Tuesday Chatter Weekly

pexels-photo-606545

Greetings! Have a seat and enjoy the buzz. You’ll find the Tuesday Chatter Café, a fun place to meet for coffee and a weekly chat. Be kind to one another because what happens here doesn’t stay here. By the way, the tattlers like to talk.

If we were having coffee on this day, Tuesday, February 20th of the year in-

2013-Estonia  – the first country to establish a national system of fast chargers for electric cars.

1992-Ross Perot announces he will run for President on the Larry King Show.

1987-After 11 years, David Hartman quits ABC’s “Good Morning America”.

1974-Cher files for separation from husband Sonny Bono.

1962-John Glenn is the first American to orbit the earth, aboard Friendship 7.

1944-Batman & Robin comic strip debuts in newspapers

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

Word of the week– bodacious (adjective) remarkable, impressive, a person with a fun, quirky personality that is a little bit out-there and adventurous is an example of someone who might be described as having a bodacious personality synonyms-bold, confident, cheeky, gutsy, gritty, nervy, sassy, valiant.

Words that rhyme or nearly rhyme-gracious, spacious, audacious, flirtatious, fallacious, sagacious, fugacious, tenacious, vivacious

Dear bodacious people

Whether friend or foe

There are highs and lows

In this perplexing world

Plastic selfies in a twirl

Hey, showing true grit

Could help our morrows

Even shelve our sorrows

Ridiculous for ridiculous sake

What’s it gonna take

Tweedle dee and tweedle dum

Nothing’s good about ho-hum

Tuesdays are Meet and Greet at the café

dverse Poets Pub

Poets Pub

Verses In Motion

Life is short…..but it’s long enough to make your forget…..that it doesn’t last forever!

Ardor’s Garden

Where heart and humor are harvested

Rosco’s Reading Room

A Book Blog by Children’ Author Shana Gorian

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

Visit us each Tuesday at the cafe, and share your creative side! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let us know what woke up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave your new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

Take a few moments to visit the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part of this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y

ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry

ThusNSuch1aEugenia

Photo by Jessica Lewis from Pexels

27 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 02/19/2018 at 3:24 pm

Between your references to Batman and Robin, along with references to Alice in Wonderland, I am digging this post!

2. 02/19/2018 at 5:17 pm

Hey Eugenia, Namaste 🙂

How are you? Your pen flows in remarkable ways weaving me into your ditty. It feels a pleasant fit: the seamstress that you are 🙂

A quick question: what happened to Friendship 1 to 6?

At the reading the Poetess was bodacious – audacious in a way I considered admirable. She revealed herself in a fifteen line sonnet. The crowd gasped at such a thing! lol 🙂

Hoping all is well – have a wonderful afternoon.

Namaste 🙂

DN

• 02/19/2018 at 8:30 pm

Dewin, I am always delighted by your comments. It makes the writing of whacky poetry worthwhile. Friendship 7 was named by the astronaut, John Glenn, as it was common practice the astronauts named their personal capsules. The 7 represents his fellow Mercury members.

• 02/20/2018 at 3:19 pm

Whilst I am always delighted to be here Eugenia, thank you: and here not just for the pleasant company, the whacky poetry, or the headlining knowledge, but also for the splash of Bourbon you throw into my coffee cup on every visit 🙂

Regards the naming of the capsule: I find that fascinating and had no idea NASA might operate like this. It makes perfect sense and inspires all to be so unified in friendship in much the same: after-all we all live on the one spaceship hurtling through space called Earth heading for a destination unknown…a future we’ll all get to a little quicker being friends with one another 🙂

Enjoy your afternoon and evening. Thank you for coffee and a splash: but now I really ought to dash 🙂

Ciao Eugenia. Namaste 🙂

DN

3. 02/19/2018 at 8:02 pm

Wow so many things on this day! Love the poem

4. 02/20/2018 at 4:05 am

Estonia? Who’da thought?

• 02/20/2018 at 9:39 am

Yes, I found this to be very interesting. I’ve not heard much about Estonia.

• 02/20/2018 at 1:40 pm

Neither had I until I edited a book and some plays by a famous author/musician/producer who is from that country,

5. 02/20/2018 at 12:09 pm

Enjoyed your take on the prompt Eugenia and how you wove it into the quote. “I will try again tomorrow” are wonderful words.

6. 02/23/2018 at 6:53 am

Eugenia,

When John Glenn orbited the earth, I was 14 months old. Definitely, too little to remember the historical event. I remember Ross Perot running for president. Did you know he passed away on the 20th of this month? I always liked watching the Sonny & Cher TV program as a kid. It made me sad when they split. They weren’t necessarily a brilliant mewsical duo but I liked them anyhow. Thanks for hosting the fun and I’m sorry for the late visit. It’s just been one a hectic week. Oh, yeah, great poem!

• 02/23/2018 at 12:48 pm

Wow! I didn’t know about Ross Perot – how sad. I liked Sonny and Cher too and agree with you about their music as a duo. But they were entertaining and fun to watch. Thank for the visit.

7. 03/08/2018 at 9:01 am

Another great poem! Its always fun at Tuesday chatter xx

• 03/08/2018 at 11:05 am

Thank you. I glad you think it’s fun because I want TC to be fun and frivolous. xo

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Perceptions Unplugged

Read, Think & Write

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

♥️Off Duty Nurse ♥️

Melody Chen

Word-Experimentalist

My experience

digital banega village

Mihran Kalaydjian's Official Blog

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s. Billy Wilder

Short Ramblings