Oneself

what you think I am

Questions arise as to

why my existence

and do I dare settle

for I am what I think

you think I am

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy – The concept that our behavior is heavily influenced by our perception of the way others view us. The concept is summarized by the following statement: I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am, but I am what I think you think I am.-Model-Netics®

Socrates believed self-knowledge was essential. Today, we wonder if there’s even a self to know-Reena Saxena

week-33

Reena’s Exploration Challenge – Week 33

Please pay a visit to, ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry.

ThusNSuch1a

-Eugenia

15 comments for “Oneself

1. 04/20/2018 at 9:30 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

2. 04/20/2018 at 9:32 pm

It has immense depth in the simplicity of words chosen. You have veered away from your usual, lyrical style to capture the theme.

Thank you so much, Eugenia!

• 04/20/2018 at 10:06 pm

Thank you so much, Reena. I want to branch out into other forms of poetry and your weekly challenge presents the opportunity for me to sharpen my analyzing skills and test my creativity.

My excerpt from Model-Netics came from a guide that I’ve kept for 16-17 years. The Model-Netics course was a requirement by my employer at that time and the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy model was one that I enjoyed and it has stuck with me.

3. 04/20/2018 at 11:31 pm

That’s a great response Eugenia, you are right so much of our behaviour is influenced by what we think others think of us.

4. 04/21/2018 at 12:05 am

Very well penned down 👏

5. 04/21/2018 at 5:46 am

More and more of ‘us’ are reflecting in ‘Oneself’ And now more than ever is the time to go within to seek out the answers to those long hidden Questions that often get skirted over.
    May we continue the journey of self discovery Eugenia. as we transcend as we lift and shift our awareness..
    A wonderfully scripted poem..
    LOVE and HUGS my friend xx

6. 04/21/2018 at 8:22 am

Do you know, Eugenia, you have made me stop and have a good look at myself there… and you’re right! Time to change things, methinks! Great post.

7. 04/25/2018 at 8:06 am

Food for thought….Expressing I think, thoughts most of us may have from time to time… ‘what/who do we think we are, and what/who do others think we are… and yet knowing we just need to be content and accept and ‘be’ who we ‘are’!!! Diane

• 04/25/2018 at 9:07 am

Thank you for your lovely comment, Diane. Accepting who we are is important and gives us more insight into accepting others as they are.

8. 04/25/2018 at 6:05 pm

Heheehhe…nice play of words 👌

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

digital banega village

Starkite Poetry

Always Rising

eMAGINE

Blue Fences

The Daily Haley

Lover of life, constant dreamer, Pisces fish, believer, seeker, Beatlemaniac, bookworm, and a travel junkie

What if you knew your mind was about to be enslaved by psychopaths?

Would you take the ultimate gamble by crossing over to a parallel universe in search for a better life? If the answer is yes - read on.

The Bakwaas Blog

Just a bunch of nonsense, really