Tuesday Chatter Weekly

123495-Coffee-And-The-Cat

Hello there and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Café! Take your time to relax and enjoy the chatter. You’ll find the café a friendly place to meet for coffee and chitchat. Just a reminder, constructive criticism is not always constructive.

Word of the week-indulgence-noun-the action or fact of indulging

synonyms-satisfaction, gratification, fulfillment, satiation, appeasement, quenching

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi

The state of indulgence

makes us wary, our

lofty ideas redefined.

We anguish over

misshapen emotions

purpose noodles the mind.

Ah, goodwill toward men but

is the intent for you or for me

insincerity can blur the lines.

On this day, May 22nd-

1995-Laverne and Shirley 20th anniversary reunion televised

1992-Johnny Carson’s final appearance as host of the Tonight Show

1990-Microsoft releases Windows 3.0

1972-Ceylon changes its name to Sri Lanka

1965-Beatles “Ticket to Ride” hits #1

1956-Last “Bob Hope” show airs on NBC TV

1933-First sighting of the Loch Ness Monster

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Café

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café every Tuesday, and showcase your work! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

You’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1a

-Eugenia

15 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 05/21/2018 at 11:16 am

I loved this post. You taught me something that I did not know of my own country. “1972-Ceylon changes its name to Sri Lanka” Thanks to you 🙂

• 05/21/2018 at 2:40 pm

Thank you, Penfila. I try to include trivia that relates to countries other than the US. I’m glad you enjoyed the post.

2. 05/21/2018 at 12:43 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

3. 05/21/2018 at 10:34 pm

I love the pictures you have at the top and in the middle. It is so warm and so much fun! Again very interesting facts from history. Some of those things seem like they were not that long ago!

4. 05/22/2018 at 11:15 am

Another great Tuesday post Eugenia. I love the picture of the cat and it fits well with the word and your poem. The quote from Gandhi still strikes hard today.

5. 05/22/2018 at 8:15 pm

Thank you, Davy. Your observations are most appreciated.

6. 05/22/2018 at 8:43 pm

I have a post scheduled that I will share here tomorrow…an indulgence of mine.

7. 05/23/2018 at 9:22 am

Eugenia,

I didn’t see the 20th reunion of Laverne & Shirley. Hmmm, I would’ve liked seeing that That was a fun show. They surely don’t make sitcoms like that anymore. Hollywood caters to a crude audience when it comes to comedy today. So very sad and disappointing.

I loved Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show! I didn’t watch it often but when I did, he really put forth an A-game in pure entertainment full of laughs.

The last line of your poem is true, insincerity blurs the line. Thanks for sharing!

• 05/23/2018 at 9:38 am

Yes, I agree with you about the comedy shows of today. If they don’t spiel out a bunch of cuss words or make some poor soul their scapegoat, then they’re not considered entertaining. It’s very unfortunate.

Get Styled.

Keep it stylish.💕

Viața

O zi minunată!

*UNBREAKABLE QUEEN'S LIFE LESSONS DIARY*

Breaking Free From The Past, In Hope For A Bigger & Brighter Future

BOOKIVERSE

Exploring the Bookish Universe

THE DREAM MAKER

Poem and motivational stories

One Woman's Quest

Passion for writing ignites my soul's momentum

PopBopRocktilUDrop

From the Land of Band Box Records

History Present

History Understood In Its Present

knitting with heart

. . . luv 'n stitches for our tired old world

thirty n' wordy

30 something. Mother of two. Treading the waters between Motherhood and self discovery.

BY THE LEFT HAND...

Brett Kristian

🌹SecretGarden🌹

A Memoir Of A Lone Girl

O at the Edges

Musings on poetry, language, perception, numbers, food, and anything else that slips through the cracks.

Oscar Hokeah

Kiowa/Cherokee

Renata Shen

high school actor-journalist from New England who posts travel-lifestyle

Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom

Welcome to Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom. Where Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie shares her words of wisdom and passion for writing.

Ellenbest24

words and scribble.

The World Is a Tea Party Site

FREE to you! No PAY WALL! Well-researched, up-to-date info on tea and more!

Been there, done that...

my stories, opinions, and suggestions about becoming whole.