BrewNSpew Cafe

136996-Diamond-Art

Ah, can you smell the coffee!? Welcome to the BrewNSpew Café, open 24/7. You’ll find the café a great place to meet for coffee and useful and useless blather. And a note to all patrons, selfies are always permitted at the café.

“True class can never receive the highest grade..for its grade is endless”― Denise Newsome

Bowtie people acting cool and swanky

Their acre of the world posh and classy

Busybodies rubberneck at them blankly

Tilted personas considered bold and brassy

Perhaps a U-turn will make one a winner

Ousting moments of being overly flashy

Noodle the thought there’s no free dinner

Yet they walk the walk with a jaunty stride

Actions questioned as authentic or spurious

Their talk so smooth, we’re taken for a ride

Ah, to live the lifestyle of the swankylicious

Word of the weekswanky-(adjective)-expensive and fashionable, ostentatiously stylish; Synonyms-classy, posh, trendy, plushy, showy

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the BrewNSpew Café

Cafe7

Patrick Stories

Make Peace   Show Love

Athul Raj

My Insights

Cee’s Photography

Learning and teaching the art of composition

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café any day of the week, and showcase your talents! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link BrewNSpew Cafe. Or add a BrewNSpew Cafe tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

Please stop in at the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

GDGC

And you’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1a

Showcase your talent at Esme’s Senior Salon

Senior Salon 2

-Eugenia

23 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe

1. 06/18/2018 at 5:06 pm

Haha.. LOVED your poem.. and what a delicious word.. were it not so swanky.. LOL..
    Have a beautiful week Eugenia.. ❤

2. 15andmeowing
    06/18/2018 at 11:21 pm

Excellent poem. Swanky is something I am not 🙂

• 06/19/2018 at 8:19 am

😎 Me neither! I’m glad you enjoyed the poem.

3. 06/19/2018 at 5:55 am

Eugenia,

It seems like just last week, I used ‘swanky’ in a comment but for the life of me I can’t remember why on earth I did. scratch head Oh well…I wish I could pen a clever poem quickly for today’s word prompt but brain ain’t gonna have any of that this morning. 🙂

• 06/19/2018 at 8:21 am

I can relate. Sometimes my brain and I are not on the same page. Thanks for visiting the cafe. 🤔

4. 06/19/2018 at 11:52 am

Another great poem! Your word choices are superb and fit so nicely

5. 06/19/2018 at 12:39 pm

Loved your poem. 🙂

6. 06/19/2018 at 2:42 pm

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™ and commented:

Whom do I have to pay to get my photo into “Your Community” photo log?

• 06/19/2018 at 3:04 pm

Your photo is there now. I changed the setting to include only my followers and commenters, which eliminated the “likes”; therefore; your photo moved up where it is visible. It was there all along. 🙂 There are two setting for the “My Community” – a few and lots, which I have it set to “lots”. 🙂

7. 06/20/2018 at 1:07 am

Swankyliscious, this will be my word for the week Eugenia 🙂 Loved the poem. It does bring to mind how money can only buy material things, and a whole lot of pomposity to go with it.

• 06/20/2018 at 10:54 am

So glad you enjoyed the poem, Davy. Yes, I like the word swankylicious, as well. It fits a few people I know. lol

8. 07/12/2018 at 1:29 pm

This is such a creative blog! Really unique.

w

Eva Newermann

Art and Books

History of King Royal Panwars

History, Architecture , Ancient Fashion and Beautiful Royal Palaces In India

Blessed with a Star on the Forehead

As I navigate through this life ...

Bella's Southend Community Resources

Take what you need, . give what you can

ALMANDYNE

Author/Screenwriter

Submit your story logline and showcase it on this network. Or, submit to get your story made into a Video Pitch

Submit your logline pitch and we'll make sure it gets seen be 1000s. Over 1 million plus combined twitter and facebook followers

Shop and Fly

Il Blog di Donatella e Michele

Written In The Ink

"A drop of ink may make a million think ~ Lord Byron

Sunniva Skaug

Influencer and blogger from Norway

Elan Mudrow

Smidgens

Life in Portofino

Great poets live on the edge of sanity; mediocre ones reside in the suburbs.

The Lonely Author

Hoping to inspire the world one word at a time.

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

Kałuże i Róże.

Szukam sensu w Krakowie.

Violet's Vegan Comics

Vegan Children's Stories

whisp3rs

"For your born writer, nothing is so healing as the realization that he has come upon the right word.” —Catherine Drinker Bowen

Gerald Pilcher Blog

For Webpreneurs

A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip!

We Each Have A Story To Tell

Dead Poets Society

Founded in 2016

Maria Kastner

walk w/ me

Avial

A mix of thoughts

lifebeyondimagination16

Journey towards Inner peace, Spiritual, Life, Blissfulness

The Zinormous Canvas

Make a Choice Adventourous Stranger

Light Motifs II

creating order out of chaos, and vice versa