BrewNSpew Cafe – July 30, 2018

pexels-photo-1212816

“Defense is superior to opulence” – Adam Smith

Word of the weekopulence (adjective) – great wealth or luxurious. Synonyms –  luxurious, richness, splendor, grandeur, splendidness, poshness, swankiness.

methinks the highfalutin

ensnared in a pompous

and pretentious world

a longing for swankiness,

bric-a-brac, and trinkets

lives of glorious opulence

hoity-toity types so

me, myself and me

seems there’s disinterest in

spiritual, and cultural values

most unfortunate for society

Be sure to stop in and visit your fellow bloggers!

Please stop in for a visit at the café any day of the week, and showcase your talents! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link BrewNSpew Cafe. Or add a BrewNSpew Cafe tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

And you’re more than welcome to visit my other blog, ThusNSuch

-Eugenia

Photo by samer daboul from Pexels

11 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – July 30, 2018

1. 07/30/2018 at 11:03 am

An allure which became a poisonous desire, we need a cure from. What became satisfaction, turn into an addiction.

2. 07/30/2018 at 11:11 am

I agree with you. It is unfortunate for society.

3. 07/30/2018 at 11:24 am

Most unfortunate for society indeed. Very well done.

Have a fabulous day and week, Eugenia. ♥

4. 07/30/2018 at 3:29 pm

We get mesmerized by the glitz and get ensnared in the web.

Shortlink to one of my recent poems: https://wp.me/p73yZZ-40w

5. 07/31/2018 at 12:09 am

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

6. 07/31/2018 at 1:59 pm

Eugenia,

Your last three lines…

seems there’s disinterest in
    spiritual, and cultural values
    most unfortunate for society

really say it all as to where we are today and I couldn’t agree more disinterest or connection to spiritual and moral values today is upsetting to say the least. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed week!

• 07/31/2018 at 3:57 pm

Thank you for visiting, Cathy. I am glad you enjoyed my post.:)

7. 08/06/2018 at 10:51 am

Love the word and poem!

Thank you for your comments! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )