Tuesday Chatter Weekly

125831-Black-White-Crescent-Moon-On-The-Water

Have a seat and enjoy the buzz. You’ll find the Tuesday Chatter Café, a cozy place to meet for coffee and a weekly chat. Be kind to one another because what happens here doesn’t stay here. By the way, the gossips like to stare.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

Word of the weekpreternatural (adjective)-beyond what is normal or natural. Synonyms-extraordinary, exceptional, unusual, uncommon, remarkable, phenomenal, abnormal, accountable, strange.

Words that rhyme or nearly rhyme-lateral, collateral, natural, masterful, pastoral, mackeral, unilateral.

Me thinks it’s happenstance that preternatural events

Are an intellectual excercise for the sixth sense

The dangling tapestry over the randomness in life

Creates a woven song with lilting murmurs of the fife

Twinkle twinkle little stars watch out for flying cars

The hoi polloi lost their GPS on their way to Mars

Do we put an ear to the ground to hear that sound

An orchestrated performance bound to astound

No matter where we reside, we’re homeward bound

But our world is full of toodle-loos and sad goodbyes

While sheeple take the low road amidst sighs and lies

Their copy/paste recipes missing a slice of the pie

Perhaps, it will behoove us to nuture the sixth sense

Seeing the unseen may find common sense

It was just yesteryear we knew the why’s and the whence

-Eugenia

If we were having coffee on this day, Tuesday, February 6th of the year in-

2014-Jay Leno’s appearance on The Tonight Show comes to an end.

1987-Federal buildings in the US put no-smoking rules into effect.

1981-Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison of The Beatles record a tribute to John Lennon

1974-US House of Representatives begin determination proceedings for the Impeachment of Richard Nixon.

1971-A golf ball is hit on the moon for the first time.

1952-Queen Elizabeth II proclained Queen of the United Kingdom, suceeding King George VI.

1943-Frank Sinatra makes his debut on radio’s Your Hit Parade.

1935-For the first time, Monopoly, the board game, goes on sale.

1918-Great Britain gives women the right to vote, if over 30.

Tuesdays are meet and greet at the café

C41

Please pay a visit to your fellow bloggers-

Writings and Reflections

Musings by MK Vecchitto

DoublePie

Fashion, design, creativity

Comedy Plus

Comedy Plus

Frank J. Tassone

Haikai Poetry Matters

Visit us each Tuesday at the cafe, and share your creative side! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let us know what woke up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave your new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

Take a few moments to visit the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part of this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

Come in and browse through ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry and quotes-

bee7

beBee is a free global social network for maximizing your visibility and audience. It lets you connect with people that share your interests. beBee Registration.

1.- Your content is delivered to all of your network. 2.- Your content is automatically top ranked on Google Search Engine. 3.- Your quality content reaches your target affinity groups (we call them Hives on beBee). 4.- Your content can be distributed through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.

Cheers!

29 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. Jim
    02/05/2018 at 1:52 pm

if we were having coffee right now, I’d be asking “How did I get to Georgia?”

2. 02/05/2018 at 3:04 pm

Nice quote by Wilde. I these lines from your poem: “Twinkle twinkle little stars watch out for flying cars

The hoi polloi lost their GPS on their way to Mars”

• 02/05/2018 at 7:47 pm

I’m so glad you liked it, Frank. It’s good to hear from you.

3. 02/05/2018 at 4:52 pm

Awesome Tuesday Chatter! 🙂 xo

4. 02/05/2018 at 5:44 pm

I like the quote and your poem! Always a pleasure. Some of these things sound soooo long ago but I feel as though it has not been long at all!

5. 02/05/2018 at 6:00 pm

A fantastic post as always, Eugenia. 🙂

6. 02/06/2018 at 8:32 am

Thanks for the shout out. Most kind of you.

I love the look in the past. I was around for many of them. Not the last three though.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

• 02/06/2018 at 10:52 am

You’re most welcome! I try to spread my selections over a few decades and lean toward major events.

7. 02/06/2018 at 11:20 am

Another Tuesday cracker Eugenia. I think some of my golf shots may have landed on the moon 🙂 Still laughing at the thought of the hoi poloi and their GPS on the way to Mars.

• 02/06/2018 at 4:55 pm

I’m glad you got a laugh out my wacky poem, Davy. Thanks for visiting.

8. 02/07/2018 at 5:57 am

Women over thirty who owned also property, they liked to qualify everything those parliamentarians. And still women make up less than a quarter of elected representatives.

• 02/07/2018 at 12:34 pm

I feel that even though women have made great strides, we still have a long way to go. Thank you for commenting.

• 02/07/2018 at 5:16 pm

We have a new Women’s Equality Party here, I am sorta kinda distantly related to its leader in that she is the great-niece of my godmother!

9. 02/07/2018 at 7:01 am

Eugenia,

A cleverly written poem, as usual. Oh to be talented like this, I wish! 😉 Thinking about your On This Day in History regarding UK women’s right to vote granted if over the age of 30. Really, when you think about it that’s not a bad age for anyone. I read years ago that judgment isn’t totally formed until the age of 25 and yet we give kids the right vote at 18 and drive at 15. Of course, these laws can’t be changed easily without a lot of people going berserk. *roll eyes* Thanks for hosting Tuesday Chatter.

• 02/07/2018 at 12:48 pm

I’m delighted you like my poem, Cathy. It seems we’re made to grow up too fast, yet, it could be a nudge in the right direction. Depending on upbringing and education, our younger generations can be capable of making intelligent decisions. Then, there is the other side of the coin where even adults can’t make good decisions. Thank you for visiting Tuesday Chatter.

10. 02/08/2018 at 2:50 pm

This is so amazing, very well written.. 😊Guess I have missed a lot of your posts as I was away for a while from the blogging life… Will have to read those asap it seems… Also will be glad to have your perspective on my works, as always…

11. 02/13/2018 at 9:08 am

We are so surprised that you’ve mentioned us! We really appreciate it. Thanks!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Purplerays

spiritual enlightenment and self improvement

issiaksonhudson

thoughts on thoughts.

Coffee fuels my photography!

...photography, food and musings of our travels

Musings

Walking, Poetry, Yoga

Invisible Illness

Depression, Anxiety, Mental illness, antidepressants

Creating Memories...

It's the little moments that make life big.

Fitful, Fearful, Phantasmal

Original Writing Inspired by Poe, King, and Twilight Zone, namely Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Nonfiction, and Poetry

dVerse

Poets Pub

EDC Writing - Believing Sight Unseen

His & Her words - internet liaisons / Their Days - Sam & Erin's story // EDC Shorts: six words - lines - poetry

Scenic Writer's Shack

Better Than Iron Man 2

Eclectic Alli

A bit of this, a bit of that, the meandering thoughts of a dreamer.

optimisticlifeat30

The essence of Poetry

Volare

Let's fly way up to the sky

Daffniblog

This is the only time I feel alive

lenandini