Tuesday Chatter Weekly

262061-Good-Morning-Red-White-And-Blue

It’s good to see you again and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Café! Take your time to relax and enjoy the chatter. You’ll find the café a friendly place to meet for coffee and chitchat. Just a reminder, constructive criticism is not always constructive.

Word of the week-obfuscate-verb-render obscure, unclear, unintelligible

synonyms-obscure, blur, confuse, perplex, baffle, befuddle, bemuse

“Jargon is a sure sign that intelligence has lost its way.”
― Marty Rubin

Jibber jabber that doesn’t matter

Infotainment or entertainment

Intended to flatter or merely to clatter

Liar, liar, pants on fire

Do dog-eared pages make us inquire

Do you chinwag to baffle or win the raffle

Or intend to obfuscate familiar words

and redefine what’s already stirred

Liar, liar, pants on fire

Do we form a huddle just to befuddle

Or take a stand against the blather

Think about which you would rather

On this day, May 29th-

2012– A problematic Facebook public listing could cost 115 million from technical glitches for those involved.

2005– France emphatically rejects the European Constitution.

1997– The Science for Prevention Academic Network (SPAN) announces new human species in a 780,000-year-old fossil.

1982– The first papal visit to Britain since 1531.

1978– US first class postage rises from 13 cents to 15 cents (the first increase in 3 years).

1942– Bing Crosby records White Christmas, the world’s top-selling record.

1849– Quote from Abe Lincoln- “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Café

Jen Dionne’a Website

Small Town Values, Big Town Ideas

Random Rants Ruminations Ramblings

different times, different thoughts

A Rear View

exploring the world

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café every Tuesday, and showcase your work! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

And you’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

34141-Color-Smoke4

beBee is a free global social network for maximizing your visibility and audience. It lets you connect with people that share your interests. beBee Registration.

bbl19

-Eugenia

image-http://www.lovethispic.com

16 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 05/28/2018 at 5:47 pm

Reblogged this on Martha L Shaw – Poet, Writer, Artist and commented:

MEET NEW FRIENDS!

2. 05/28/2018 at 5:49 pm

Rainy holiday here but delightful day to find your cafe and good coffee! Rain inspired this https://inlovewiththelord.wordpress.com/2018/05/28/dancing/

• 05/28/2018 at 8:52 pm

Rainy day here as well. We’re getting bands from tropical storm Alberto. I’m delighted you stopped by the cafe and have a great week ahead.

3. 05/29/2018 at 5:45 am

Eugenia,

I liked how you laced the popular “Liar, Liar pants on fire” chime from my days of youth. I couldn’t help but smile reading your poem every time I came across this line. 😀 I’m not sure that I recall that it was Ab Lincoln who said this quote but it’s definitely a memorable often used quote for all times. Postage has gone up a lot since 1978. I hate mailing anything anymore because it’s so pricey. Thanks for stopping by for a dance yesterday! Have a great week, dearie!

• 05/29/2018 at 9:37 am

Thanks for stopping in at the cafe, Cathy. Yes, times keep changing, don’t they? I’m glad you enjoyed the poem and I’ll see you soon at your blog land home.

4. 05/29/2018 at 9:59 am

I loved Marty Rubin’s quote Eugenia and I am sure, from your time in the business world, you will have heard numerous turns of phrase falling into this category. Another excellent Tuesday read. Thank you.

• 05/29/2018 at 10:49 am

Yes, I have and great observation, Davy. I’m glad you enjoyed my post.

5. 05/29/2018 at 12:07 pm

I love your poem!!

6. 05/31/2018 at 8:35 am

Wonderful use of words Eugenia, and I find myself often chin wagging in the comments.. Baffles me what I find to say, but seems these words just keep on obfuscating .. 🙂

Love your find for the year 1997, I wonder if we space travelled back then.. LOL.. 😉

Enjoyed my time visiting your witty pose my friend.. Love and Blessings Eugenia ❤

• 05/31/2018 at 11:27 am

Sue, your comments are always delightful and welcome. I am glad you enjoyed your visit while at the cafe.

Get Styled.

Keep it stylish.💕

Viața

O zi minunată!

*UNBREAKABLE QUEEN'S LIFE LESSONS DIARY*

Breaking Free From The Past, In Hope For A Bigger & Brighter Future

BOOKIVERSE

Exploring the Bookish Universe

THE DREAM MAKER

Poem and motivational stories

One Woman's Quest

Passion for writing ignites my soul's momentum

PopBopRocktilUDrop

From the Land of Band Box Records

History Present

History Understood In Its Present

knitting with heart

. . . luv 'n stitches for our tired old world

thirty n' wordy

30 something. Mother of two. Treading the waters between Motherhood and self discovery.

BY THE LEFT HAND...

Brett Kristian

🌹SecretGarden🌹

A Memoir Of A Lone Girl

O at the Edges

Musings on poetry, language, perception, numbers, food, and anything else that slips through the cracks.

Oscar Hokeah

Kiowa/Cherokee

Renata Shen

high school actor-journalist from New England who posts travel-lifestyle

Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom

Welcome to Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom. Where Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie shares her words of wisdom and passion for writing.

Ellenbest24

words and scribble.

The World Is a Tea Party Site

FREE to you! No PAY WALL! Well-researched, up-to-date info on tea and more!

Been there, done that...

my stories, opinions, and suggestions about becoming whole.