Tuesday Chatter Weekly

123495-Coffee-And-The-Cat

Hello there and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Café! Take your time to relax and enjoy the chatter. You’ll find the café a friendly place to meet for coffee and chitchat. Just a reminder, constructive criticism is not always constructive.

Word of the week-indulgence-noun-the action or fact of indulging

synonyms-satisfaction, gratification, fulfillment, satiation, appeasement, quenching

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi

The state of indulgence

makes us wary, our

lofty ideas redefined.

We anguish over

misshapen emotions

purpose noodles the mind.

Ah, goodwill toward men but

is the intent for you or for me

insincerity can blur the lines.

On this day, May 22nd-

1995-Laverne and Shirley 20th anniversary reunion televised

1992-Johnny Carson’s final appearance as host of the Tonight Show

1990-Microsoft releases Windows 3.0

1972-Ceylon changes its name to Sri Lanka

1965-Beatles “Ticket to Ride” hits #1

1956-Last “Bob Hope” show airs on NBC TV

1933-First sighting of the Loch Ness Monster

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Café

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café every Tuesday, and showcase your work! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

You’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1a

-Eugenia

Advertisements

15 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 05/21/2018 at 11:16 am

I loved this post. You taught me something that I did not know of my own country. “1972-Ceylon changes its name to Sri Lanka” Thanks to you 🙂

• 05/21/2018 at 2:40 pm

Thank you, Penfila. I try to include trivia that relates to countries other than the US. I’m glad you enjoyed the post.

2. 05/21/2018 at 12:43 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

3. 05/21/2018 at 10:34 pm

I love the pictures you have at the top and in the middle. It is so warm and so much fun! Again very interesting facts from history. Some of those things seem like they were not that long ago!

4. Davy D
    05/22/2018 at 11:15 am

Another great Tuesday post Eugenia. I love the picture of the cat and it fits well with the word and your poem. The quote from Gandhi still strikes hard today.

5. 05/22/2018 at 8:15 pm

Thank you, Davy. Your observations are most appreciated.

6. 05/22/2018 at 8:43 pm

I have a post scheduled that I will share here tomorrow…an indulgence of mine.

7. 05/23/2018 at 9:22 am

Eugenia,

I didn’t see the 20th reunion of Laverne & Shirley. Hmmm, I would’ve liked seeing that That was a fun show. They surely don’t make sitcoms like that anymore. Hollywood caters to a crude audience when it comes to comedy today. So very sad and disappointing.

I loved Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show! I didn’t watch it often but when I did, he really put forth an A-game in pure entertainment full of laughs.

The last line of your poem is true, insincerity blurs the line. Thanks for sharing!

• 05/23/2018 at 9:38 am

Yes, I agree with you about the comedy shows of today. If they don’t spiel out a bunch of cuss words or make some poor soul their scapegoat, then they’re not considered entertaining. It’s very unfortunate.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Steve`s Country

For a smile as wide as a country sunrise

words less spoken

Gen X’er chronicles the art form of living in the Angelino metropolitan environment through poetry, creative writing, art, photography, and culture.

tinytotspoetry

I AIM TO PLEASE THE YOUNG AND YOUNG AT HEART WITH POEMS DESIGNED FOR KIDS. READ ALONG WITH YOUR SMALL TOTS FOR FUN.. LET'S MAKE RHYMING FUN AND EXCITING!!!

Soccer Betting Tips Predictions

We provide free soccer predictions to grow your bankroll. Our purpose is to give you the best opportunity of profiting long term from soccer betting.

shakemyheadhollow

Conceptual spaces: politics, philosophy, art, literature, religion, cultural history

WINDOWSHOPPI

REFINE WHAT DEFINES YOU

The Poetry About Us

A Weekly Blog with Joey Blue

Meliorate

Growth itself contains the germ of happiness.

Another LQQK

shift focus, see further, gaze deeper

Abandoned Amenities

POETRY, ASSORTED QUOTATIONS, ETC...

michael's blog

love, grace, mercy and His goodness; the reason for our life and existence

ThusNSuch

poems, autumn and so it goes

Norm.ally

A unisex fashion blog majorly on knitted apparels and fabrics, trend alerts, wardrobe "must-haves",styling and much more

The Sound Sniffer

Sniffing out the best new music

eastelmhurst.a.go.go

I have a hyperactive imagination.Welcome to my world. You can get here by way of Astoria Blvd.,Sunrise Hwy or Wyoming Avenue~

The Ederren

The world where the arcane pervades all but rules few

sparksfromacombustiblemind

EMBERS FROM SOMEONE DOGGEDLY TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL...

Panache

Beyond the precincts of my imagination

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

19 poems

the poetry of mia wright