I can only imagine

blaming destiny for flaws

mirror recalls all

empty walk and talk

non-existent face to face

mirror draws a blank

reflect to reflect

not knowing what to expect

mirror forgets time

inner skirmishes

seekers of self-fulfillment

mirror has no fate

I’m a special mirror

observe from the wall

oh, I recall all

yet if only imagined

consciousness lost and

time frames unresolved

fate being a moot point

disturbs self-actualization

Reena’s Exploration Challenge – Week 53

I am a special mirror. People move through it, leaving reflections of their psyche.

The inventor who created me committed an error. The images that pass through me remain locked there, even after the person has moved away. These images speak to each other, interact and create a lot of turmoil inside me. Their inter-related states are known only to me.

Look there …

Mandakini, Rukmini and Renuka are walking together in the garden. They do not belong to the same era or same geography. But they have come together. They know that they are not rivals or opponents. They are just reflections of each other, as they moved over to higher stages of evolution. The core is the same, an independent entity demanding recognition. Their existence is not relative to any other human being or object. They are not owned by the will of another. They do not live as the ‘honor’ of another man – be it a father, brother, husband, son, ruler or God. They are not ‘tainted’ by the choices they make. They just achieve a state of self-actualization.

My another blog ThusNSuch

Thus4

New sign off

20 comments for “I can only imagine

1. 09/07/2018 at 2:22 pm

Beautifully penned! I am stumped for words. Feels like the poem sprang out of the core of something. Thanks so much!

• 09/07/2018 at 5:56 pm

Reena, this challenge is one of my favorites. I tried to capture the gist of your narrative. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

• 09/07/2018 at 9:49 pm

You sure captured the gist. There is not a single word wasted. Each one leads to another. Brilliant!

2. 09/07/2018 at 2:22 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena.

3. 09/07/2018 at 8:52 pm

This is an excellent response Eugenia, I especially like the suggestion of ‘fate being a moot point’ in terms of self-actualisation.

4. 09/08/2018 at 12:40 am

So loved reading this, deep response to the human condition.

5. 09/08/2018 at 10:57 am

Very well done and ever so accurate.

Have a fabulous weekend. ♥

• 09/08/2018 at 2:35 pm

Thank you for your kind comment. 🙂

6. 09/10/2018 at 8:08 am

Eugenia,

The line ’empty walk and talk’ remind me of someone I know who says one thing and does another. It causes me to wonder, does this person even want to change? Good job on penning these words!

• 09/10/2018 at 9:24 am

Hi Cathy! Some people don’t see themselves this way and most likely won’t change. Thank you and Happy Monday!

7. 09/15/2018 at 2:14 am

Clever and intelligent write! – B

8. 09/15/2018 at 6:10 am

A sharply poised eagerly placed rhythm of words. A cleverly composed piece. Well done you.

9. 10/01/2018 at 11:48 am

Eugenia,

“unwanted selfies blaming destiny of flaws” I cannot take a good selfie to save my life. Every time I try, I look so unnatural and stupid. I’m awed by those who produce good selfies. Maybe, it’s because those individuals spent countless hours perfecting the craft whereas I have yet to learn that. Anyhow, I went over to Reena’s to check out the prompt but I was unsure what to make of it. Is the challenge to take away from her piece your interpretation to create your poem or do you share an image of what her prompt draws in your brain?

Have a pAwesome day!

• 10/01/2018 at 12:37 pm

Reena’s challenge is what you take away from her explanation. I use her explanation as my prompt and I like to express my response in a poetic form, which you can use any form of writing for the challenge. Some are more difficult than others, which is why I enjoy it. I hope this makes sense. Let me know if it doesn’t.

HappymessHappiness

Full-time daydreamer, half-time paranoid.

Thinking Chitalia

As opposed to a “not thinking chitalia”

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...