Tuesday Chatter Weekly

buttercup-2

Thank you for visiting the Tuesday Chatter Café and welcome! Have a seat and enjoy the buzz. You’ll find the café a friendly place to meet for coffee and a weekly chat. Be kind to one another because what happens here doesn’t stay here. By the way, beware of the scandalmongers!

Nothing so completely baffles one who is full of trick and duplicity himself, than straightforward and simple integrity in another. – Charles Caleb Cotton

Word of the weekduplicity-(noun)-deceitfulness, double-dealing

Synonyms-deceit, deception, underhandedness, dishonesty, fraud, trickery, skulduggery, subterfuge, treachery, chicanery

The audacity of duplicity

A game of show and tell with its gimmickry

Sheeple question the tricky task of its stupidity

Schemes and chicanery behind closed doors

There ain’t no sunshine in a bureau drawer

If one had one’s druthers of living with dignity

They would validate the infinity of serendipity

The aha moment of acting wickedly is ho-hum

It’s like walking the walk to a different drum

You know, like trying to walk and chew gum

Sometimes nowhere to hide, nowhere to run

Best enjoy those buttercups in the sun

If we were having coffee on Tuesday, March 13th of the year in-

2012-The Encyclopaedia Britannica announced it will end published versions.

2004-Luciano Pavarotti performed his last opera at the New York Metropolitan Opera’s “Tosca”.

1993-the blizzard of 1993 hit the northeast, USA.

1986-Microsoft had its public offering.

1968-The Beatles released Lady Madonna in the UK.

1965-The Beatles, Eight Days a Week, single, hit #1 and stayed #1 for 2 weeks.

1935-driving tests introduced in Great Britain.

Tuesdays are Meet and Greet at the café

Ink Soaked Soul

A drop of ink may make a million think.

Piyali’s blogs

The ‘write’ stuff

Poet’s Corner

Poems, poets, poetry, writing, poetry challenges

Ckonfab

Confab is a dialogue between you and me

Stop in and say hello to your fellow bloggers!

Visit us each Tuesday at the cafe, and share your creative side! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let us know what woke up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave your new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

Take a few moments to visit the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part of this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y

Come in and browse through ThusNSuch, my other blog, dedicated to poetry and quotes.

34141-Color-Smoke4

beBee is a free global social network for maximizing your visibility and audience. It lets you connect with people that share your interests. beBee Registration.

1.- Your content is delivered to all of your network. 2.- Your content is automatically top ranked on Google Search Engine. 3.- Your quality content reaches your target affinity groups (we call them Hives on beBee). 4.- Your content can be distributed through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.

14 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 03/12/2018 at 12:57 pm

We caught some of that blizzard in ’93, too, remember? I came in from out of town the night before and it was misty and raining. By morning, it was snow, and lots of it. And remember how we were getting thunder, anyway? That was weird.

• 03/12/2018 at 2:43 pm

Wow, thunder during a snowstorm – pretty scary.

2. 03/13/2018 at 9:04 am

Eugenia,

We got hit with 22″ of snow with the Blizzard of 1993. That was an interesting and weird experience right out of the blue. Totally blew us away! I will never forget it as long as I live.

These two lines from your poem speak to me the most…

It’s like walking the walk to a different drum
    You know, like trying to walk and chew gum

That about sums up my life. 🙂 Have a colorific week!

• 03/13/2018 at 12:46 pm

Thank you, Cathy. I’m glad you understand my whacky sense of humor.

I lived in FL in 1993, however, I moved to NJ in 1996 and was faced with the Blizzard of 1996. I believe I was one of the few that thought it was fun. lol

3. 03/13/2018 at 1:09 pm

It is so true about social media and blogs .. whatever happens here does not stay here.

4. 03/13/2018 at 1:36 pm

That quote is so wonderful!!!! Love your poem xx

5. 03/13/2018 at 2:12 pm

Thank you for the Tuesday cheer Eugenia. Another excellent visit to the cafe.

6. 03/14/2018 at 6:20 am

Hmm. Interesting quote. I guess someone full of trickery expects everyone else to be like him, thus find people with integrity rather baffling. Your witty poems always make me smile and I always find a little wise lesson tucked away in there.

7. 03/14/2018 at 8:46 pm

I am going on a limb here, and remembering times when Mother Nature was duplicitous: 60, and shirtsleeves, one afternoon, and a foot of snow, the next day. I followed snow, all the way from our home on the Navajo Nation, to the outskirts of Tucson. Yes, that included all of Phoenix. (1984).

• 03/14/2018 at 10:35 pm

Mom nature is having her way of being unpredictable. Wow, snow in Phoenix! The forecasts in our area are so far off, we don’t know what to expect. I learned to dress in layers years ago.

w

bluebird of bitterness

The opinions expressed are those of the author. You go get your own opinions.

a inspiraars

Paintbrush Says.... a story of who you are!

moviewarden.wordpress.com/

Motion-picture Reviews

Rich Briere & Oakley's Ghost

Sonic Laden Tales of the Swamp Dwellers

The Hunt And Peck Blog

Take a deep breath

Revolutionary Musings

My everyday thoughts as they come to me

Ushma Patel

When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.

Marnie Writes

Books, Writing, and Food

The Flawddess

That Old School and Hopeless Romantic Girl Who Still Believes In Fairytales..!!💟

The Mad Puppeteer

Warden of Words // Shaper of Stories

Comedy FESTIVAL

Film and Writing Festival for Comedy. Showcasing best of comedy short films at the FEEDBACK Film Festival. Plus, showcasing best of comedy novels, short stories, poems, screenplays (TV, short, feature) at the festival performed by professional actors.

From Private to Public

Give a teacher a pencil, and they'll write a masterpiece...or at least tell you they did.

Darswords

Musings about Havenverse

The Musing Quill

A Blog on Writing, Poetry, Short Stories and Books.

Gerald Pilcher Blog

For Webpreneurs

Fmme writes poems

This is a space for me to write, share my words and play with poetry. You are very welcome here.