Tuesday Chatter Weekly

123495-Coffee-And-The-Cat

Hello there and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Café! Take your time to relax and enjoy the chatter. You’ll find the café a friendly place to meet for coffee and chitchat. Just a reminder, constructive criticism is not always constructive.

Word of the week-indulgence-noun-the action or fact of indulging

synonyms-satisfaction, gratification, fulfillment, satiation, appeasement, quenching

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi

The state of indulgence

makes us wary, our

lofty ideas redefined.

We anguish over

misshapen emotions

purpose noodles the mind.

Ah, goodwill toward men but

is the intent for you or for me

insincerity can blur the lines.

On this day, May 22nd-

1995-Laverne and Shirley 20th anniversary reunion televised

1992-Johnny Carson’s final appearance as host of the Tonight Show

1990-Microsoft releases Windows 3.0

1972-Ceylon changes its name to Sri Lanka

1965-Beatles “Ticket to Ride” hits #1

1956-Last “Bob Hope” show airs on NBC TV

1933-First sighting of the Loch Ness Monster

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Café

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café every Tuesday, and showcase your work! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

Please stop in at the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group

95U1U3BR0Y1

And you’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

34141-Color-Smoke4

Showcase your talent at the Senior Salon 2018

Featured Image -- 45354

-Eugenia

15 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 05/21/2018 at 11:16 am

I loved this post. You taught me something that I did not know of my own country. “1972-Ceylon changes its name to Sri Lanka” Thanks to you 🙂

• 05/21/2018 at 2:40 pm

Thank you, Penfila. I try to include trivia that relates to countries other than the US. I’m glad you enjoyed the post.

2. 05/21/2018 at 12:43 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

3. 05/21/2018 at 10:34 pm

I love the pictures you have at the top and in the middle. It is so warm and so much fun! Again very interesting facts from history. Some of those things seem like they were not that long ago!

4. 05/22/2018 at 11:15 am

Another great Tuesday post Eugenia. I love the picture of the cat and it fits well with the word and your poem. The quote from Gandhi still strikes hard today.

5. 05/22/2018 at 8:15 pm

Thank you, Davy. Your observations are most appreciated.

6. 05/22/2018 at 8:43 pm

I have a post scheduled that I will share here tomorrow…an indulgence of mine.

7. 05/23/2018 at 9:22 am

Eugenia,

I didn’t see the 20th reunion of Laverne & Shirley. Hmmm, I would’ve liked seeing that That was a fun show. They surely don’t make sitcoms like that anymore. Hollywood caters to a crude audience when it comes to comedy today. So very sad and disappointing.

I loved Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show! I didn’t watch it often but when I did, he really put forth an A-game in pure entertainment full of laughs.

The last line of your poem is true, insincerity blurs the line. Thanks for sharing!

• 05/23/2018 at 9:38 am

Yes, I agree with you about the comedy shows of today. If they don’t spiel out a bunch of cuss words or make some poor soul their scapegoat, then they’re not considered entertaining. It’s very unfortunate.

w

The Art of Trying

“We may struggle, but we don’t quit”

Addicted Fitness

Find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell

Cookies & Moo

The musings of a struggling blogger.

The Art of Blogging

For bloggers who aspire to inspire

Are You Thrilled

because the story must be told

Kristi Ann's Haven

Jesus ( Yeshua) Saves!!

SHIFT2Drive.blog

mobilité quotidienne, découvertes & convictions

Ladiesgamers.com

Portable gaming on 3DS, Switch, Vita or smartphone

Toby In Charge

3 Crazy Cats, 1 Goofy Dog, and their slightly off-the-beam human mother!

Cee's Photography

Learning and teaching the art of composition.

Dina Al-Mahdy

A Journey in My World

changeyourlife

Only you can change your life. Never underestimate your power to change yourself.

SimplymeSMC

A StoRy of LiFe and MOre

Life...Take 2

My Journey to Health and Wellness

AninditaBose(AninditaRoyBose)

A gateway to deep insights and small aphorisms

Frank J. Tassone

haikai poetry matters

BOJANA’S COFFEE & CONFESSIONS TO GO

LONG SOUL-SEARCHING CONVERSATIONS WITH MYSELF

Beckie's Mental Mess

Mental health awareness, negative to positive perspective. ~~ Creative Writing ~~

Merchant Writes Again

"My pen loves gossiping to paper about my imagination's secrets."

PATRICK STORIES

Make PEACE ✌ Show LOVE❤

What Next: Behind Roo's Ruse

Is it destiny, happenstance or stratagem?

A Thousand Shades of Awesomeness

Sing It. Say It. Write It.

My Insights