View towards The Rondane-Posted on July 6, 2018 by Seenorway

Jeg tror egentlig dette bildet taler for seg selv? Men – etter at dette fjellmassivet engang ble malt av vår kjente nasjonal-maler Harald Sohlberg en gang i 1901 (Vinternatt i Rondane), så har det blitt motiv for et norsk frimerke og sett verden rundt. Selve maleriet befinner seg i Nasjonal-galleriet i Oslo, mens motivet er foreviget av all de som passerer denne utsiktsplassen (Sohlberg-plassen), oppkalt etter nevnte kunstner.

Actually I think this picture speaks for itself? But – after this mountain massive once were painted by our renowned national painter, Harald Sohlberg, one night in 1901
(Winter Night in Rondane), the motif has also been used for a stamp and travelled the globe, seen by millions. However, the original painting may be seen at our National Gallery in Oslo, whilst the motif have been shot time and again by every passer-by (me included) 🙂  The viewing platform giving the best possible shot (Sohlberg-plassen) is named after the said artist.

Compliments of SRB)
Please return me to  INDEX  for a new picture/destination.

About Seenorway

‘See Norway’ vil i fremtid befatte seg med å vise bildereportasjer fra byer, kommuner og tettsteder rundt i Norge. ‘See Norway’ will take pride in showing you picture reports from communities and settlements throughout Norway. Contact: post@roby.no

I am sharing this post by Seenorway.

-Eugenia

image-property of Seenorway

6 comments for “View towards The Rondane-Posted on July 6, 2018 by Seenorway

1. 07/07/2018 at 12:14 pm

Thank you! Now I expect half the world on my doorstep,
    but that would indeed be some change! 🙂

• 07/07/2018 at 1:06 pm

You’re most welcome. Reblogging just doesn’t work on some posts and there’s no way to alter them so I decided it best to repost and make it very clear the post belongs to you. We’ll see if this boosts your draw. 🙂

• 07/07/2018 at 1:36 pm

A bit sceptic though! History have thaught me that most bloggers do not follow links, but – one can only hope . . . 🙂

2. 07/08/2018 at 6:08 am

Breathtaking! I would love to be there now! ☺️

• 07/08/2018 at 11:47 am

Me too! If you take some time to browse through Seenorway, you may be enticed to live there. 🙂

• 07/08/2018 at 12:26 pm

Really?! I should add that destination to my bucket list

Let's have coffee and chat! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )