BrewNSpew Cafe

313157-Hello-August

I’m delighted to see you at the BrewNSpew Café! Please have a seat and enjoy the coffee and useless but perhaps, useful prattle. And a note to all of our clients – pets, and selfies are permitted.

bountiful embrace

joyful times, honey, and wine

happy August days

Welcome to August, the month when we begin to think about autumn. Of course, there are plenty of warm and sunny days left to enjoy our summer activities.

August is a wonderful month for sweet corn, tomatoes, melon, peaches, squash, peppers, and blueberries, just to name a few of our favorites. August could be considered the perfect month of the summer. The extremely hot and rainy months are mostly past and for some, there is a reprieve from the humidity.

Zodiac signs for the month are Leo (July 23–August 22) and Virgo (August 23–September 22).

August’s birth flowers are the gladiolus and the poppy. The gladiolus comes is a variety of colors – pink, yellow, orange, red, purple, white and green. This long-lasting flower signifies strength in character, honor, and remembrance.

gladiolus-sword-flower-iridaceae-red-67631

The poppy is a plant with a large delicate flower, usually red and signifies restful sleep and recovery.

Peridot is August’s birthstone, a beautiful stone that appears in different shades of green and signifies strength and healing power. It’s said the stone wards off nightmares and evil.

f589f25c82edf90ecdd7024ad549dc31--united-states-apples

The end of August is a significant time to start preparing for autumn as beautifully reflected in this poem.

Summer declines and roses have grown rare,
But cottage crofts are gay with hollyhocks,
And in old garden walks you breathe an air
Fragrant of pinks and August-smelling stocks.

—John Todhunter (1839-1916)

Word of the week – ebullient (adjective) – cheerful and full of energy. Synonyms – exuberant, joyful, cheery, merry, jolly, sunny.

mid-summer is lazing

magical times awaiting

life’s recipe amazing

harvest readies for tasting

Oh, yes and star-gazing

A full moon is rising

August’s ebullient offering

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

Cafe5c

Poetry for Healing

Words from the Heart

The Village Cinderella

Diurnal Kind

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

Please stop in for a visit at the café any day of the week, and showcase your talents! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link BrewNSpew Cafe. Or add a BrewNSpew Cafe tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

My other blog, ThusNSuch

Thus1

18 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe

1. 08/06/2018 at 3:40 pm

I’m enjoying all those food items you listed. I love the sweet white corn and the tomatoes the very best.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

• 08/06/2018 at 9:21 pm

I eat salad almost every day and love great tasting tomatoes! 🙂

2. 08/06/2018 at 10:08 pm

This is an ‘Aha moment’ for me. I like your images, because they spell joy. 🙂

• 08/07/2018 at 9:38 am

Thank you, Reena. I feel August and all that goes with it is a joyful month. Though we still have hot days, the transition is in the air and in our minds.

3. 08/07/2018 at 12:43 am

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet and commented:

Come check out the BrewNSpew Cafe!!!!

• 08/07/2018 at 10:45 pm

Thank you, Chuck, my favorite poet. xoxo

4. 08/07/2018 at 9:04 am

enjoyed reading about the Northern hemisphere’s August. Here in Malaysia lots will be happening. The Ghost month (like all soul’s day), and independence day among others.

• 08/07/2018 at 10:50 pm

August is a fun month, which I wasn’t aware it had so much to offer. It appears August will be an interesting time for you, as well.

5. 08/07/2018 at 10:29 am

Please read my first post

6. Michael Todd
    08/07/2018 at 6:06 pm

Seeing is believing… 🙂

7. 08/07/2018 at 6:53 pm

Eugenia,

Harvest readies for tasting…boy, do I ever remember my in-laws fresh garden veggies! Gosh, the tomatoes were out of this world delicious and their green beans….mmm-good! They also had apple trees and grapes which were pAwesome, too. I sure do miss these things but I miss them more. I reckon they are pursuing their love for gardening in heaven these days. 🙂 Thanks for sharing such a beautiful poem with such an interesting word — ebullient!

• 08/07/2018 at 10:54 pm

There’s nothing better than home-grown veggies! Thank you for visiting, Cathy.

8. 08/10/2018 at 10:30 am

I’m a Virgo and definitely thinking about autumn..
    Which just happens to be my favorite season.😊

• 08/10/2018 at 10:50 am

I love autumn, as well. Not only a transition in seasons but a transition in our minds.

cancer killing recipe

Just another WordPress.com site

The Busy Young Mom

young mom, weight gain, yoga, enlightenment, nature, home decor, fulltime working mom, paralegal, law student, organization

Little Literature

Thoughts of the pressed madman/pressed by burden of self truth/ atlast he howls prior death/ his howl mated with a nightingle's coo/ and a poetry is born

Michèle's Blog

For the love of our human spirit

The Dark Horse

"I serve a slice of my soul, catering not for an audience but showcasing a platter, aspiring not to conjure unpalatable abhorrent reflections but perchance vivify contemplations with thought provoking ingenuity. Bon appetit." - TDH

Perceptions Unplugged

Read, Think & Write

Friendship143page

Friendship143page

Rusted Honey

Poetry, haiku, tanka, and micropoetry

mysevensstoreys

one man's spiritual journey home

HiM@NsHh ReCoRds.....

CrEaTiViTy......(AdMiT iT AdMiRe iT..GeT ThaT SpaRk n FiRe iT....)

A Fish Named Karen

Loving the beautiful mess that I am and sharing my truth

Lance Sheridan

♥️Off Duty Nurse ♥️

Melody Chen

Word-Experimentalist

My experience

digital banega village

Mihran Kalaydjian's Official Blog

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s. Billy Wilder

Short Ramblings