BrewNSpew Cafe – August 27, 2018

pexels-photo-1334144

I’m delighted to see you at the BrewNSpew Café. Come in and enjoy the coffee and chit-chat. Your guess about what is going on in the world is as good as mine. Let’s not talk about it and say we did.

“We would be a lot safer if the Government would take its money out of science and put it into astrology and the reading of palms. Only in superstition is there hope. If you want to become a friend of civilization, then become an enemy of the truth and a fanatic for harmless balderdash.” – Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Word of the weekbalderdash – (noun) – nonsense. Synonyms- boloney, blarney, bilge, blather, folly, hogwash, hooey, poppycock, piffle, silliness, twaddle.

Oh, poppycock I say

sheeple with heads full of hay

they blather and jabber

their drivel full of piffle

fiddle-faddle such silly twaddle

their folly makes us jolly?

such bunkum and balderdash

nonsensical and foolish talk

but just perhaps

to ponder before speaking

or committing that keystroke

will dispel the drama

of this ongoing saga

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

BS Cafe1

Stories, Poetry, Thoughts, Life

…moments of unexpected clarity

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

Hi! I’m delighted to see you here at the BrewNSpew Café! It’s time to add some pizzazz to the events that take place at the cafe.

On Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is a word of the week. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word. Methinks it will be fun to make my weekly event a weekly challenge. So here’s my plan.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

Here is a useful link offering explanations and examples for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once you’ve completed your creation-

LINK YOUR BLOG POST TO MINE WITH A PINGBACK. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

By the way, I have another blog ThusNSuch

Thus4

Another great place for coffee is the Go Dog Go Cafe. Come in and mingle with a fantastic group of talented writers. I’m one of the Baristas and proud to be a part this elite group.

GDGC1

New sign off

Photo by Irina Kostenich from Pexels

17 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – August 27, 2018

1. 08/27/2018 at 11:54 am

Namaste Eugenia 🙂

Sensing the senseless written with panache I had to pop by for a read and coffee. Your poem has a fun feel – a tongue twister in places. I had no idea sheeple was a word. Great stuff, thank you 🙂

Have a wonderful week.

Namaste 🙂

DN

• 08/27/2018 at 11:59 am

Hi, Dewin. So nice of you to stop by. Yes, sheeple is a word – people compared to sheep in being docile, foolish, or easily led. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Namaste 😉

• 08/27/2018 at 12:05 pm

Thank you for the definition Eugenia…it makes perfect sense to me. I shall squirrel that word away for future airing and look forward to your next lyrical post.

Namaste 🙂

DN

2. 08/27/2018 at 6:21 pm

Vonnegut has wisdom I agree with. Dropping in and saying hi Eugenia, hope you are well

3. 08/27/2018 at 9:37 pm

Let’s have more enlightenment, from the land of All Things Vonnegut.

4. 08/27/2018 at 10:06 pm

I like this weeks word Franci! So much fun to be here at the Cafe!

• 08/28/2018 at 9:00 am

Thank you so much, Lynn. I’m glad you enjoy it.

5. 08/28/2018 at 4:38 am

Thanks for the prompt. Here is my take

6. 09/05/2018 at 11:53 am

Hey Eugenia! I’m not sure how I landed here (hours of aimless browsing would do it), but thank God I did. It’s amazing what you’re doing here.

7. 09/05/2018 at 12:05 pm

Me too 🙂

HappymessHappiness

Full-time daydreamer, half-time paranoid.

Thinking Chitalia

As opposed to a “not thinking chitalia”

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...