Tuesday Chatter Weekly

262513-Hello-June

Come in and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Café! You’ll find the café a great place for coffee and useful and useless blather. Best beware, what happens here doesn’t stay here.

Word of the weekverbosity-noun-the quality of using more words than needed; wordiness

synonyms-prolixity, redundancy, turgidity

“When a writer tries to explain too much, he’s out of time before he begins.”
― Isaac Bashevis Singer

There’s no simplicity with verbosity

and the gasp I can’t grasp

Yet a mind with great velocity

eases the struggles of a task

Wordiness perceived as baloney?

their true meanings misplaced

Speechless words often a novelty

especially when used to save face

Methinks it best to act responsibly

keep it short, crisp and concise

Let’s not forget the value of honesty

its benefits mingle with good advice

Costly moments taxed by grandiosity

measures of time are not ours to waste

Welcome to the month of June, the sixth month of the year

Wow, how time flies! I can’t believe we’re approaching the halfway mark for 2018. Here are some bits and pieces for the month of June.

June is the first month of the “summer” season and the second of the four months to have 30 days.

Historically, June is a popular month for weddings. However, October is becoming popular, as well. Fall is a lovely time of the year with cooler temperatures and gorgeous colors that will enhance the setting to a perfect outdoor wedding.

June in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to the month of December in the Southern Hemisphere.

The day with the most daylight hours occurs in June, typically on June 21st. This is the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere that marks the onset of summer.

Wimbledon the oldest and widely regarded as the most prestigious tennis tournament takes place in June. The tournament has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London since 1877.

June holidays-Flag Day, Fathers Day, Paul Bunyan Day, Adopt a Cat Month, National Rose Month, National Dairy Month, African-American Music Month, Gay and Lesbian Pride Month, Great Outdoors Month, National Iced Tea Month, National Candy Month.

Symbols of June-

Birthstones-moonstone, alexandrite, and pearl

Flower-rose and honeysuckle

Zodiac signs-Gemini (until June 20th) and Cancer (June 21st onward)

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Café

M.L.S. Weech

Author

Message in Stanza

Poetry and Musings

The Art of Chewing Crayons

#FullSpectrumSelf

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café every Tuesday, and showcase your work! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

Please stop in at the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

GDGC

My other blog, ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1a

-Eugenia

Advertisements

24 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 06/04/2018 at 1:30 pm

Wow. Thank you, I learned a new word today. Very useful. 😊

2. 06/04/2018 at 4:03 pm

Words of wisdom! 🙂

3. 06/05/2018 at 12:15 am

Wow i sure enjoyed the poetry and all the June facts were cool!

4. 06/05/2018 at 4:56 am

Thanks for the heads up about June. Btw, beautiful poetry.🌹

5. 06/05/2018 at 8:02 am

Eugenia,

June is a busy month for us. Our 39th anniversary is on the 9th. It actually falls on the day we got married, too. That happens to be my sister’s bday, as well. Of course, there’s Father’s Day and then DD#1’s bday. I plan to us a nice dinner. With DH’s eye healing, he doesn’t feel quite up to going to a crowded restaurant with servers flitting around without regard to running over the top of you. Perhaps, I’ll share my dinner menu next week with y’all. 😉 We always try to watch some of Wimbledon at the end of June. I used to like playing tennis…well, I did more ball chasing than actually returning it. lol It was great fun nonetheless. Have a pAwesome week!

• 06/05/2018 at 10:08 am

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 39 years is commendable. My birthday is the 17th and I was born on Father’s Day. June is a busy month, indeed.

6. Davy D
    06/05/2018 at 8:44 am

Verbosity is a great word Eugenia and I enjoyed your poetic take on it. Another fun
    Tuesday in the cafe. Thank you.

• 06/05/2018 at 10:09 am

Thank you for visiting, Davy. It’s always a pleasure when you drop by.

7. 06/05/2018 at 11:34 am

Nice word and poem! So much cool stuff about June!

8. 06/05/2018 at 11:42 am

Thank you, Lynn. June is a busy month for me. My birthday is June 17th, which is also Fathers Day. So, while not counting the chronological years, I’m still celebrating.

9. 06/05/2018 at 7:36 pm

Hey Eugenia, Namaste 🙂

I rather enjoyed the poem, thank you, but will keep my comment short 😉

Hoping all is well: are you looking forward to your birthday? Best Wishes!

Namaste 🙂

DN

• 06/05/2018 at 8:01 pm

I love your comments no matter how short. Sorry, I’ve been falling behind on my comments and will spend some time on your blog soon. Cheers!

• 06/06/2018 at 1:25 am

I pop by when I can, but always have time for poetic fayre. and coffee. Thank you.

Take care. Namaste 🙂

DN

10. 06/07/2018 at 5:50 pm

Wow! Love the poem and really interesting facts there. Thanks for sharing

11. 08/14/2018 at 7:20 pm

Some very noteworthy highlights here. Yes, time does fly. (-:

12. 01/29/2019 at 10:20 am

Eugenia,

‘measured time is not ours to waste’ and yet I methinks I do a lot of that nearly every day. Great poem!

• 01/29/2019 at 11:06 am

Thank you, Cathy. I’m delighted you enjoyed my post! 🙂

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Steve`s Country

For a smile as wide as a country sunrise

words less spoken

Gen X’er chronicles the art form of living in the Angelino metropolitan environment through poetry, creative writing, art, photography, and culture.

tinytotspoetry

I AIM TO PLEASE THE YOUNG AND YOUNG AT HEART WITH POEMS DESIGNED FOR KIDS. READ ALONG WITH YOUR SMALL TOTS FOR FUN.. LET'S MAKE RHYMING FUN AND EXCITING!!!

Soccer Betting Tips Predictions

We provide free soccer predictions to grow your bankroll. Our purpose is to give you the best opportunity of profiting long term from soccer betting.

shakemyheadhollow

Conceptual spaces: politics, philosophy, art, literature, religion, cultural history

WINDOWSHOPPI

REFINE WHAT DEFINES YOU

The Poetry About Us

A Weekly Blog with Joey Blue

Meliorate

Growth itself contains the germ of happiness.

Another LQQK

shift focus, see further, gaze deeper

Abandoned Amenities

POETRY, ASSORTED QUOTATIONS, ETC...

michael's blog

love, grace, mercy and His goodness; the reason for our life and existence

ThusNSuch

poems, autumn and so it goes

Norm.ally

A unisex fashion blog majorly on knitted apparels and fabrics, trend alerts, wardrobe "must-haves",styling and much more

The Sound Sniffer

Sniffing out the best new music

eastelmhurst.a.go.go

I have a hyperactive imagination.Welcome to my world. You can get here by way of Astoria Blvd.,Sunrise Hwy or Wyoming Avenue~

The Ederren

The world where the arcane pervades all but rules few

sparksfromacombustiblemind

EMBERS FROM SOMEONE DOGGEDLY TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL...

Panache

Beyond the precincts of my imagination

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

19 poems

the poetry of mia wright