Out There

132253-Moon-Lady

Perhaps, every umpteen years

We brush with what’s claimed as weird

Do we dare compare to what’s normal

Or what is defined as preternatural?

For example, a super blue blood moon

Bedazzled for the first time in 152 years

One may think an omen to shift gears?

Yes, the pleasure of this rare trifecta

A phenom that changes humdrum to festive

Ah, mother earth’s celestial friend, the moon

An addictive charmer making us ofttimes swoon

hack-the-normal

Reena’s Exploration Challenge Week 23

Please visit, ThusNSuch, my other blog

Thus1

19 comments for “Out There

1. 02/02/2018 at 4:39 pm

We seem to fall prey to our inner fears, feelings or imaginations?
    Back in the 12th century you might tell people anything and would be able to start a riot, an uprising or plain mass hysteria?
    It’s a bit different in 2018, for which I’m for ever so grateful! 🙂

• 02/02/2018 at 8:35 pm

Yes, I feel the same way. Perhaps, there are advantages to having the news easier to access. Even if fake news, we at least have the option to make a decision.

2. 02/02/2018 at 9:59 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena and commented:
    Celebrating the different ….

3. 02/02/2018 at 10:00 pm

Came across an interesting story on LinkedIn just now

There’s a story of a wizard who wanted to destroy a kingdom. He mixed a special potion with the power to turn the village mad. He poured the potion into the communal well.

The following morning, the whole population drank from the well and they all went mad, apart from the king and his family, who had a well set aside for them alone, which the magician had not managed to poison.
    The king was worried and tried to control the population by governing security and public health.
    The policemen however, had also drunk the poison, and they thought the king’s decisions were absurd.

They became convinced the king had gone mad and was now giving nonsensical orders. They called for him to step down.
    In despair the king prepared to walk away from the throne. The queen stopped him, ‘Let us go and drink from their well. Then we will be the same as them.’
    The king and the queen drank the potion of madness and immediately began talking nonsense.
    The people repented at once; now that the king was displaying such wisdom, he must be allowed to continue ruling!

It is easier to drink. Easier not to think.

People are stuck with nonsense.
    Perhaps the change they desire is not another bandwagon to jump on, but rather some critical thinking of their own.

• 02/02/2018 at 11:28 pm

Thank you for sharing this story, Reena. It makes sense because sheeple, those that are foolish and easily led, will follow without thinking. I agree, people are stuck with nonsense and would rather be docile and non-compliant. Then there’s the fear factor, which is another issue, but an example of why people follow without thinking.

4. 02/02/2018 at 11:46 pm

Sadly, I went out with my family to see the super blue blood moon but we saw nothing. I doubt we will be here in the next 152 years to be dazzled by its presence 😉

• 02/03/2018 at 10:37 am

We didn’t see the blue blood moon, however, we saw a beautiful bright and almost pure white moon before the changes. When the changes took place the moon was hidden by trees and fog.

5. 02/03/2018 at 9:49 am

Great take on this prompt Eugenia, I especially like the final line. I rememebr walking home one Easter from Midnight Mass with the full moon showing us the way through its silvery light, I wouldn’t say we were swooning, but it was a magical moment.

• 02/03/2018 at 10:39 am

Thank you. Michael. I believe the moon brings the world a lot of magical moments.

6. 02/03/2018 at 10:43 am

So beautiful!

7. 02/03/2018 at 10:55 pm

Here’s what the Blood Red Supermoon did for me. I woke at 2 AM, misread the clock, in the darkness, got up, took a shower and shaved. Fully dressed and mostly awake, I looked at 2:20, on the clock screen. I had a lovely two more hours of sleep.

• 02/04/2018 at 11:02 am

I’ve had that happen and it messes up the rest of my day. I remember waking up at 3:30 on a Saturday, thinking it was a weekday and I had to go to work. What a bummer.

8. 02/04/2018 at 7:52 pm

The moon I saw was big, seemed low in the sky, and was almost white. I didn’t think it was weird. It was awesome!

• 02/05/2018 at 10:56 am

I saw a big bright moon, as well. It was stunning.

9. 02/05/2018 at 8:07 am

Nice poetry and take on the prompt Eugenia. We saw the same moon as you Eugenia. Although it wasn’t blue the light was magnificent. Another gift from Mother Nature 🙂

10. 02/05/2018 at 9:27 am

Told you…magical 😉

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan