BrewNSpew Cafe – September 24, 2018

38046-Pumpkins-Flowers

Word of the week – taradiddle/tarradiddle – (noun) – a trivial or childish lie; a fib; pretentious nonsense. Synonyms – fable, fabrication, fib, lie, mendacity, story, tale, whopper.

Oh, such petty fiddle-faddle

why make up such a taradiddle

no way tactical or practical

methinks such acts are theatrical

a fanciful mind deems it classical

but for me, comme ci, comme ça

a zesty and comical fabrication

must offer a stunning presentation

to warrant a standing ovation

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

BS Cafe

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

By the way, here is what’s happening at the BrewNSpew Café

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is “word of the week”. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve completed your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

My other blog ThusNSuch

image – lovethispic.com

13 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – September 24, 2018

1. 15andmeowing
    09/24/2018 at 10:17 pm

Beautiful photo. I love all things Fall.

• 09/25/2018 at 9:49 am

Thank you and fall is my favorite time of the year! 🍂 🍁

2. 09/25/2018 at 7:51 am

Eugenia,

I got your LinkedIn invite and accepted this morning. I’m glad you told me because I didn’t get a notification and I’m rarely on that site. I used your word for today to create a poem. 🙂 Thanks for inspiring and hosting such great creative fun!

“Taradiddle Riddle” by Curious as a Cathy with more Cathy Chats!

• 09/25/2018 at 11:04 am

Linkyin not always cooperative!☹️ I’m checking BrewNSpew for your poem. 🙂

3. 09/25/2018 at 7:46 pm

Interesting word Franci! I really like your poems. They are catchy!

4. 09/26/2018 at 9:30 am

thanks for the new word Eugenia. here is my take

5. 09/26/2018 at 1:56 pm

So enjoyed your poem Eugenia.. And this was another new word on me.. loved the fiddle faddle.. 🙂
    Wishing you a perfect rest of the week.. Take care..
    Sue ❤

Thank you for your comments! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )