Tuesday Chatter Weekly

262513-Hello-June

Come in and welcome to the Tuesday Chatter Café! You’ll find the café a great place for coffee and useful and useless blather. Best beware, what happens here doesn’t stay here.

Word of the weekverbosity-noun-the quality of using more words than needed; wordiness

synonyms-prolixity, redundancy, turgidity

“When a writer tries to explain too much, he’s out of time before he begins.”
― Isaac Bashevis Singer

There’s no simplicity with verbosity

and the gasp I can’t grasp

Yet a mind with great velocity

eases the struggles of a task

Wordiness perceived as baloney?

their true meanings misplaced

Speechless words often a novelty

especially when used to save face

Methinks it best to act responsibly

keep it short, crisp and concise

Let’s not forget the value of honesty

its benefits mingle with good advice

Costly moments taxed by grandiosity

measures of time are not ours to waste

Welcome to the month of June, the sixth month of the year

Wow, how time flies! I can’t believe we’re approaching the halfway mark for 2018. Here are some bits and pieces for the month of June.

June is the first month of the “summer” season and the second of the four months to have 30 days.

Historically, June is a popular month for weddings. However, October is becoming popular, as well. Fall is a lovely time of the year with cooler temperatures and gorgeous colors that will enhance the setting to a perfect outdoor wedding.

June in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to the month of December in the Southern Hemisphere.

The day with the most daylight hours occurs in June, typically on June 21st. This is the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere that marks the onset of summer.

Wimbledon the oldest and widely regarded as the most prestigious tennis tournament takes place in June. The tournament has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London since 1877.

June holidays-Flag Day, Fathers Day, Paul Bunyan Day, Adopt a Cat Month, National Rose Month, National Dairy Month, African-American Music Month, Gay and Lesbian Pride Month, Great Outdoors Month, National Iced Tea Month, National Candy Month.

Symbols of June-

Birthstones-moonstone, alexandrite, and pearl

Flower-rose and honeysuckle

Zodiac signs-Gemini (until June 20th) and Cancer (June 21st onward)

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the Tuesday Chatter Café

M.L.S. Weech

Author

Message in Stanza

Poetry and Musings

The Art of Chewing Crayons

#FullSpectrumSelf

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café every Tuesday, and showcase your work! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link Tuesday Chatter. Or add a Tuesday Chatter tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

Please stop in at the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

GDGC

And you’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

34141-Color-Smoke4

Showcase your talent at Esme’s Senior Salon 2018

Senior Salon 2

beBee is a free global social network for maximizing your visibility and audience. It lets you connect with people that share your interests. beBee Registration.

bee4

-Eugenia

20 comments for “Tuesday Chatter Weekly

1. 06/04/2018 at 1:30 pm

Wow. Thank you, I learned a new word today. Very useful. 😊

2. 06/04/2018 at 4:03 pm

Words of wisdom! 🙂

3. 06/05/2018 at 12:15 am

Wow i sure enjoyed the poetry and all the June facts were cool!

4. 06/05/2018 at 4:56 am

Thanks for the heads up about June. Btw, beautiful poetry.🌹

5. 06/05/2018 at 8:02 am

Eugenia,

June is a busy month for us. Our 39th anniversary is on the 9th. It actually falls on the day we got married, too. That happens to be my sister’s bday, as well. Of course, there’s Father’s Day and then DD#1’s bday. I plan to us a nice dinner. With DH’s eye healing, he doesn’t feel quite up to going to a crowded restaurant with servers flitting around without regard to running over the top of you. Perhaps, I’ll share my dinner menu next week with y’all. 😉 We always try to watch some of Wimbledon at the end of June. I used to like playing tennis…well, I did more ball chasing than actually returning it. lol It was great fun nonetheless. Have a pAwesome week!

• 06/05/2018 at 10:08 am

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 39 years is commendable. My birthday is the 17th and I was born on Father’s Day. June is a busy month, indeed.

6. 06/05/2018 at 8:44 am

Verbosity is a great word Eugenia and I enjoyed your poetic take on it. Another fun
    Tuesday in the cafe. Thank you.

• 06/05/2018 at 10:09 am

Thank you for visiting, Davy. It’s always a pleasure when you drop by.

7. 06/05/2018 at 11:34 am

Nice word and poem! So much cool stuff about June!

8. 06/05/2018 at 11:42 am

Thank you, Lynn. June is a busy month for me. My birthday is June 17th, which is also Fathers Day. So, while not counting the chronological years, I’m still celebrating.

9. 06/05/2018 at 7:36 pm

Hey Eugenia, Namaste 🙂

I rather enjoyed the poem, thank you, but will keep my comment short 😉

Hoping all is well: are you looking forward to your birthday? Best Wishes!

Namaste 🙂

DN

• 06/05/2018 at 8:01 pm

I love your comments no matter how short. Sorry, I’ve been falling behind on my comments and will spend some time on your blog soon. Cheers!

• 06/06/2018 at 1:25 am

I pop by when I can, but always have time for poetic fayre. and coffee. Thank you.

Take care. Namaste 🙂

DN

10. 06/07/2018 at 5:50 pm

Wow! Love the poem and really interesting facts there. Thanks for sharing

w

The Art of Trying

“We may struggle, but we don’t quit”

Addicted Fitness

Find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell

Cookies & Moo

The musings of a struggling blogger.

The Art of Blogging

For bloggers who aspire to inspire

Are You Thrilled

because the story must be told

Kristi Ann's Haven

Jesus ( Yeshua) Saves!!

SHIFT2Drive.blog

mobilité quotidienne, découvertes & convictions

Ladiesgamers.com

Portable gaming on 3DS, Switch, Vita or smartphone

Toby In Charge

3 Crazy Cats, 1 Goofy Dog, and their slightly off-the-beam human mother!

Cee's Photography

Learning and teaching the art of composition.

Dina Al-Mahdy

A Journey in My World

changeyourlife

Only you can change your life. Never underestimate your power to change yourself.

SimplymeSMC

A StoRy of LiFe and MOre

Life...Take 2

My Journey to Health and Wellness

AninditaBose(AninditaRoyBose)

A gateway to deep insights and small aphorisms

Frank J. Tassone

haikai poetry matters

BOJANA’S COFFEE & CONFESSIONS TO GO

LONG SOUL-SEARCHING CONVERSATIONS WITH MYSELF

Beckie's Mental Mess

Mental health awareness, negative to positive perspective. ~~ Creative Writing ~~

Merchant Writes Again

"My pen loves gossiping to paper about my imagination's secrets."

PATRICK STORIES

Make PEACE ✌ Show LOVE❤

What Next: Behind Roo's Ruse

Is it destiny, happenstance or stratagem?

A Thousand Shades of Awesomeness

Sing It. Say It. Write It.

My Insights