Raise your writing bar – Master how to eliminate that passive voice.

Sharing information on how to eliminate that passive voice from Jacqueline-

a cooking pot and twisted tales

Passive Voice, Active Voice, Eliminate Passive Voice, Readers Attention, Raise Writing Bar, Professional Writing

An important factor that holds your readers’ attention from the get-go is the voice your article/book/post is written in. Readers prefer active voice sentences and writing in the active voice communicates our message effectively. The active voice makes your writing stronger, less wordy and tiresome. It clearly identifies an action and who is performing that action.

On the other hand, writing in the passive voice which is a common mistake that could easily slip into your writing fails to hold your readers’ interest and simply makes your writing boring and hard to read.

Mastering the skill of writing in the active voice is easier than you anticipated and less tedious than finding those little grammatical errors and typos. One way to know if you are writing in the active or passive voice is to find the subject of the sentence and decide if the subject is doing the action or…

View original post 196 more words

Post navigation

8 comments for “Raise your writing bar – Master how to eliminate that passive voice.

1. 08/01/2018 at 10:04 am

I struggle with this, English not being my first language I do get quite confused with the tenses. I try reading out loud, it helps.

• 08/01/2018 at 10:09 am

Even those where English is their native language struggle with the tenses. I felt this post by Jacqui would be helpful to others, and including myself. 🙂

• 08/01/2018 at 10:12 am

yes it was very helpful, I like pieces like this that guide my writing path, thank you for re-posting her words. Jacqui is an amazing writer!

2. 08/01/2018 at 11:57 am

Writing well is not easy. It takes a lot of work.

Have a fabulous day, Eugenia. ♥

3. 15andmeowing
    08/01/2018 at 8:54 pm

Excellent post, very helpful.

4. 08/04/2018 at 9:29 am

Wonderful writing tips from Jaqueline, 🙂

5. 08/05/2018 at 2:05 am

Excellent!!

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Perceptions Unplugged

Read, Think & Write

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

♥️Off Duty Nurse ♥️

Melody Chen

Word-Experimentalist

My experience

digital banega village

Mihran Kalaydjian's Official Blog

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s. Billy Wilder

Short Ramblings