BrewNSpew Cafe

art-graffiti-abstract-vintage

Greetings and welcome to the BrewNSpew Café.  If you’ve not been here before, have a seat, enjoy the coffee and thought-provoking chatter. Beware of the gossips, they see all and tell all.

”Where do architects and designers get their ideas?” The answer, of course, is mainly from other architects and designers, so is it mere casuistry to distinguish between tradition and plagiarism? – Stephen Bayley

Word of the weekcasuistry-(noun)-a resolving of specific cases of conscience, duty, or conduct through interpretation of ethical principles or religious doctrine. The use of clever but unsound reasoning, especially in relation to moral questions; sophistry. Synonyms-specious reasoning, equivocation, sophism, speciousness.

Too many meaningless scrawls on walls

even tho thought as soul-baring to all

Perhaps, cut-rate casuistries used to resolve

and the intent’s not of value for all involved

You know for those seeking to be clever

must give serious thought to their endeavors

Methinks a specious argument is a flimsy attempt

and a waste of time that could be well spent

Tis important to be authentic in what we think

and even more so when we spill our ink

Welcome to Meet and Greet at the BrewNSpew Café

brewnspewcafe

Musings of Phoebe, MD

Poetry and Medicine

POETRICKS

Poetry becomes life when you write it down for the world

Playing with words

Unclogging my mind

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers!

And you’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

ThusNSuch1a

Please stop in at the Go Dog Go Cafe where there is a remarkable cluster of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

GDGC

-Eugenia

image-via Prexels

12 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe

1. 07/16/2018 at 11:18 am

See all comments? Am I entering an empty room here? Not even a bartender in place? Well then, I’ll spend an hour in the park. May be my steps will take me baqck the same way? Who knows?

2. 07/16/2018 at 12:02 pm

Casuistry ~ great word. I love that.
    I like sophistry too.
    ❤ ❤ ❤

• 07/17/2018 at 7:41 pm

Thank you! Interesting words aren’t they?!

3. 07/16/2018 at 12:53 pm

Just sharing a link https://aeon.co/ideas/beauty-is-truth-truth-is-beauty-and-other-lies-of-physics, in line with your word of the week.

Will write a piece later.

4. 07/16/2018 at 6:06 pm

You are like a living, breathing, walking talking metronome, Eugenia.
    Reading this aloud is joy immeasurable.

• 07/17/2018 at 8:08 pm

Thank you so much for your delightful comment. You made my day much brighter! 🙂

5. 15andmeowing
    07/16/2018 at 8:48 pm

That is excellent!

6. 07/19/2018 at 10:18 pm

I do love learning new words and using them. I used casuistry in my post. It was a stretch but I think it worked.

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Perceptions Unplugged

Read, Think & Write

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

♥️Off Duty Nurse ♥️

Melody Chen

Word-Experimentalist

My experience

digital banega village

Mihran Kalaydjian's Official Blog

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s. Billy Wilder

Short Ramblings