Blue Spirit

170792-Spiritual

RC42

week-41

Reena’s Exploration Challenge – Week 41

Welcome to Week 41!

We are dabbling with Erasure Poetry this week – call it White Out or Black Out as you please.-Reena Saxena

Erasure is a form of found poetry or found object art created by erasing words from an existing text in prose or verse and framing the result on the page as a poem.[1] The results can be allowed to stand in situ or they can be arranged into lines and/or stanzas.

Source: Wikipedia

Piece 1

Last night I had the strangest dream. I was in a laboratory with Dr. Boas and he was talking to me and a group of other people about religion, insisting that life must have a meaning, that man couldn’t live without that. Then he made a mass of jelly-like stuff of the most beautiful blue I had ever seen — and he seemed to be asking us all what to do with it. I remember thinking it was very beautiful but wondering helplessly what it was for. People came and went making absurd suggestions. Somehow Dr. Boas tried to carry them out — but always the people went away angry, or disappointed — and finally, after we’d been up all night they had all disappeared and there were just the two of us. He looked at me and said, appealingly Touch it.” I took some of the astonishingly blue beauty in my hand and felt with a great thrill that it was living matter. I said “Why it’s life — and that’s enough” — and he looked so pleased that I had found the answer — and said yes “It’s life and that is wonderful enough.”

He often tries to re-create the moment when Chris’s spirit seeped out of the portals of his eyes and infused the room, a stunning concentration of his soul trapped in the indigo liquid in the beaker. He knows the simple form of the chemicals and the rules of their combination, but he can’t shake the force of the impression that Chris makes on him. He can’t limit the experience to the confines of ordinary matter. In the privacy of his room, he re-creates the experiment, waiting for thirty seconds before the sudden rush of color tears through the fluid. While the process enhances the vibrancy of his memory of that moment, the color never quite strikes the peak hue it reached the time Chris held the tube suspended near his eyes. Where is the spirit in human cells and chemicals and glass?

Please stop in at the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

GDGC

And you’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1a

bestday likes badge1

-Eugenia

13 comments for “Blue Spirit

1. 06/15/2018 at 9:15 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

2. 06/15/2018 at 9:18 pm

You have ended it so aptly with ‘where is the spirit?’ It is as if the dream and search flash a glimpse, but yield nothing.

Thanks for joining in!

• 06/15/2018 at 11:08 pm

This was a great challenge, Reena. Love it!

• 06/16/2018 at 3:27 am

Glad you enjoyed doing it! Thanks!

3. 06/15/2018 at 10:39 pm

Awesome concept! I’ve heard of black out poetry before and seen some great works.

4. 06/16/2018 at 2:26 am

Namaste Eugenia 🙂

Fascinating concept, great execution, much enjoyed as always. Thank you.

Whilst I sup my second coffee of the day I think I might give this a go myself.

Have a great weekend. Take care.

Namaste 🙂

DN

• 06/16/2018 at 11:05 am

It’s a fun challenge, Dewin. I hope you give it a go and let me know if you do. 🙂

• 06/16/2018 at 11:10 am

I will indeed find an occasion to indulge and report back on my experience, thank you for the idea Eugenia 🙂 I once tried to rearrange the words contained in one verse of a Christmas carol and came away with a very curious story indeed. Words are such fun.

Hoping all is well. Enjoy your weekend.

Namaste 🙂

DN

5. 15andmeowing
    06/16/2018 at 6:26 pm

That was excellent.

w

Eva Newermann

Art and Books

History of King Royal Panwars

History, Architecture , Ancient Fashion and Beautiful Royal Palaces In India

Blessed with a Star on the Forehead

As I navigate through this life ...

Bella's Southend Community Resources

Take what you need, . give what you can

ALMANDYNE

Author/Screenwriter

Submit your story logline and showcase it on this network. Or, submit to get your story made into a Video Pitch

Submit your logline pitch and we'll make sure it gets seen be 1000s. Over 1 million plus combined twitter and facebook followers

Shop and Fly

Il Blog di Donatella e Michele

Written In The Ink

"A drop of ink may make a million think ~ Lord Byron

Sunniva Skaug

Influencer and blogger from Norway

Elan Mudrow

Smidgens

Life in Portofino

Great poets live on the edge of sanity; mediocre ones reside in the suburbs.

The Lonely Author

Hoping to inspire the world one word at a time.

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

Kałuże i Róże.

Szukam sensu w Krakowie.

Violet's Vegan Comics

Vegan Children's Stories

whisp3rs

"For your born writer, nothing is so healing as the realization that he has come upon the right word.” —Catherine Drinker Bowen

Gerald Pilcher Blog

For Webpreneurs

A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip!

We Each Have A Story To Tell

Dead Poets Society

Founded in 2016

Maria Kastner

walk w/ me

Avial

A mix of thoughts

lifebeyondimagination16

Journey towards Inner peace, Spiritual, Life, Blissfulness

The Zinormous Canvas

Make a Choice Adventourous Stranger

Light Motifs II

creating order out of chaos, and vice versa