 1:53 pm

I LOVE this poem!

9. 01/28/2018 at 11:55 am

Oh yes so true and so lovely

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

digital banega village

Starkite Poetry

Always Rising

eMAGINE

Blue Fences

The Daily Haley

Lover of life, constant dreamer, Pisces fish, believer, seeker, Beatlemaniac, bookworm, and a travel junkie

What if you knew your mind was about to be enslaved by psychopaths?

Would you take the ultimate gamble by crossing over to a parallel universe in search for a better life? If the answer is yes - read on.

The Bakwaas Blog

Just a bunch of nonsense, really