Look Them in the Eyes

124842-Black-Cat

The testimonies of yesteryear

Lessons that transcribe desire

Let’s not be too hasty to conspire

Spilled ink will reveal the liars

In Other Words

This week the event is to Write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word desire. Please stop in and join the challenge at Patricia’s Place

I’d be delighted to see you at the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y

Please visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

Thus1

8 comments for “Look Them in the Eyes

1. 02/15/2018 at 12:03 am

The hasty always give themselves away!

2. 02/15/2018 at 6:23 am

Intriguing piece of poetry Eugenia. I wonder how many writers of this type could look the subjects of the writing in the eye. Your photo brings more power to the poem.

• 02/15/2018 at 11:25 am

Thank you, Davy, for your very nice comment. It pleases me when my readers take notice that the intent of the image is to compliment the written piece.

3. 02/15/2018 at 8:54 am

Eugenia,

Fabulous poem! I love the rhyme of your ending words in each line – desire, conspire, liars. This is something I wish came natural to me. Ooo, what interesting poem! I wonder what lies were revealed? Thanks for sharing!

4. 02/19/2018 at 12:48 pm

Don’t know how I missed your link but I am glad I found it! Great poem and love the cat’s eyes. Thanks for sharing.

• 02/19/2018 at 1:52 pm

I’m glad you liked it, Patricia. I find cat’s eyes beautiful and fascinating. They have a way of communicating that doesn’t need to be verbalized.

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan