Out There

132253-Moon-Lady

Perhaps, every umpteen years

We brush with what’s claimed as wierd

Do we dare compare to what’s normal

Or what is defined as preternatural?

For example, a super blue blood moon

Bedazzled for the first time in 152 years

One may think an omen to shift gears?

Yes, the pleasure of this rare trifecta

A phenom that changes humdrum to festive

Ah, mother earth’s celestial friend, the moon

An addictive charmer making us ofttimes swoon

-Eugenia

hack-the-normal

Reena’s Exploration Challenge Week 23

I’d be delighted to have you visit the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part of this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y

And please pay a visit to ny other blog, ThusNSuch, dedicated to poems and quotes.

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

Also meet a few of my BFFs (best blog land friends)

A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales

Go Dog Go Cafe

Patricia’s Place

See Norway

The Sound of One Hand Typing

I Am A Sonic Boomer, Not A Senior

Reinventions and Reena Saxena

Cheers!

19 comments for “Out There

1. 02/02/2018 at 4:39 pm

We seem to fall prey to our inner fears, feelings or imaginations?
    Back in the 12th century you might tell people anything and would be able to start a riot, an uprising or plain mass hysteria?
    It’s a bit different in 2018, for which I’m for ever so grateful! 🙂

• 02/02/2018 at 8:35 pm

Yes, I feel the same way. Perhaps, there are advantages to having the news easier to access. Even if fake news, we at least have the option to make a decision.

2. 02/02/2018 at 9:59 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena and commented:
    Celebrating the different ….

3. 02/02/2018 at 10:00 pm

Came across an interesting story on LinkedIn just now

There’s a story of a wizard who wanted to destroy a kingdom. He mixed a special potion with the power to turn the village mad. He poured the potion into the communal well.

The following morning, the whole population drank from the well and they all went mad, apart from the king and his family, who had a well set aside for them alone, which the magician had not managed to poison.
    The king was worried and tried to control the population by governing security and public health.
    The policemen however, had also drunk the poison, and they thought the king’s decisions were absurd.

They became convinced the king had gone mad and was now giving nonsensical orders. They called for him to step down.
    In despair the king prepared to walk away from the throne. The queen stopped him, ‘Let us go and drink from their well. Then we will be the same as them.’
    The king and the queen drank the potion of madness and immediately began talking nonsense.
    The people repented at once; now that the king was displaying such wisdom, he must be allowed to continue ruling!

It is easier to drink. Easier not to think.

People are stuck with nonsense.
    Perhaps the change they desire is not another bandwagon to jump on, but rather some critical thinking of their own.

• 02/02/2018 at 11:28 pm

Thank you for sharing this story, Reena. It makes sense because sheeple, those that are foolish and easily led, will follow without thinking. I agree, people are stuck with nonsense and would rather be docile and non-compliant. Then there’s the fear factor, which is another issue, but an example of why people follow without thinking.

4. 02/02/2018 at 11:46 pm

Sadly, I went out with my family to see the super blue blood moon but we saw nothing. I doubt we will be here in the next 152 years to be dazzled by its presence 😉

• 02/03/2018 at 10:37 am

We didn’t see the blue blood moon, however, we saw a beautiful bright and almost pure white moon before the changes. When the changes took place the moon was hidden by trees and fog.

5. 02/03/2018 at 9:49 am

Great take on this prompt Eugenia, I especially like the final line. I rememebr walking home one Easter from Midnight Mass with the full moon showing us the way through its silvery light, I wouldn’t say we were swooning, but it was a magical moment.

• 02/03/2018 at 10:39 am

Thank you. Michael. I believe the moon brings the world a lot of magical moments.

6. 02/03/2018 at 10:43 am

So beautiful!

7. 02/03/2018 at 10:55 pm

Here’s what the Blood Red Supermoon did for me. I woke at 2 AM, misread the clock, in the darkness, got up, took a shower and shaved. Fully dressed and mostly awake, I looked at 2:20, on the clock screen. I had a lovely two more hours of sleep.

• 02/04/2018 at 11:02 am

I’ve had that happen and it messes up the rest of my day. I remember waking up at 3:30 on a Saturday, thinking it was a weekday and I had to go to work. What a bummer.

8. 02/04/2018 at 7:52 pm

The moon I saw was big, seemed low in the sky, and was almost white. I didn’t think it was weird. It was awesome!

• 02/05/2018 at 10:56 am

I saw a big bright moon, as well. It was stunning.

9. 02/05/2018 at 8:07 am

Nice poetry and take on the prompt Eugenia. We saw the same moon as you Eugenia. Although it wasn’t blue the light was magnificent. Another gift from Mother Nature 🙂

10. 02/05/2018 at 9:27 am

Told you…magical 😉

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Purplerays

spiritual enlightenment and self improvement

issiaksonhudson

thoughts on thoughts.

Coffee fuels my photography!

...photography, food and musings of our travels

Musings

Walking, Poetry, Yoga

Invisible Illness

Depression, Anxiety, Mental illness, antidepressants

Creating Memories...

It's the little moments that make life big.

Fitful, Fearful, Phantasmal

Original Writing Inspired by Poe, King, and Twilight Zone, namely Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Nonfiction, and Poetry

dVerse

Poets Pub

EDC Writing - Believing Sight Unseen

His & Her words - internet liaisons / Their Days - Sam & Erin's story // EDC Shorts: six words - lines - poetry

Scenic Writer's Shack

Better Than Iron Man 2

Eclectic Alli

A bit of this, a bit of that, the meandering thoughts of a dreamer.

optimisticlifeat30

The essence of Poetry

Volare

Let's fly way up to the sky

Daffniblog

This is the only time I feel alive

lenandini