BrewNSpew Cafe – September 10, 2018

pexels-photo-343425

Hey, coffee and tea lovers, and anything in between. Welcome to BrewNSpew Cafe, where there is never a dull moment. The chatter here always raises an eyebrow!

Creativity may be hard to nurture but it’s easy to thwart – Adam Grant

Word of the week – thwart (verb) – prevent (someone) from accomplishing something. To oppose successfully; defeat the hopes or aspirations of. Synonyms – stop, prevent, keep from, foil, frustrate.

get that chin off the ground

thwart the gossips stare

our need for harmony

in music and in life

so dear

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

BS Cafe

HUMEPOETS

I flow with my imagination, evoke my fantasy, enjoy my reality and letting words do the magic

Bruvtravels

Retired Military, Living the Dream, Workamping and Playing

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

By the way, here is what’s happening at the BrewNSpew Café –

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is “word of the week”. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

Here is a useful link offering explanations and examples for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve completed your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

By the way, I have another blog ThusNSuch

Thus4

New sign off

image – Pexels

16 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – September 10, 2018

1. 09/10/2018 at 4:13 pm

Excellent poetic rendering, Eugenia! 🙂 Sharing… o

• 09/10/2018 at 5:19 pm

Great response, Reena. I left a comment on your post. Thank you for joining in. 🙂

2. 09/11/2018 at 5:51 am

here is my take Eugenia. I came up with a byte size story instead of a poem. https://syncwithdeep.wordpress.com/2018/09/11/if-only/

3. 09/11/2018 at 5:52 am

i loved everything that u said about thwart in your cute poem.

• 09/11/2018 at 2:27 pm

Thank you and I am delighted you are joining in. 🙂

4. 09/12/2018 at 3:36 pm

Hey Eugenia! 🙂
    Here’s my take on the prompt:

Happy reading! 🙂

5. 09/14/2018 at 11:43 am

This is such a great idea and challenge!

HappymessHappiness

Full-time daydreamer, half-time paranoid.

Thinking Chitalia

As opposed to a “not thinking chitalia”

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...