BrewNSpew Cafe

136996-Diamond-Art

Ah, can you smell the coffee!? Welcome to the BrewNSpew Café, open 24/7. You’ll find the café a great place to meet for coffee and useful and useless blather. And a note to all patrons, selfies are always permitted at the café.

“True class can never receive the highest grade..for its grade is endless”― Denise Newsome

Bowtie people acting cool and swanky

Their acre of the world posh and classy

Busybodies rubberneck at them blankly

Tilted personas considered bold and brassy

Perhaps a U-turn will make one a winner

Ousting moments of being overly flashy

Noodle the thought there’s no free dinner

Yet they walk the walk with a jaunty stride

Actions questioned as authentic or spurious

Their talk so smooth, we’re taken for a ride

Ah, to live the lifestyle of the swankylicious

Word of the weekswanky-(adjective)-expensive and fashionable, ostentatiously stylish; Synonyms-classy, posh, trendy, plushy, showy

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the BrewNSpew Café

Cafe7

Patrick Stories

Make Peace   Show Love

Athul Raj

My Insights

Cee’s Photography

Learning and teaching the art of composition

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café any day of the week, and showcase your talents! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link BrewNSpew Cafe. Or add a BrewNSpew Cafe tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

You’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1a

-Eugenia

23 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe

1. 06/18/2018 at 5:06 pm

Haha.. LOVED your poem.. and what a delicious word.. were it not so swanky.. LOL..
    Have a beautiful week Eugenia.. ❤

2. 15andmeowing
    06/18/2018 at 11:21 pm

Excellent poem. Swanky is something I am not 🙂

• 06/19/2018 at 8:19 am

😎 Me neither! I’m glad you enjoyed the poem.

3. 06/19/2018 at 5:55 am

Eugenia,

It seems like just last week, I used ‘swanky’ in a comment but for the life of me I can’t remember why on earth I did. scratch head Oh well…I wish I could pen a clever poem quickly for today’s word prompt but brain ain’t gonna have any of that this morning. 🙂

• 06/19/2018 at 8:21 am

I can relate. Sometimes my brain and I are not on the same page. Thanks for visiting the cafe. 🤔

4. 06/19/2018 at 11:52 am

Another great poem! Your word choices are superb and fit so nicely

5. 06/19/2018 at 12:39 pm

Loved your poem. 🙂

6. 06/19/2018 at 2:42 pm

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™ and commented:

Whom do I have to pay to get my photo into “Your Community” photo log?

• 06/19/2018 at 3:04 pm

Your photo is there now. I changed the setting to include only my followers and commenters, which eliminated the “likes”; therefore; your photo moved up where it is visible. It was there all along. 🙂 There are two setting for the “My Community” – a few and lots, which I have it set to “lots”. 🙂

7. 06/20/2018 at 1:07 am

Swankyliscious, this will be my word for the week Eugenia 🙂 Loved the poem. It does bring to mind how money can only buy material things, and a whole lot of pomposity to go with it.

• 06/20/2018 at 10:54 am

So glad you enjoyed the poem, Davy. Yes, I like the word swankylicious, as well. It fits a few people I know. lol

8. 07/12/2018 at 1:29 pm

This is such a creative blog! Really unique.

purehaiku

traditional haiku in the english language

Keep On Moving

Keep On Moving

Life is now!

Recommendations about the small things in life. They truly do make a difference. Follow me, a recent convert into believing that positivity is contagious!

Get Styled.

Keep it stylish.💕

Viața

O zi minunată!

*UNBREAKABLE QUEEN'S LIFE LESSONS DIARY*

Breaking Free From The Past, In Hope For A Bigger & Brighter Future

BOOKIVERSE

Exploring the Bookish Universe

THE DREAM MAKER

Poem and motivational stories

One Woman's Quest

Passion for writing ignites my soul's momentum

PopBopRocktilUDrop

From the Land of Band Box Records

History Present

History Understood In Its Present

knitting with heart

. . . luv 'n stitches for our tired old world

thirty n' wordy

30 something. Mother of two. Treading the waters between Motherhood and self discovery.

BY THE LEFT HAND...

Brett Kristian

🌹SecretGarden🌹

A Memoir Of A Lone Girl

O at the Edges

Musings on poetry, language, perception, numbers, food, and anything else that slips through the cracks.

Oscar Hokeah

Kiowa/Cherokee

Renata Shen

high school actor-journalist from New England who posts travel-lifestyle

Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom

Welcome to Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom. Where Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie shares her words of wisdom and passion for writing.

Ellenbest24