Tuesday Chatter Weekly

99581-Map-Wall-Hanging

Greetings everyone!  I’m so glad you stopped by the Tuesday Chatter Café! Take some time to relax and enjoy the buzz. You’ll find the café a friendly place to meet for coffee and chatting. Be kind to one another because what happens here doesn’t stay here. By the way, beware of the flibbertigibbets!

“Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt.”-Cassandra Clare

Word of the weekasperitynoun-harshness, sharpness, abrasiveness, severity, tartness, sarcasm

Ain’t no sunshine behind a wall of asperity

Don’t like the popularity of vulgarity

Nor, the paper doll effect of insincerity

Flimsy stenciled characters with no personality

Let’s question their value of ambidexterity

Surely, selfies will reflect any disparity

Hence, the importance of purposeful celerity

The world’s adrift seeking prosperity

But to much dismay finding only hilarity

And on this day, Tuesday, April 17th-

1985-US Government announces and begins a campaign to bring awareness to organ donation.

1970-Paul McCartney’s first solo album “McCartney” released

1964-The Ford Mustang is unveiled at the NY World’s Fair

1964-The NY Mets played their first game at Shea Stadium in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, Queens, NY. Shea Stadium was home to the Major League Baseball team, NY Mets from 1964 to 2008. Also, the stadium was the home for the NFL football team, NY Jets from 1964 to 1983.

1964-New Fenway Park, a baseball park, opens in Boston, MA. The park has been the home of the Boston Redsox since 1912. It’s the oldest ballpark in Major League Baseball.

1951-NY Yankee baseball legend Mickey Mantle’s first game

1937-The debut of cartoon characters-Daffy Duck, Elmer J. Fudd, and Petunia Pig

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Café

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Chris The Story Reading Ape’s Blog

Indie Authors, Resources, Services, Promos, Plus More

Cactus Catz

Tucson with Pinkie & Midnight Food, art, travel, and of course, my cats

Your Success Inspirer

Success Inspirer’s World

Stop in the café every Tuesday, and showcase your work! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

Take a few moments to visit the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part of this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y1

Come in and browse through ThusNSuch, my other blog!

ThusNSuch1a

beBee is a free global social network for maximizing your visibility and audience. It lets you connect with people that share your interests. beBee Registration.

logo

-Eugenia

24 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 04/16/2018 at 1:15 pm

Very fun and clever post, your poem carries serious truths as well as fun with words.
    I do love the quote. ” “Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt.”-Cassandra Clare

Well said by Cassandra.

• 04/16/2018 at 7:07 pm

Thank you so much for reading. I loved the quote by Cassandra – so true, IMO.

2. Kim
    04/16/2018 at 2:47 pm

1937! Did not realise that Daffy Duck was so (not old) mature. 😉

3. 04/16/2018 at 3:26 pm

I had “McCartney” on vinyl and now as MP3’s. There was an interview with him that was included with the record where he said he was through recording with The Beatles. That’s when I found out they had broken up. It’s a good album: he plays all the instruments, Linda sings with him on a couple, and he does a couple of instrumentals.

Chipper Jones loved hitting at Shea Stadium so much he named one of his sons Shea.

• 04/17/2018 at 12:03 pm

Wow, you are just a wealth of information. I saw McCartney and Linda at a concert in Miami, eons ago. That’s when he had his group Paul McCartney and Wings also known as Wings.

Cool stuff about Chipper that I didn’t know.

4. 04/16/2018 at 5:50 pm

Good one! Signs of the times…sharing. xo

5. 04/17/2018 at 6:06 am

Eugenia,

Your poetry skills continue to marvel my brain. Man, oh, man do I wish I could spin lines like you!! WOW, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd are a year older than my daddy. Petunia Pig I didn’t remember until I checked with Google. She was created two years after Porky Pig. Have a great day and when time permits you’re invited to check out my daily A2Z iPad Art Sketch of a big-eyed owl. 😉

• 04/17/2018 at 11:55 am

Aww, thank you. Cathy. I’m on my way to your site. 😉

6. 04/17/2018 at 9:59 am

So many really interesting and big things happened on this day! I love the new word and your poem. You always make things catchy and meaningful which is a great way to get a message across!

7. 04/17/2018 at 9:28 pm

Dear Eugenia, Thanks for sharing and again showcasing the Senior Salon. You’re absolutely amazing and I thank you from the depth of my heart.

• 04/18/2018 at 8:51 am

You’re most welcome. It seems many enjoy the Senior Salon, including myself, and I want to see it succeed. I see some new faces and that’s a good sign.

• 04/18/2018 at 9:44 am

Yes Eugenia, The Senior Salon is doing well as it’s still in it’s infant shoes here on my blog. Just received 2 shout outs this morning, and this is fantastic. Hope this will alert more Silver members to come and join and meet new bloggers.
        If we can get one shout out as this per week it will be fantastic.

8. 04/17/2018 at 11:17 pm

Very entertaining poem with truth to every line.

9. 04/19/2018 at 7:08 am

Interesting poem! What a fun read. 😀

Little Mari

Everything fashion, film, food, and travel

peekaboothisisjeru

From a dark home, To an empty soul, A hurt heart, Makes a writer gold.

My Online Empire

One = All = One

Brownite

A blog about news and current affairs.

The Sunshine Artist

Dream - Believe - Create

River of Word Flow

Rhymes and Reasons

Let's Picture ohio

Pictures taken on the Ohio Backroads..by Connetta jean

Post Scriptum Poets

Haikus Senryus and Tankas about anything and everything

Intel Analytics Academy

Here to help data enthusiasts

BAREFEET BARISTAS ARE PEERK'D!

lopsided humor, standup comedy and more...

The Mind Connectory

Breaking Down Mental Health Stigma

Andrew McDowell

An Author of Many Parts

Diabulus in Words

Horror, paranormal, gore, news, and fiction.

Wildly and Dangerously Free

Thoughts and Photographs from the West Coast

Blueberry Creative Designs

Blogging Tips | Tutorials | Printables & More!

Lit & heels

Poetics of fashion / beauty of writing / art of the world

Tips from Sharvi

Tips to make your daily life easier!

The WordPress.com Blog

The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.

Mirror Gate

The gate to the life of poetry