BrewNSpew Cafe – September 3, 2018

apple-tree-apple-apple-compote-jar-162760

I’m so glad you stopped in at the BrewNSpew Café. Have a seat and enjoy the coffee and chatter. Your guess about what is going on in the world is as good as mine. Let’s not talk about it and say we did.

Ah, lovely September, the month when we experience the last days of summer and the first days of fall; and the time to begin preparations for the “winter” season.

September zodiac signs –  Virgo (Aug. 23–Sept. 22) and Libra (Sept. 23–Oct. 22). Birth flowers for September are the fall-blooming aster and the climbing morning glory. September’s birthstone is the sapphire, which along with the ruby are considered the second hardest natural gemstones. The first hardest natural gemstone is the diamond.

pexels-photo-189778

51-InFrGE2L

184468-Sapphire-Earrings

Apples, apples and more apples, my favorite fruit! September is the month for apples and apple picking has become a favorite weekend pastime. In fact, just a little north of where I live, apple picking has already begun.

pexels-photo-326005

September 3rd – Labor Day is observed in the U.S. and Canada.

September 9th – is Grandparents Day. Also, at sundown the Jewish holiday, Rosh Hashana begins.

September 11th – Patriot Day – in remembrance of those that died in the September 2001 attacks.

September 17th – Constitution Day, which celebrates the adoption of the U.S. Constitution.

September 18th –  at sundown, Yom Kippur begins.

September 21st – International Day of Peace

September 22nd – is the beginning of the Autumnal Equinox.

Word of the week – imperturbable (adjective) – marked by extreme calm, impassivity, steadiness. Synonyms- self-possessed, composed, relaxed, serene, placed, unflappable, laid-back.

to live in the now

requires some no-how

with imperturbable composure

giving the excitable the once-over

you know life’s like a menu

unleash options within you

be grateful for life’s ride

cast chaotic moments aside

deem yourself unflappable

yes, and unstoppable

cool as a cucumber, that’s you

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

BS Cafe

Kiran Athrey

Wandering through the beauty of words..!!!

Mindful Mamas Tribe

Mama being mindful

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

By the way, here’s what going on at the BrewNSpew Café –

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is “word of the week”. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

Here is a useful link offering explanations and examples for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve completed your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

By the way, I have another blog ThusNSuch

Thus4

Are you looking for social media with an international flair? If so, you’ll enjoy beBee, a free global social network for maximizing your visibility and audience. It lets you connect with people from over 19 countries that share your interests. beBee Registration.

bbl19

New sign off

image – Pexels

18 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – September 3, 2018

1. 09/03/2018 at 3:55 pm

Awesome post and poem, Eugenia. ❤ Happy September! xo

• 09/03/2018 at 4:10 pm

Hi, Bette! Thank you and Happy September! xoxo

2. 09/03/2018 at 6:07 pm

I like stopping here Eugenia, you give a lovely start to a day or week, the roundup sums things up really nicely for me. Happy September!

3. 09/04/2018 at 7:10 am

Eugenia,

Sapphires are my favorite colored gemstones. I like it so much so that I used it over my birth month (December) in my class ring set. My in-laws’ had several miniature apple trees on their property. It was such a treat to eat freshly grown apples and my MIL always made the best apple pies. Mmm, good! We’ll be going back to collect some if not all our belongings this weekend. Maybe, I can pick one more last time some of the apples from those trees to bring home with us. I’m sure going to miss that DH’s boyhood home but I know he’s going to miss it more as it now belongs to my late FIL’s caregiver. That was the arrangement he made with her while he was living for payment for her providing around the clock care. I’d love to be able to ‘cast chaotic moments aside’ as mentioned in your poem but that’s often easier said than done, isn’t it? I’m sorry for the late visit but I fear I’m going to be doing this a lot this week. Have a pAwesome week, dear friend!

• 09/04/2018 at 10:44 am

That’s sad news about DH’s boyhood home. Will you be able to visit? Grab all of the apples you can and when you get home make some potent apple cider for those chaotic moments! 🙂 No visit to my blog is ever late.:) Have a great week!

4. 09/04/2018 at 12:53 pm

thanks for the prompt Eugenia. here is my take

5. 09/04/2018 at 5:19 pm

Happy September! It’s the start of my favorite season. I love Fall, the colors, sights and weather.

6. 09/04/2018 at 10:20 pm

Hard to believe Fall is almost here! I love apple picking and plan to go soon! Nice cafe

7. 09/04/2018 at 10:22 pm

Hi Eugenia, thank once again for sharing your post at #seniorsalon. I shared it on my Share, Care & Inspire FB page and also RT.

Get Styled.

Keep it stylish.💕

Viața

O zi minunată!

*UNBREAKABLE QUEEN'S LIFE LESSONS DIARY*

Breaking Free From The Past, In Hope For A Bigger & Brighter Future

BOOKIVERSE

Exploring the Bookish Universe

THE DREAM MAKER

Poem and motivational stories

One Woman's Quest

Passion for writing ignites my soul's momentum

PopBopRocktilUDrop

From the Land of Band Box Records

History Present

History Understood In Its Present

knitting with heart

. . . luv 'n stitches for our tired old world

thirty n' wordy

30 something. Mother of two. Treading the waters between Motherhood and self discovery.

BY THE LEFT HAND...

Brett Kristian

🌹SecretGarden🌹

A Memoir Of A Lone Girl

O at the Edges

Musings on poetry, language, perception, numbers, food, and anything else that slips through the cracks.

Oscar Hokeah

Kiowa/Cherokee

Renata Shen

high school actor-journalist from New England who posts travel-lifestyle

Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom

Welcome to Writing Through the Soul Words of Wisdom. Where Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie shares her words of wisdom and passion for writing.

Ellenbest24

words and scribble.

The World Is a Tea Party Site

FREE to you! No PAY WALL! Well-researched, up-to-date info on tea and more!

Been there, done that...

my stories, opinions, and suggestions about becoming whole.