Oneself

what you think I am

Questions arise as to

why my existence

and do I dare settle

for I am what I think

you think I am

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy – The concept that our behavior is heavily influenced by our perception of the way others view us. The concept is summarized by the following statement: I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am, but I am what I think you think I am.-Model-Netics®

Socrates believed self-knowledge was essential. Today, we wonder if there’s even a self to know-Reena Saxena

week-33

Reena’s Exploration Challenge – Week 33

Please pay a visit to, ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry.

ThusNSuch1a

-Eugenia

15 comments for “Oneself

1. 04/20/2018 at 9:30 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

2. 04/20/2018 at 9:32 pm

It has immense depth in the simplicity of words chosen. You have veered away from your usual, lyrical style to capture the theme.

Thank you so much, Eugenia!

• 04/20/2018 at 10:06 pm

Thank you so much, Reena. I want to branch out into other forms of poetry and your weekly challenge presents the opportunity for me to sharpen my analyzing skills and test my creativity.

My excerpt from Model-Netics came from a guide that I’ve kept for 16-17 years. The Model-Netics course was a requirement by my employer at that time and the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy model was one that I enjoyed and it has stuck with me.

3. 04/20/2018 at 11:31 pm

That’s a great response Eugenia, you are right so much of our behaviour is influenced by what we think others think of us.

4. 04/21/2018 at 12:05 am

Very well penned down 👏

5. 04/21/2018 at 5:46 am

More and more of ‘us’ are reflecting in ‘Oneself’ And now more than ever is the time to go within to seek out the answers to those long hidden Questions that often get skirted over.
    May we continue the journey of self discovery Eugenia. as we transcend as we lift and shift our awareness..
    A wonderfully scripted poem..
    LOVE and HUGS my friend xx

6. 04/21/2018 at 8:22 am

Do you know, Eugenia, you have made me stop and have a good look at myself there… and you’re right! Time to change things, methinks! Great post.

7. 04/25/2018 at 8:06 am

Food for thought….Expressing I think, thoughts most of us may have from time to time… ‘what/who do we think we are, and what/who do others think we are… and yet knowing we just need to be content and accept and ‘be’ who we ‘are’!!! Diane

• 04/25/2018 at 9:07 am

Thank you for your lovely comment, Diane. Accepting who we are is important and gives us more insight into accepting others as they are.

8. 04/25/2018 at 6:05 pm

Heheehhe…nice play of words 👌

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Kamus Istilah

Yang Pernah Mbuat Aku Bingung

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Bittermarshmellos

Reveal the bitterness

Art of Quotation

"The artist exists because the world is not perfect" - Andrei Tarkovsky

A Curious Narrative

Memories, Imaginings, Contemplation

Jess Reimer Blog

lifestyle & travel

Voices on a paper

I often eavesdrop to random voices roaming in the air. Some leave bruises on my eyelids due to the frequent wiping of tears. They have a saddening picture. Others stimulate endless smiles. Some would like to remain unidentified. All in all, I love to narrate stories of the sad, happy and mysterious voices.

Justmuddlingthrough

The ups and downs of a working mum

River Sandha Review

Exposing truly talented people to the world.