Tuesday Chatter Weekly

196242-Birds-On-A-Branch

Welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Café! Have a seat and enjoy the buzz. You’ll find the café a friendly place to meet for coffee and a weekly chat. Be kind to one another because what happens here doesn’t stay here. By the way, beware of the scandalmongers and their nosiness.

Gossip can be entertaining: occasionally, I’ve heard the most fascinating things about myself I never knew. -Vanna Bonta

Word on the weekgossiper (noun)-a person who habitually reveals personal and sensational facts about others. Synonyms-betrayer, blabbermouth, informant, informer, snitcher, squealer, stool pigeon, tattler, libeler, scandalmonger.

Gossipers, when at their best

They create such a mess

Oh, so busy, like bees in a hive

Perfecting their art of spreading lies

We wince and we grit our teeth

We’re slack-jawed as they begin to speak

Blah blah blah and flippity flap

More informants come up to bat

Faced with a conundrum of talking the talk

Best move along as they walk the walk

The squealers, snitches, and tattlers

The betrayers, libelers, and naysayers

A quorum of quidnuncs with nothing to do

Except create trifling talk about me and you

If we were having coffee on this day, Tuesday, March 6th of the year in-

2013-The Euro Commission fines Microsoft for not providing alternative web browsers

1992– A Computer virus named Michelangelo begins to take effect

1985-Actor Yul Brynner appears in his 4,500th performance of The King and I

1970Let is Be is released by the Beatles in the UK

1950-Silly Putty debuts in the US

1921-In Sunbury, PA (US), police issue an edict which require women’s skirts to be at least 4 inches below the knee

Tuesdays are Meet and Greet at the café

The Rooster Times

I get up every morning to crow a bit, but the dog just wants to chase me around the room

Boomers Next Step

SiezeThe Day…Live Life Your Way

Biff Sock Pow

Findng humor in everydat life

Rachel McKee – Illuminated Literation

Life, Love & Literature

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

Visit us each Tuesday at the cafe, and share your creative side! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let us know what woke up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave your new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry.

ThusNSuch1a

bee19

beBee is a free global social network for maximizing your visibility and audience. It lets you connect with people that share your interests. beBee Registration.

1.- Your content is delivered to all of your network. 2.- Your content is automatically top ranked on Google Search Engine. 3.- Your quality content reaches your target affinity groups (we call them Hives on beBee). 4.- Your content can be distributed through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.

28 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 03/05/2018 at 2:10 pm

Wonderfully whimsical poem about the gossipers!

2. 03/05/2018 at 2:30 pm

Blabbermouth is one of my favourite terms, Eugenia! But yes, they do like to talk about us, don’t they?
    I love that photo of the birds!

• 03/05/2018 at 2:35 pm

Thank you, Tom. The birds make me think of a bunch of informants sitting on a wire waiting to spread their lies.

3. 03/05/2018 at 3:45 pm

Eugenia, this is a great poem. Gossipers can do so much harm and
    you say it so clearly and yet keep the poem full of fun.
    A lot of depth in your poem, dipped in giggle.
    miriam

• 03/05/2018 at 3:52 pm

Thank you so much, Miriam. I am glad you enjoyed it. 🙂

4. 03/05/2018 at 5:38 pm

Wow such interesting things on this day! The skirt length is amusing! nice poem

5. 03/05/2018 at 6:49 pm

Good quote from Vanna Bonta.

6. 03/05/2018 at 9:43 pm

Gossip can destroy lives, it’s always best to avoid it. If you can’t say something nice, don’t sit near me!

7. 03/06/2018 at 7:42 am

So many good things in this post. And yes Gossiping certainly make me wince too 🙂 And I have seen how idle gossip can wound when the facts of a situation are not known. Great Poem Eugenia.
    1970 and Let it Be.. where has the time flown. 🙂

Have a great Tuesday Eugenia and an amazing week.. Snow here has gone, though not in all parts of the country. So Spring is Springing! 🙂
    Have a lovely day..
    Hugs Sue ❤

8. 03/06/2018 at 11:17 am

Eugenia,

Fabulous twist on your word prompt for the day, ‘gossipers’. I’d rather not be part of and when someone begins to tell tales then I do not offer my opinion and I do not tell others the truths, half-truths, or lies for nothing good ever comes from repeating what another says. It’s best to form your own opinion about the situation or person from one’s own experiences.

• 03/09/2018 at 12:08 pm

I agree with you and you’re right, nothing good comes from gossipers.

9. Davy D
    03/06/2018 at 11:19 am

Another excellent Tuesday in the cafe Eugenia and I think it is human nature to enjoy a good bit of gossip 🙂 Nice to see the police were being gainfully employed in 1921.

• 03/09/2018 at 12:29 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed my post, Davy. Haven’t things changed since 1921?

• Davy D
        03/11/2018 at 12:02 pm

They have indeed Eugenia 🙂

10. 03/06/2018 at 9:50 pm

Like your thoughts on gossip but what or who is a quidnuc?

• 03/06/2018 at 10:47 pm

Well, if I had spelled it correctly, it may make more sense. A quidnunc is an inquisitive and gossipy person. I corrected it and so glad you questioned it.

Anxiety Calls

Dreamer. Writer. Worrier.

thoughts, musings, and stuff

poetry, mental health, and ideas on life

PT Master Guide

Useful and Advance Guide for aspiring physiotherapist

Levi Kemari

HAPPINESS is the highest level of success

MY LIFE IN WORDS

My sexuality is not an inferior trait that needs to be chaperoned by emotionalism or morality.

roxy743

Learning Experience

The Chicago Files

A CANADIAN EXPAT'S EXPERIENCES AND OBSERVATIONS LIVING IN THE WINDY CITY!

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

Jo Hawk

The Writer

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

Zoolon Hub

The Home of ‘All Things’ Zoolon

Destination Wedding Store

Bespoke Planning, For Those Seeking a Five Star Wedding

daneelyunus

This site is about the knowledge of different categories such as education, , health, mobiles, and tourism

The Learning Prophet

Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Nature, Spirtuality

The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom

A place to write all I need to write.

& lingering thoughts

dose of Cristianism, & other absurdities.

IMwithJay

Internet Marketing for the Rest of Us

Family Travel Host USA

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Thony Space