BrewNSpew Cafe – June 11, 2018

65202-Moving-Clouds

Tuesday Chatter Café has changed its name to BrewNSpew Café.

BrewNSpew Café is open 24/7. Posts from BrewNSpew Café will be published on Monday.

“There is nothing permanent except change”- Heraclitus

Word of the weektransmogrify-verb (humorous)-transform, especially in a surprising or magical manner.

verb: transmogrify; 3rd person present: transmogrifies; past tense: transmogrified; past participle: transmogrified; gerund or present participle: transmogrifying

Let’s noodle the why’s and ways of the world

Seems value of life caught up in a twirl

Aha moments transmogrify into oh no’s

Ethics and morals strained by anything goes

Gaia is distressed about mother nature

Due to issues with her behavior

Seems her struggles caught in a whirl

As she wakes on the wrong side of the world

Still, mother nature continues to amaze

Though her persona obviously crazed

Will today be partly sunny or partly cloudy

Lovely and calm or boisterous and rowdy

Whatever the forecast it’s subject to change

You know, since I’ve selected change by way of alterations to my blog, June 12, offered many changes during some umpteen years. While I was researching trivia from yesteryear, I noticed a lot of interesting tidbits relating to music and wondered how some tunes and artists would fare today.

Some of you may be too young to remember this stuff but for those older folk, you may find this entertaining.

For example, and this one goes back to 1954. Bill Haley’s “Rock Around the Clock”, (this is the best known and most successful rendition of the song) was recorded for American Decca. The song is ranked #158 on the “Rolling Stone” magazine’s list of “The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time” Well, a lot has happened since then so let’s capture some memories from more recent years-

1965-Sonny and Cher make their first TV debut on American Bandstand

1966-The Dave Clark Five appear for the twelfth time on the Ed Sullivan Show

1970-Janis Joplin, a rocker and blues singer, debuts in KY

1982-Simon and Garfunkel perform in Rotterdam

1990– Mariah Carey debuts her album “Mariah Carey”

2008-Coldplay released their album ” Viva la Vida or Death”, winner of three Grammys

Yes, these are just tidbits and barely make a dent in the world of music but I feel an interesting array of sounds and artists.

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the BrewNSpew Café

Cafe7

Blogging with Bojana

Long Soul – Searching Conversations With Myself

A Thousand Shades of Awesomeness

Sing It. Say It. Write It.

DSM Publications

Indie Authors Unite

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café every Tuesday, and showcase your talents! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link BrewNSpew Cafe. Or add a BrewNSpew Cafe tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

And you’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

darkness9

-Eugenia

sign off 23

19 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – June 11, 2018

• 06/11/2018 at 3:03 pm

Thank you so much. I sincerely appreciate it. 🤩

1. 06/11/2018 at 5:21 pm

Great noodling, Eunice… Many thoughts to ponder! 🙂 xo

2. 06/11/2018 at 11:48 pm

‘waking up on the wrong side of the world’ struck a chord today. Don’t ask why 😦

3. 06/12/2018 at 7:34 am

Eugenia,

It’s definitely partly cloudy and it may be a boisterous and rowdy day with the threat of thunderstorms in our forecast. Great poem! 1954 was before my birth but the song is a classic for all generations. Excellent mewsic trivia. I know all of the groups that you mentioned. 🙂

4. Davy D
    06/12/2018 at 3:07 pm

Thank you for another interesting visit to the cafe Eugenia. I like your point about how some of the artists you mentioned would fare today. My daughter who is 19 loves most of the music I listened to in the 70s,80s and 90s. I introduced her to Simon and Garfunkel a short while ago (Bridge Over Troubled Water) and she said it was amazing. I think some artists are timeless.

• 06/13/2018 at 10:22 am

Thank you for your comment, Davy. I agree some artists are timeless, which IMHO, that’s what makes life more meaningful. We can relate to memories we enjoyed.

5. 06/13/2018 at 1:31 pm

Fun and nice new name!

6. 06/15/2018 at 2:48 pm

Dave Clark Five I had a small broach type book with their pictures inside.. And I was in love with Dave… LOL.. I was born in the year of Bill Haleys release 😀 and for me many of those Songs you mentioned brought memories.
    And yes Gaia is certainly waking a few more up around the world.. Here too yesterday Thursday we had unusual Gales..
    Take care my friend.. Oh and I loved your top visual moving graphic. 🙂 of clouds xx

• 06/15/2018 at 7:59 pm

Thank you, Sue, and I am you enjoyed the post.

We’re having summer weather with warm temperatures and afternoon and evening thunderstorms. Some of the storms are violent and destructive.

• 06/16/2018 at 7:27 am

Yes here in the UK London had a very bad lightning storm the other week, we however had nothing.. 🙂 Enjoy your warm Summer.. xx

7. 06/16/2018 at 1:44 pm

You had me at the photo of crows and verse. As I read I reminisced each song, note by note. Good talk, Eugenia!

Let's have coffee and chat! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )