The Way I See It

Perhaps, one in pain

Methinks another’s gain

Empathy or disruption?

Reena’s Exploration Challenge 27

I’d be delighted to have you visit the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part of this elite group.

And please pay a visit to my other blog, ThusNSuch, dedicated to poems and quotes.

14 comments for “The Way I See It

1. 03/09/2018 at 5:18 pm

• 03/09/2018 at 5:29 pm

• 03/10/2018 at 12:29 pm

Lynn, this morning I tried to access your site and was blocked because of a security error. I am using Google and have not seen this before. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. 03/09/2018 at 8:57 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

3. 03/09/2018 at 9:04 pm

In my view, and correct me if I am wrong, disruption occurs with imagination running amok – both in positive and negative ways. Empathy is aligned imagination. So, they do connect at some point. At another level, does pain give us a high? Like the people who cut themselves and feel in control of the flow of blood.

• 03/10/2018 at 12:26 pm

I agree that disruption and empathy connect at some point. Also, I think pain does give us a high for a few reasons. For example, gaining attention from others and also giving us a reason to tend to ourselves.

Yes, I read about those that suffer from self-inflicted violence, which IMO is a cry out for help.

Thanks for the discussion.

4. 03/12/2018 at 9:24 am

A clever piece of poetry Eugenia and one that asks many questions beyond the ones in the poem. I am thinking of the experience of mental pain where although there is limited physical experience, as say with chronic pain, there is still a level of processing to be done. Is this where many artists operate?

• 03/12/2018 at 12:54 pm

Good point, Davy. Mental pain is not always visible to others and often swept under the rug. An artist’s creativity can be enriched by pain. which is sometimes obvious in what is written, painted, or played using a musical instrument. Looking back on the lives of artists that have left us too soon often reveals their pain and the impact on their work.

• 03/12/2018 at 1:25 pm

This is so true Eugenia and it can sometimes be the cusp sitting between brilliance and insanity.

5. 03/12/2018 at 11:47 pm

Empathy stops where authoritativeness intervenes.

• 03/13/2018 at 12:32 pm

Yes! I agree with you. Well said.