BrewNSpew Cafe

136996-Diamond-Art

Ah, can you smell the coffee!? Welcome to the BrewNSpew Café, open 24/7. You’ll find the café a great place to meet for coffee and useful and useless blather. And a note to all patrons, selfies are always permitted at the café.

“True class can never receive the highest grade..for its grade is endless”― Denise Newsome

Bowtie people acting cool and swanky

Their acre of the world posh and classy

Busybodies rubberneck at them blankly

Tilted personas considered bold and brassy

Perhaps a U-turn will make one a winner

Ousting moments of being overly flashy

Noodle the thought there’s no free dinner

Yet they walk the walk with a jaunty stride

Actions questioned as authentic or spurious

Their talk so smooth, we’re taken for a ride

Ah, to live the lifestyle of the swankylicious

Word of the weekswanky-(adjective)-expensive and fashionable, ostentatiously stylish; Synonyms-classy, posh, trendy, plushy, showy

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the BrewNSpew Café

Cafe7

Patrick Stories

Make Peace   Show Love

Athul Raj

My Insights

Cee’s Photography

Learning and teaching the art of composition

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers

Come on in and visit the café any day of the week, and showcase your talents! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link BrewNSpew Cafe. Or add a BrewNSpew Cafe tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

You’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1a

-Eugenia

23 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe

1. 06/18/2018 at 5:06 pm

Haha.. LOVED your poem.. and what a delicious word.. were it not so swanky.. LOL..
    Have a beautiful week Eugenia.. ❤

2. 15andmeowing
    06/18/2018 at 11:21 pm

Excellent poem. Swanky is something I am not 🙂

• 06/19/2018 at 8:19 am

😎 Me neither! I’m glad you enjoyed the poem.

3. 06/19/2018 at 5:55 am

Eugenia,

It seems like just last week, I used ‘swanky’ in a comment but for the life of me I can’t remember why on earth I did. scratch head Oh well…I wish I could pen a clever poem quickly for today’s word prompt but brain ain’t gonna have any of that this morning. 🙂

• 06/19/2018 at 8:21 am

I can relate. Sometimes my brain and I are not on the same page. Thanks for visiting the cafe. 🤔

4. 06/19/2018 at 11:52 am

Another great poem! Your word choices are superb and fit so nicely

5. 06/19/2018 at 12:39 pm

Loved your poem. 🙂

6. 06/19/2018 at 2:42 pm

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™ and commented:

Whom do I have to pay to get my photo into “Your Community” photo log?

• 06/19/2018 at 3:04 pm

Your photo is there now. I changed the setting to include only my followers and commenters, which eliminated the “likes”; therefore; your photo moved up where it is visible. It was there all along. 🙂 There are two setting for the “My Community” – a few and lots, which I have it set to “lots”. 🙂

7. Davy D
    06/20/2018 at 1:07 am

Swankyliscious, this will be my word for the week Eugenia 🙂 Loved the poem. It does bring to mind how money can only buy material things, and a whole lot of pomposity to go with it.

• 06/20/2018 at 10:54 am

So glad you enjoyed the poem, Davy. Yes, I like the word swankylicious, as well. It fits a few people I know. lol

8. 07/12/2018 at 1:29 pm

This is such a creative blog! Really unique.

Thinking Chitalia

As opposed to a “not thinking chitalia”

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...

The Knowledge Log

Life is a broadway musical and everyday is a song. These are mine manifested as poetry.

This N That With Me