BrewNSpew Cafe – September 17, 2018

hats-fedora-hat-manufacture-stack

Hey, coffee and tea lovers, and anything in between. Welcome to BrewNSpew Cafe, where there is never a dull moment. The chatter here always raises an eyebrow, perhaps to show surprise or mild disapproval.

“Some hats can only be worn if you’re willing to be jaunty, to set them at an angle and to walk beneath them with a spring in your stride as if you’re only a step away from dancing. They demand a lot of you.”
― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

Word of the week – jaunty (adjective) – having or expressing, cheerful, and self-confident manner. Synonyms – cheerful, cheery, merry, jolly, joyful, perky.

Wearers of many hats

deter those pesky bats

in the belfry, that is

a plethora of styles,

shapes, and colors

jaunty noggin covers

hats for every occasion

defines one’s reputation

caps, beanies, and berets

buckets, bowlers and flat caps

fedoras and fancy dress hats

derbies, boaters, and flat caps

fez, porkpie, and Panama hats

hats for sun, rain, and Cowboy Bob

useful for any season and any reason

if your cranium gives a hat a ride

be sure to wear it with pride

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

BS Cafe

Nut House Central

Let’s go nuts together

Bereavement single parent dad

A Dad trying to cope with the loss of his Partner and become a single parent

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

By the way, here is what’s happening at the BrewNSpew Café

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is “word of the week”. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

Here is a useful link offering explanations and examples for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve completed your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

By the way, I have another blog ThusNSuch

Thus4

New sign off

image – Pexels

20 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – September 17, 2018

1. 09/17/2018 at 12:23 pm

I like that word! Fun poem!

2. 09/17/2018 at 12:45 pm

What a fun word. Some of these words I’ve not heard in a very long time. Thanks for reviving them.

Have a fabulous day, Eugenia. ♥

3. 09/17/2018 at 1:20 pm

Hats and shades can truly add a lot of oomph without doing much.

• 09/17/2018 at 2:29 pm

Yes, hats can make an outfit fun and a pair of shades – even better. I wear and love both. I’m having eye surgery this Wednesday. Hopefully, it won’t slow me down too much and I’m looking forward to clearer vision.

4. 09/17/2018 at 3:46 pm

Love my hats and shades… Sensational poem, Eugenia! ❤ Sharing…

5. 09/17/2018 at 5:58 pm

Great idea bringing fellow bloggers together, I’m looking forward to finding some great new pages to follow! Also, I’m a big vocabulary buff myself, so Word Of The Day is right up my alley 😉

6. 09/18/2018 at 5:30 am

Eugenia,

I’m not a hat wearer unless I’m outdoors a lot. I need to protect my face from harmful UV. There’s no need to push the hand of time quicker, right? 🙂 The rhythmic words flowed merrily across the screen and while I’m not a ‘hat wearer’ I have worn many hats (figuratively) throughout my life. I’d like to think that I wore them jaunty but I can’t swear to that every time. Nicely done! BTW, I don’t think I’ve ever told you how cozy the images in your footer make me feel. I love the flickering fire! It makes me want to curl up beside it with a cup of coffee with a blanket across my lap. 🙂

• 09/18/2018 at 11:03 am

Hi, Cathy! Yes, I’ve been the wearer of many hats, as well – mostly during my career. I love hats and wear them frequently when outside because I am very fair.

I’m delighted you enjoyed my poem and so glad you noticed my images in my footer. I am trying to give my blog the appearance of a log cabin. My other blog has a rustic appearance with campfire items and firewood in the footer.

I can’t wait for cooler weather so I can sit by the fire with a cup of coffee!

Have a great day!

7. 09/18/2018 at 1:10 pm

thanks for the challenging prompt Eugenia. here is my take

8. 09/22/2018 at 11:33 am

Love the fun element, the rhythm and flow of this poem about hats and people.

Anxiety Calls

Dreamer. Writer. Worrier.

thoughts, musings, and stuff

poetry, mental health, and ideas on life

PT Master Guide

Useful and Advance Guide for aspiring physiotherapist

Levi Kemari

HAPPINESS is the highest level of success

MY LIFE IN WORDS

My sexuality is not an inferior trait that needs to be chaperoned by emotionalism or morality.

roxy743

Learning Experience

The Chicago Files

A CANADIAN EXPAT'S EXPERIENCES AND OBSERVATIONS LIVING IN THE WINDY CITY!

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

Jo Hawk

The Writer

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

Zoolon Hub

The Home of ‘All Things’ Zoolon

Destination Wedding Store

Bespoke Planning, For Those Seeking a Five Star Wedding

daneelyunus

This site is about the knowledge of different categories such as education, , health, mobiles, and tourism

The Learning Prophet

Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Nature, Spirtuality

The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom

A place to write all I need to write.

& lingering thoughts

dose of Cristianism, & other absurdities.

IMwithJay

Internet Marketing for the Rest of Us

Family Travel Host USA

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Thony Space