Tuesday Chatter Weekly

323870-Love-Stories...

Greetings! Have a seat and enjoy the buzz. You’ll find the Tuesday Chatter Café, a fun place to meet for coffee and a weekly chat. Be kind to one another because what happens here doesn’t stay here. By the way, the tattlers like to talk.

Valentine’s Day, February 14 – trivia

Approximately 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged in the US. This is the busiest card sending time of the year next to Christmas

85% of cards purchased are by women

1 out of every 5 cards go to parents

About 3% of cards are given to pets

The popularity of Valentine’s Day cards in order-teachers, children, mothers, wives, sweethearts, and pets

Valentines Day and Mothers Day are the two biggest days for giving flowers, with 50 million roses given on Valentines Day, each year.

Those who buy roses are 73% men and 27%, women

Men lead the way by buying most of the millions of flowers and boxes of candy for Valentines Day

The first Valentines Day candy box was invented by Richard Cadbury in the 1800s

Word of the week-kerfuffle-(noun)-a to-do or fuss, a disturbance or commotion usually caused by a dispute or conflict. synonyms-brouhaha, disorder, commotion, unrest, controversy, agitation.

Words that rhyme or nearly rhyme-duffle, muffle, shuffle, ruffle, scuffle, truffle, bustle, rustle, puzzle, struggle.

Imagine the kerfuffle if the roses didn’t bloom

Woebegone moments and doom and gloom

Imagine the fuss if the candy box is empty

Even the gigglesnorters become a bit testy

Imagine a winged creature called cupid

His lack of attire doesn’t seem well-suited

Imagine a life without love and romance

There’d be no reason for the stars to dance

Imagine February without Valentines Day

There’d be no ado about a month made gay

Imagine seeing those long-awaited smiles

This life on earth a trove of worthwhiles

Tuesdays are Meet and Greet at the café

Teresa Mcrae, Author

Hello, I am the author of the Historical Fiction Novel called Mamie Garrision. It is a tale of slavery, abolition, romance and history, set in the years just prior to the Civil War.

Silently Smouldering Words

Poetry and things like that

The Hunt and Peck Blog

Take a Deep Breath

December Rose

“God gave memory so we could have roses in December”-J.M. Barrie

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

Visit us each Tuesday at the cafe, and share your creative side! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let us know what woke up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave your new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry

ThusNSuch1a

28 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 02/12/2018 at 2:22 pm

And ther only practic purpose to ensure the business world an extras revenue!
    I haven’t purchased one single valentine card in my entire life time, and I don’t intend to start now. ‘Black Friday’ is another such gimmick!

• 02/12/2018 at 3:26 pm

Yes, Valentines Day is another festive day taken over by commercialism. I used to find some deals on Black Friday, but, not so much now.

2. 02/12/2018 at 3:19 pm

Such a beautiful writing and quote you selected…“Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench, even if there is plenty of room at both ends.”-unknown

3. 02/12/2018 at 4:07 pm

Eugenia,

You inspired me with your word choice and rhyming words to create a piece of poetry but I’ll warn you I’m not quite as clever as you. Anywho, watch for it in tomorrow’s post. Thanks for sharing!! 🙂

• 02/12/2018 at 9:08 pm

I look forward to it, Cathy. I believe you are a lot more clever then you think. Your blog is outstanding!

• 02/13/2018 at 6:55 am

Eugenia,

You’re very, very kind. Thank you! My post is live now, so feel free to join in anytime. 😉 Have a blessed day!!

4. 02/12/2018 at 8:09 pm

Hey Eugenia, Namaste 🙂

I get the feeling you are a die-hard romantic at heart 🙂 How sad it would be if roses never bloomed.

You are a wordsmith: to have used the words – kerfuffle, woebegone, gigglesnorters – in one poem.

Happy Valentines Eugenia.

Namaste 🙂

DN

5. 02/12/2018 at 10:56 pm

I buy nothing on Valentine’s any more, being without an S.O. , since 2011. Nonetheless, I love many women, and I show this day to day.

• 02/13/2018 at 11:35 am

My hubby and I don’t make a big deal out of Valentines Day. We go out for a nice dinner and enjoy each other. 🤩

6. 02/13/2018 at 1:08 am

I do like the positivity in your poem, Eugenia. No ‘woebegone moments’.

7. 02/13/2018 at 11:36 am

Wow I never knew that cards were given to pets hahaha This was fun Franci! I really like your word each Tuesday chatter as well!

• 02/13/2018 at 11:53 am

Can you believe people give cards to their pets! But then, our pets are our fur kids. I would give my pet a treat or a toy rather than a card. I’m glad you like the word of the week on TC. I feel we can all learn from it and I have fun at the same time.

• 02/13/2018 at 3:00 pm

Yes learning for sure!! Yes I would give a treat or toy as well !

8. Davy D
    02/13/2018 at 12:57 pm

Loved the facts about Valentines Day and your poem with the prompt kerfuffle Eugenia. I think we can be resourceful and get beyond the commercialism, but still celebrate a day dedicated to love. There is nothing better than writing a poem to a loved one, especially verses with some gigglesnorts in.

• 02/13/2018 at 3:17 pm

Thank you, Davy and I’m glad you enjoyed my post. I note that Grammarly doesn’t understand some of my unique words. I can understand that the word gigglesnorters is not in their dictionary, but kerfuffle should be. I find I have to check Grammarly more than it checks me! lol

• Davy D
        02/14/2018 at 7:14 am

I think it is the task of the writer to create new words Eugenia and gigglesnorter is a great one 🙂

9. 02/13/2018 at 7:09 pm

Thank you,for offering me some wonderful poetry resources. Happy Valentines Day Eugenia

10. 02/13/2018 at 11:00 pm

This gigglesnorter would be way more than a bit testy if the candy box was empty! I hope nobody tells Teddy and Jack that some pets get Valentine’s Day cards.

• 02/14/2018 at 10:58 am

Yes, an empty candy box shouldn’t even be an option! My catkid would probably try to eat the card,

MY LIFE IN WORDS

My sexuality is not an inferior trait that needs to be chaperoned by emotionalism or morality.

roxy743

Learning Experience

The Chicago Files

A CANADIAN EXPAT'S EXPERIENCES AND OBSERVATIONS LIVING IN THE WINDY CITY!

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

Jo Hawk

The Writer

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

Zoolon Hub

The Home of ‘All Things’ Zoolon

Destination Wedding Store

Bespoke Planning, For Those Seeking a Five Star Wedding

daneelyunus

This site is about the knowledge of different categories such as education, , health, mobiles, and tourism

The Learning Prophet

Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Nature, Spirtuality

Best Life Facts

To Feel Good From Your Head To Your Feet Keep A Healthy Heart Beat

The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom

A place to write all I need to write.

& lingering thoughts

dose of Cristianism, & other absurdities.

IMwithJay

Internet Marketing for the Rest of Us

Family Travel Host USA

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Thony Space

Random Writings

Random Thoughts

A thousand thoughts

Aubrey's Arch

A Complete Circle, An Oracle’s Virtue

Reflections!

Through My Lens...

A Fine Balance

All the linked posts under this blog are an outcome of my observations about the things that often go unnoticed and the things that are often taken for granted.

Islamic Dua Istikhara

Get paak Islamic Dua and Istikhara for Your Daily Life problems

But I Smile Anyway...

Musings and memories, words and wisdom... of a working family woman