Sharing post on blog etiquette by Ritu.

But I Smile Anyway...

It’s very easy to become a little self-absorbed when you first start a blog.

• You want to write things that people like.
  • You want followers.
  • You want to be discovered.
  • You want loads of comments and shares, to prove popularity.

Sure, there are blogs that manage to achieve that kind of fame and notoriety… but it’s not easy.

We all have to start somewhere, and like most of you will have been taught from birth, good manners count for a lot. In life, we have that etiquette to follow. We know about out pleases and thank yous. Respecting others. showing compassion and humility.

It’s the same in the Blogosphere.

Except here you have Blogiquette to learn.

It’s not much different to what you do in real life, but obviously, it’s via the interweb, so you need a few tweaks!

You don’t want to be known as the pompous one who…

View original post 760 more words

14 comments for “Blogiquette – 7 Simple Blogging Manners To Adhere By (Well, I think so, anyway!)

1. Jim
    02/03/2018 at 9:44 am

I clicked the “likes” link. I did! I did!

2. 02/03/2018 at 9:56 am

Very good advice

• 02/03/2018 at 1:06 pm

Thank you. I felt we all could benefit from this post. 🙂

3. 02/03/2018 at 10:47 am

Great post

4. 02/03/2018 at 11:05 am

Great advice.

5. 02/03/2018 at 11:56 am

Thank.you so much for the share!

6. 02/03/2018 at 2:19 pm

Glad someone’s finally put it into rule form. As we all know in society in general, manners ain’t what they used to be!

7. 02/04/2018 at 8:06 am

Good manners is a must. Often the folks online can be far more rude because they can’t see all the people that may be reading what they write. Some think it’s okay to say whatever they want. It isn’t.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

• 02/04/2018 at 11:04 am

Yes, very true and I see it more on other sites every day. I haven’t noticed it being a big problem with WordPress.

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan