Oneself

what you think I am

Questions arise as to

why my existence

and do I dare settle

for I am what I think

you think I am

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy – The concept that our behavior is heavily influenced by our perception of the way others view us. The concept is summarized by the following statement: I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am, but I am what I think you think I am.-Model-Netics®

Socrates believed self-knowledge was essential. Today, we wonder if there’s even a self to know-Reena Saxena

week-33

Reena’s Exploration Challenge – Week 33

Please pay a visit to, ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry.

ThusNSuch1a

-Eugenia

15 comments for “Oneself

1. 04/20/2018 at 9:30 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

2. 04/20/2018 at 9:32 pm

It has immense depth in the simplicity of words chosen. You have veered away from your usual, lyrical style to capture the theme.

Thank you so much, Eugenia!

• 04/20/2018 at 10:06 pm

Thank you so much, Reena. I want to branch out into other forms of poetry and your weekly challenge presents the opportunity for me to sharpen my analyzing skills and test my creativity.

My excerpt from Model-Netics came from a guide that I’ve kept for 16-17 years. The Model-Netics course was a requirement by my employer at that time and the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy model was one that I enjoyed and it has stuck with me.

3. 04/20/2018 at 11:31 pm

That’s a great response Eugenia, you are right so much of our behaviour is influenced by what we think others think of us.

4. 04/21/2018 at 12:05 am

Very well penned down 👏

5. 04/21/2018 at 5:46 am

More and more of ‘us’ are reflecting in ‘Oneself’ And now more than ever is the time to go within to seek out the answers to those long hidden Questions that often get skirted over.
    May we continue the journey of self discovery Eugenia. as we transcend as we lift and shift our awareness..
    A wonderfully scripted poem..
    LOVE and HUGS my friend xx

6. 04/21/2018 at 8:22 am

Do you know, Eugenia, you have made me stop and have a good look at myself there… and you’re right! Time to change things, methinks! Great post.

7. 04/25/2018 at 8:06 am

Food for thought….Expressing I think, thoughts most of us may have from time to time… ‘what/who do we think we are, and what/who do others think we are… and yet knowing we just need to be content and accept and ‘be’ who we ‘are’!!! Diane

• 04/25/2018 at 9:07 am

Thank you for your lovely comment, Diane. Accepting who we are is important and gives us more insight into accepting others as they are.

8. 04/25/2018 at 6:05 pm

Heheehhe…nice play of words 👌

Thinking Chitalia

As opposed to a “not thinking chitalia”

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...

The Knowledge Log

Life is a broadway musical and everyday is a song. These are mine manifested as poetry.

This N That With Me