Look Them in the Eyes

124842-Black-Cat

The testimonies of yesteryear

Lessons that transcribe desire

Let’s not be too hasty to conspire

Spilled ink will reveal the liars

In Other Words

This week the event is to Write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word desire. Please stop in and join the challenge at Patricia’s Place

I’d be delighted to see you at the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y

Please visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

Thus1

8 comments for “Look Them in the Eyes

1. 02/15/2018 at 12:03 am

The hasty always give themselves away!

2. Davy D
    02/15/2018 at 6:23 am

Intriguing piece of poetry Eugenia. I wonder how many writers of this type could look the subjects of the writing in the eye. Your photo brings more power to the poem.

• 02/15/2018 at 11:25 am

Thank you, Davy, for your very nice comment. It pleases me when my readers take notice that the intent of the image is to compliment the written piece.

3. 02/15/2018 at 8:54 am

Eugenia,

Fabulous poem! I love the rhyme of your ending words in each line – desire, conspire, liars. This is something I wish came natural to me. Ooo, what interesting poem! I wonder what lies were revealed? Thanks for sharing!

4. 02/19/2018 at 12:48 pm

Don’t know how I missed your link but I am glad I found it! Great poem and love the cat’s eyes. Thanks for sharing.

• 02/19/2018 at 1:52 pm

I’m glad you liked it, Patricia. I find cat’s eyes beautiful and fascinating. They have a way of communicating that doesn’t need to be verbalized.

HappymessHappiness

Full-time daydreamer, half-time paranoid.

Thinking Chitalia

As opposed to a “not thinking chitalia”

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...