Say What?

pexels-photo-677814

Have you heard perchance

Life’s stance is a game of chance

Perhaps happenstance

This week’s event is to write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word happenstance. Held weekly at Patricia’s Place

In Other Words

And please pay a visit to my other blog, ThusNSuch

Photo by FOX from Pexels

19 comments for “Say What?

1. 03/28/2018 at 10:15 pm

Very well done, Dear E!!! FYI – nit picky me, chess has no chance involved. It is strictly a game of skill. Please forgive me.
    xoxo

• 03/29/2018 at 9:55 am

Yes, I know. 🙂 You know anything I write doesn’t make sense nor is it suppose to. xoxo

• 03/30/2018 at 6:20 pm

Ha! Well, no, I didn’t but I do now and think it’s wonderful and will bear that in mind in the future!! LOL! Great post!
        xoxo

2. 03/28/2018 at 10:21 pm

Very well done, Dear!! FYI – nit picky me, chess has no chance involved. It is strictly a game of skill. Please forgive me.
    xoxo

3. Davy D
    03/29/2018 at 6:04 am

Thought provoking poetry Eugenia. I agree life can be a game of chance. There is a part of me that thinks it is all planned out in advance. Interesting thoughts to dwell on today. Thank you for this excellent piece of poetry.

• 03/29/2018 at 9:59 am

It’s rather concerning to think life is planned out in advance, especially what we can’t control. I agree with you and I’m glad you enjoyed the poem.

4. 03/29/2018 at 6:28 am

Eugenia,

Nicely done. I like the second line that reads…

“Life’s stance is a game of chance”

What a fun rhythmic use of words!

5. 03/29/2018 at 6:53 am

A challenge accepted and executed beautifully. It is not easy to use the word happenstance.

• 03/29/2018 at 10:01 am

Thank you so much, Bernadette. It’s an interesting word.

6. 03/29/2018 at 1:26 pm

ooh I like what you did here!! I also had a go at this challenge:

Like cherry blossoms;

buds bloomed, in lovers first spring;

fated happenstance.

7. 03/30/2018 at 7:37 pm

Sometimes it does seem life is a game; not sure if it is one of chance, though.
    Maybe I just prefer to think there is more reason than chance to it. Whatever! Your poem is wonderful. Sorry, I forgot to set up Mr. Linky.

• 03/30/2018 at 8:59 pm

Thank you, Patricia, and I’m hoping there’s more reason than chance.

8. 03/31/2018 at 11:22 am

Nice one Franci

9. 04/09/2018 at 10:55 pm

Very true. Serendipity abounds.

Let's have coffee and chat! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )