Say What?

pexels-photo-677814

Have you heard perchance

Life’s stance is a game of chance

Perhaps happenstance

This week’s event is to write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word happenstance. Held weekly at Patricia’s Place

In Other Words

And please pay a visit to my other blog, ThusNSuch

Thus1Eugenia

Photo by FOX from Pexels

19 comments for “Say What?

1. 03/28/2018 at 10:15 pm

Very well done, Dear E!!! FYI – nit picky me, chess has no chance involved. It is strictly a game of skill. Please forgive me.
    xoxo

• 03/29/2018 at 9:55 am

Yes, I know. 🙂 You know anything I write doesn’t make sense nor is it suppose to. xoxo

• 03/30/2018 at 6:20 pm

Ha! Well, no, I didn’t but I do now and think it’s wonderful and will bear that in mind in the future!! LOL! Great post!
        xoxo

2. 03/28/2018 at 10:21 pm

Very well done, Dear!! FYI – nit picky me, chess has no chance involved. It is strictly a game of skill. Please forgive me.
    xoxo

3. 03/29/2018 at 6:04 am

Thought provoking poetry Eugenia. I agree life can be a game of chance. There is a part of me that thinks it is all planned out in advance. Interesting thoughts to dwell on today. Thank you for this excellent piece of poetry.

• 03/29/2018 at 9:59 am

It’s rather concerning to think life is planned out in advance, especially what we can’t control. I agree with you and I’m glad you enjoyed the poem.

4. 03/29/2018 at 6:28 am

Eugenia,

Nicely done. I like the second line that reads…

“Life’s stance is a game of chance”

What a fun rhythmic use of words!

5. 03/29/2018 at 6:53 am

A challenge accepted and executed beautifully. It is not easy to use the word happenstance.

• 03/29/2018 at 10:01 am

Thank you so much, Bernadette. It’s an interesting word.

6. 03/29/2018 at 1:26 pm

ooh I like what you did here!! I also had a go at this challenge:

Like cherry blossoms;

buds bloomed, in lovers first spring;

fated happenstance.

7. 03/30/2018 at 7:37 pm

Sometimes it does seem life is a game; not sure if it is one of chance, though.
    Maybe I just prefer to think there is more reason than chance to it. Whatever! Your poem is wonderful. Sorry, I forgot to set up Mr. Linky.

• 03/30/2018 at 8:59 pm

Thank you, Patricia, and I’m hoping there’s more reason than chance.

8. 03/31/2018 at 11:22 am

Nice one Franci

9. 04/09/2018 at 10:55 pm

Very true. Serendipity abounds.

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan