BrewNSpew Cafe

313157-Hello-August

I’m delighted to see you at the BrewNSpew Café! Please have a seat and enjoy the coffee and useless but perhaps, useful prattle. And a note to all of our clients – pets, and selfies are permitted.

bountiful embrace

joyful times, honey, and wine

happy August days

Welcome to August, the month when we begin to think about autumn. Of course, there are plenty of warm and sunny days left to enjoy our summer activities.

August is a wonderful month for sweet corn, tomatoes, melon, peaches, squash, peppers, and blueberries, just to name a few of our favorites. August could be considered the perfect month of the summer. The extremely hot and rainy months are mostly past and for some, there is a reprieve from the humidity.

Zodiac signs for the month are Leo (July 23–August 22) and Virgo (August 23–September 22).

August’s birth flowers are the gladiolus and the poppy. The gladiolus comes is a variety of colors – pink, yellow, orange, red, purple, white and green. This long-lasting flower signifies strength in character, honor, and remembrance.

gladiolus-sword-flower-iridaceae-red-67631

The poppy is a plant with a large delicate flower, usually red and signifies restful sleep and recovery.

Peridot is August’s birthstone, a beautiful stone that appears in different shades of green and signifies strength and healing power. It’s said the stone wards off nightmares and evil.

f589f25c82edf90ecdd7024ad549dc31--united-states-apples

The end of August is a significant time to start preparing for autumn as beautifully reflected in this poem.

Summer declines and roses have grown rare,
But cottage crofts are gay with hollyhocks,
And in old garden walks you breathe an air
Fragrant of pinks and August-smelling stocks.

—John Todhunter (1839-1916)

Word of the week – ebullient (adjective) – cheerful and full of energy. Synonyms – exuberant, joyful, cheery, merry, jolly, sunny.

mid-summer is lazing

magical times awaiting

life’s recipe amazing

harvest readies for tasting

Oh, yes and star-gazing

A full moon is rising

August’s ebullient offering

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

Cafe5c

Poetry for Healing

Words from the Heart

The Village Cinderella

Diurnal Kind

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

Please stop in for a visit at the café any day of the week, and showcase your talents! Post a photo, quote, poem or story that shows off your creativity. Let’s see what wakes up your creative senses and how you’re going to weave new ideas into your daily routine.

Write a piece on your own blog relating to your topic. Leave a comment, linking back to your post using the link BrewNSpew Cafe. Or add a BrewNSpew Cafe tag and pingback to this post. We look forward to learning about what sparks your creativity.

My other blog, ThusNSuch

Thus1

18 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe

1. 08/06/2018 at 3:40 pm

I’m enjoying all those food items you listed. I love the sweet white corn and the tomatoes the very best.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

• 08/06/2018 at 9:21 pm

I eat salad almost every day and love great tasting tomatoes! 🙂

2. 08/06/2018 at 10:08 pm

This is an ‘Aha moment’ for me. I like your images, because they spell joy. 🙂

• 08/07/2018 at 9:38 am

Thank you, Reena. I feel August and all that goes with it is a joyful month. Though we still have hot days, the transition is in the air and in our minds.

3. 08/07/2018 at 12:43 am

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet and commented:

Come check out the BrewNSpew Cafe!!!!

• 08/07/2018 at 10:45 pm

Thank you, Chuck, my favorite poet. xoxo

4. 08/07/2018 at 9:04 am

enjoyed reading about the Northern hemisphere’s August. Here in Malaysia lots will be happening. The Ghost month (like all soul’s day), and independence day among others.

• 08/07/2018 at 10:50 pm

August is a fun month, which I wasn’t aware it had so much to offer. It appears August will be an interesting time for you, as well.

5. 08/07/2018 at 10:29 am

Please read my first post

6. Michael Todd
    08/07/2018 at 6:06 pm

Seeing is believing… 🙂

7. 08/07/2018 at 6:53 pm

Eugenia,

Harvest readies for tasting…boy, do I ever remember my in-laws fresh garden veggies! Gosh, the tomatoes were out of this world delicious and their green beans….mmm-good! They also had apple trees and grapes which were pAwesome, too. I sure do miss these things but I miss them more. I reckon they are pursuing their love for gardening in heaven these days. 🙂 Thanks for sharing such a beautiful poem with such an interesting word — ebullient!

• 08/07/2018 at 10:54 pm

There’s nothing better than home-grown veggies! Thank you for visiting, Cathy.

8. 08/10/2018 at 10:30 am

I’m a Virgo and definitely thinking about autumn..
    Which just happens to be my favorite season.😊

• 08/10/2018 at 10:50 am

I love autumn, as well. Not only a transition in seasons but a transition in our minds.

MY LIFE IN WORDS

My sexuality is not an inferior trait that needs to be chaperoned by emotionalism or morality.

roxy743

Learning Experience

The Chicago Files

A CANADIAN EXPAT'S EXPERIENCES AND OBSERVATIONS LIVING IN THE WINDY CITY!

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

Jo Hawk

The Writer

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

Zoolon Hub

The Home of ‘All Things’ Zoolon

Destination Wedding Store

Bespoke Planning, For Those Seeking a Five Star Wedding

daneelyunus

This site is about the knowledge of different categories such as education, , health, mobiles, and tourism

The Learning Prophet

Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Nature, Spirtuality

Best Life Facts

To Feel Good From Your Head To Your Feet Keep A Healthy Heart Beat

The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom

A place to write all I need to write.

& lingering thoughts

dose of Cristianism, & other absurdities.

IMwithJay

Internet Marketing for the Rest of Us

Family Travel Host USA

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Thony Space

Random Writings

Random Thoughts

A thousand thoughts

Aubrey's Arch

A Complete Circle, An Oracle’s Virtue

Reflections!

Through My Lens...

A Fine Balance

All the linked posts under this blog are an outcome of my observations about the things that often go unnoticed and the things that are often taken for granted.

Islamic Dua Istikhara

Get paak Islamic Dua and Istikhara for Your Daily Life problems

But I Smile Anyway...

Musings and memories, words and wisdom... of a working family woman