BrewNSpew Cafe – August 20, 2018

pexels-photo-872902

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Café where the coffee is as clear as mud and so is the conversation. Watch the gossipmongers, they like to stare.

“I think that knowledge enslaves us, that at the base of all knowledge there is a servility, the acceptation of a way of life wherein each moment has meaning only in relation to another or others that will follow it.”
― Georges Bataille, The Unfinished System of Nonknowledge

Word of the week – servile – adjective – having or showing an excessive willingness to please others Synonyms – obsequious, sycophantic, differential, subservient, fawning, unctuous, slavish, humble

Acting in a servile manner

oh, watch that dagger

as gossipmongers stare

flimsy thoughts elsewhere

but fawning adoration

only to seek attention

raises an arched left eyebrow

makes one think somehow

those that are too eager

can be too much of a pleaser

whether or not sincere

must not remain unclear

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

BS Cafe1

The 50 year old poet

You’re never too old to start again

Michele’s Blog

For the love of our human spirit

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

Hi! I’m delighted to see you here at the BrewNSpew Café! It’s time to add some pizzaz to the events that take place at the cafe.

On Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of my features is a word of the week. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word. Methinks it will be fun to make my weekly event a weekly challenge. So here’s my plan.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

Here is a useful link offering explanations and examples for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once you’ve completed your creation-

LINK YOUR BLOG POST TO MINE WITH A PINGBACK. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

By the way, I have another blog ThusNSuch

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

And a great place for coffee is the Go Dog Go Cafe. Come in and mingle with a fantastic group of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

GDGC1

-Eugenia

CC93a

image – Pexels

26 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – August 20, 2018

1. 08/21/2018 at 12:18 am

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

2. 08/21/2018 at 2:51 am

Here’s my take on the prompt:

Happy reading! 🙂

3. 08/21/2018 at 10:50 am

You are a very good wordsmith.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

4. 08/21/2018 at 2:20 pm

Here is a shortlink to my post:

5. 08/21/2018 at 3:16 pm

This poem reminds me of a typical Trump cabinet meeting. I love the new look of your home page.

• 08/21/2018 at 5:04 pm

Good one! It reminds me of all politics in many ways.:) I’m glad you like the new look!

6. 08/21/2018 at 7:26 pm

I took the word in a more positive way in my poem. Hopefully, it will be understood. Thanks for the prompt.

• 08/21/2018 at 8:55 pm

Very nice, Patricia, and I like your positive reflection. Thank you for joining in.

7. 08/22/2018 at 12:44 pm

I love Tuesday chatter and the weekly word and poem! Hi!

8. 08/23/2018 at 5:57 am

Eugenia,

I think those who seem like overachievers to please others are looking for acceptance more than anything. Fabulous poem!

I’m sorry for the late visit. It’s just been one of those weeks and it’s not even over yet. Thank you for joining me on the dance floor. Have a blessed and boogietastic day!

9. 08/29/2018 at 12:13 pm

I know I’m late. But wanted to share…

Get Styled.

Keep it stylish.💕

Viața

O zi minunată!

*UNBREAKABLE QUEEN'S LIFE LESSONS DIARY*

Breaking Free From The Past, In Hope For A Bigger & Brighter Future

BOOKIVERSE

Exploring the Bookish Universe

THE DREAM MAKER

Poem and motivational stories

One Woman's Quest

Passion for writing ignites my soul's momentum

PopBopRocktilUDrop

From the Land of Band Box Records

History Present

History Understood In Its Present

knitting with heart

. . . luv 'n stitches for our tired old world

thirty n' wordy

30 something. Mother of two. Treading the waters between Motherhood and self discovery.

BY THE LEFT HAND...

Brett Kristian

🌹SecretGarden🌹

A Memoir Of A Lone Girl

O at the Edges

Musings on poetry, language, perception, numbers, food, and anything else that slips through the cracks.

Oscar Hokeah

Kiowa/Cherokee

Renata Shen

high school actor-journalist from New England who posts travel-lifestyle

Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom

Welcome to Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom. Where Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie shares her words of wisdom and passion for writing.

Ellenbest24

words and scribble.

The World Is a Tea Party Site

FREE to you! No PAY WALL! Well-researched, up-to-date info on tea and more!

Been there, done that...

my stories, opinions, and suggestions about becoming whole.