Tuesday Chatter Weekly – April 30, 2018

329388-Bubble-Reflection

“Words rich in meaning can be cheap in sound effects.” – Dejan Stojanovic

Word of the weekparsimonious (adjective)-unwilling to spend money or use resources, stingy or frugal

synonyms-cheap, miserly, mean, close-fisted, penny-pinching, ungenerous, Scrooge-like

Parsimonious sheeple

in need of character surgery

still trying to connect the dots

neath their spilled ink

their life’s jukebox a broken record

from the fancy-schmancy

to a lack-luster existence

living in or out of a bubble

their rambling is cheap talk, but

words lavish in meaning a gift

and not even tied with a bow

To quote Rumi

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder

And on this day, Tuesday, May 1st-

2009-Carol Ann Duffy is appointed British Poet Laureate (first Scot and woman Laureate)

1997-Tony Blair becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

1976-Empress Lilly (replica of a paddle steamer) dedicated at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL

1967-Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Ann Beaulieu, his longtime girlfriend

1962-The first K-Mart store opens

1931-The Empire State Building officially opens in NYC

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Café

Pointed Home

We’ve Still Got Time

MyKalEYEdoscope

See what I see

Poetry from the Inkwell

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café every Tuesday, and showcase your work! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

ThusNSuch, my other blog!

Thus 5

sign off 23

Post navigation

22 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly – April 30, 2018

1. 04/30/2018 at 12:17 pm

Love this … ‘raise your words, not your voice’.

2. 04/30/2018 at 1:41 pm

That word is new to me! So many interesting events that happened on this day! Elvis,the first Kmart! Wow

• 04/30/2018 at 2:58 pm

I discovered the word in a British version crossword puzzle. I have fun with the events from yesteryear and try to select items most will be familiar with.

3. 05/01/2018 at 11:11 am

Hi Eugenia, “Tuesday Chatter” is a fun post! Wonderful poem, and the lines “from the fancy-schmancy / to a lack-luster existence” are terrific. I really like the part, “And on this day…” I didn’t know that K-Mart had been around that long. ~ Mia

• 05/01/2018 at 11:57 am

Thank you, Mia. I am delighted you like it. Tuesday Chatter Weekly gives me the opportunity to write my rant poetry. 🙂

4. 05/01/2018 at 11:14 am

Eugenia,

‘In need of character surgery’ makes me think of the general population. Folks are so rude today and it’s only going to get worse if the world is allowed to stand. These same rude people need to apply the golden rule to life but in order for them to do that, they first must have a change of heart. Thanks for visiting and for supporting me throughout the A2Z challenge last month. Gosh, is it May already? Where does the time go?! Have a good day, my friend!

~Curious as a Cathy
    Rock Country Roads #BoTB Showdown

• 05/01/2018 at 12:00 pm

Yes, I agree, Cathy, rudeness seems to be the new “look at me”. Have a great week!

5. 05/01/2018 at 11:18 am

Eugenia, you mentioned, “yesteryear” in one of your comments above. Here’s a link to a post inspired by Edie Sedgwick. Thank you for the opportunity to share! ~ Mia

6. 05/01/2018 at 8:56 pm

After setting up my bill pay for May I think I need to be more parsimonious.
    Feels good to be back at the Cafe!

• 05/02/2018 at 8:36 am

Good use of the word parsimonious. Congrats on finishing your A to Z challenge and welcome back.

7. 05/01/2018 at 9:39 pm

I will now enjoy my coffee and continue reading your blog and awesome posts and thanks for your continued support and sharing @ Senior Salon and always showcasing it in your posts as well. You’re a wonderful blogger and supporter

8. 05/03/2018 at 11:40 am

I really find your blog interesting. Your posts are unique. More specifically Tuesday chatter. Love it☺️

Let's have coffee and chat! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )