BrewNSpew Cafe – September 10, 2018

pexels-photo-343425

Creativity may be hard to nurture but it’s easy to thwart – Adam Grant

Word of the week – thwart (verb) – prevent (someone) from accomplishing something. To oppose successfully; defeat the hopes or aspirations of. Synonyms – stop, prevent, keep from, foil, frustrate.

get that chin off the ground

thwart the gossips stare

thwart lack of it

our need for harmony

in music and in life

so dear

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

BS Cafe

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

By the way, here is what’s happening at the BrewNSpew Café –

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is “word of the week”. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve completed your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

By the way, I have another blog ThusNSuch

image – Pexels

16 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – September 10, 2018

1. 09/10/2018 at 4:13 pm

Excellent poetic rendering, Eugenia! 🙂 Sharing… o

• 09/10/2018 at 5:19 pm

Great response, Reena. I left a comment on your post. Thank you for joining in. 🙂

2. 09/11/2018 at 5:51 am

here is my take Eugenia. I came up with a byte size story instead of a poem. https://syncwithdeep.wordpress.com/2018/09/11/if-only/

3. 09/11/2018 at 5:52 am

i loved everything that u said about thwart in your cute poem.

• 09/11/2018 at 2:27 pm

Thank you and I am delighted you are joining in. 🙂

4. 09/12/2018 at 3:36 pm

Hey Eugenia! 🙂
    Here’s my take on the prompt:

Happy reading! 🙂

5. 09/14/2018 at 11:43 am

This is such a great idea and challenge!

Thank you for your comments! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )