Socialite

152609-Butterfly

and my life emerges

one of the earth’s many gifts

and with magic in my wings

I journey above quilted clouds

above the sun-drenched land

I flit hither and thither

oozing charisma

my stage

set as

nature’s social butterfly

We are coming back to the use of metaphor to describe a concept or life, this week. Elton John’s “A Candle in the Wind” has been immortalized for posterity.

Have you ever been inspired to think of a life, while viewing a mountain, river, animal, bird, insect, plant or any other element of nature? Pen down your thoughts in whatever manner they occur to you. Let it all flow … there need not be a conclusion, as a flow depicts the spirit more than anything else.-Reena Saxena

Reena’s Exploration Challenge Week 34

williamblake_thefly_yale  An interesting poem by William Blake, where he philosophizes on life, on seeing a fly.

I’d be delighted to have you visit the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part of this elite group.

95U1U3BR0Y1

Please pay a visit to, ThusNSuch, dedicated to poetry and quotes.

ThusNSuch1a

-Eugenia

24 comments for “Socialite

1. 04/27/2018 at 6:25 pm

“Socialite” –superlative imagery, Eugenia! ❤ Sharing…

2. 04/27/2018 at 6:50 pm

A great response Eugenia, really liked the imagery and thought behind your words. I visited the goDogGoCafe, but I couldn’t see how you participate??
    Promote yourself Monday I might try come Monday.

• 04/27/2018 at 9:27 pm

In order to participate, you must be invited by the blogmasters of Go Dog Go Cafe, which they give you access to post on their site. Mondays are open to anyone that wishes to share their link. Every Thursday, the Baristas (I’m a Barista) share a link to a piece written by a fellow blogger.

I find them to be a great group to be involved with. Btw, they like regular contributors and those that enjoy being involved.

3. 04/27/2018 at 9:25 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

4. 04/27/2018 at 9:28 pm

The title gave it a new dimension. Or it was about pure joy. And ‘quilted clouds’ provide another background to the imagery.

I like the different layers of meaning in the metaphor. Thanks!

• 04/27/2018 at 9:59 pm

Thank you, Reena. I found myself going in too many directions and had to step back. I challenged myself with this piece because I knew how I wanted it to end but wasn’t sure how to get there.

Writing poetry can be tedious. Writing a poem with the intent to address a scenario, situation, or thought process from somone other than myself is even more tedious. It’s a good challenge and I enjoy it.

• 04/28/2018 at 12:10 am

The end result is good. At times, I just write random lines that come to mind, and then fill in the gaps to make it a logical whole. Not sure if others can read the gaps, but the difference between thoughts and fillers always strikes me on reading it again.

5. 04/27/2018 at 10:48 pm

Thanks for sharing this great post Eugenia. I would love a strong cuppa latte. Thanks. Wow! A barista. I love the way baristas know how to do foam art on my lattes.

6. 04/29/2018 at 10:03 pm

Beautifully written… I love watching butterflies . They are so delicate! Diane

• 04/30/2018 at 9:02 am

Oh, I love watching them, as well. I’ve not seen many in my area yet. However, we are seeing many beautiful birds.

7. 04/30/2018 at 10:47 pm

Eugenia, “Socialite” is an inspirational poem. It’s very upbeat with stunning images. I adore the following lines, “I journey above quilted clouds / above the sun-drenched land”. Beautiful flow, and a lovely connection: a butterfly as a socialite! Enjoy your evening. ~ Mia

8. 05/05/2018 at 2:06 pm

Such a lovely poem, Dear E! What a perfect visual and comparison for a Socialite! Flitting and fluttering from flower to flower for nectar and to spread pollen. Simply elegant!!!
    xoxo

9. 05/05/2018 at 9:22 pm

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet and commented:

Come and delight in Nature’s – SOCIALITE!

Being MJ Every Day

An honest and raw story of survival and recovery.

The Meeting Place Of The World

Where it All comes together...

Poems for Warriors

We are at war. Life is a battle. Every day we fight for joy, peace… love. This is correspondence from the frontlines.

The Chronicles of a Fantasy Writer

Newbie writer sharing her writing experience and thoughts on books, shows, movies, and everything in between.

blackwings666

Horror, Science Fiction, Comic Books and More

The 50 year old poet

Your never to old to start again

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan