BrewNSpew Cafe – September 24, 2018

38046-Pumpkins-Flowers

Hey, coffee and tea lovers and anything in between. It’s good to see you here at the BrewNSpew Cafe where the drivel can raise an eyebrow or two. Even selfies enjoy the entertainment here at the cafe. By the way, gambling is not permitted.

“It’s in the light of the day that we see the lies for what they are.”
Anthony T. Hincks

Word of the week – taradiddle/tarradiddle – (noun) – a trivial or childish lie; a fib; pretentious nonsense. Synonyms – fable, fabrication, fib, lie, mendacity, story, tale, whopper.

Oh, such petty fiddle faddle

why makeup such a taradiddle

no way tactical or practical

methinks such acts are theatrical

a fanciful mind may deem it classical

but for me, comme ci, comme ça

a zesty and comical fabrication

must offer a fantastical presentation

or there’ll be no standing ovation

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

BS Cafe

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

By the way, here is what’s happening at the BrewNSpew Café

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is “word of the week”. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

Here is a useful link offering explanations and examples for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve completed your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

My other blog ThusNSuch

Thus4

New sign off

image – lovethispic

13 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – September 24, 2018

1. 15andmeowing
    09/24/2018 at 10:17 pm

Beautiful photo. I love all things Fall.

• 09/25/2018 at 9:49 am

Thank you and fall is my favorite time of the year! 🍂 🍁

2. 09/25/2018 at 7:51 am

Eugenia,

I got your LinkedIn invite and accepted this morning. I’m glad you told me because I didn’t get a notification and I’m rarely on that site. I used your word for today to create a poem. 🙂 Thanks for inspiring and hosting such great creative fun!

“Taradiddle Riddle” by Curious as a Cathy with more Cathy Chats!

• 09/25/2018 at 11:04 am

Linkyin not always cooperative!☹️ I’m checking BrewNSpew for your poem. 🙂

3. 09/25/2018 at 7:46 pm

Interesting word Franci! I really like your poems. They are catchy!

4. 09/26/2018 at 9:30 am

thanks for the new word Eugenia. here is my take

5. 09/26/2018 at 1:56 pm

So enjoyed your poem Eugenia.. And this was another new word on me.. loved the fiddle faddle.. 🙂
    Wishing you a perfect rest of the week.. Take care..
    Sue ❤

myboyfriendisinIndia

A blog about a temporary long-distance relationship: India, Paris and a rural village in Ireland. Running, millennial thoughts and emigration - new posts each week day! :)

Fine Cats & Kittens

Cats and kittens beautiful pictures, fun activity's, and sweet poems.

Books & poems Coffee & Teas

books,poems,coffee,teas

New Lune

A blog full of tips, inspiration and freebies!

Life & Leisure

Good things take time.

Diary of an Aesthete

AnonymouslyBloggingThroughLife

She loved mysteries so much, she became one.

In mind and out

Read my mind

Jade M.Wong

Writer at Heart | Fangirl by DNA | Struggling Human until Further Notice

Niki Flow

I feel the world and want to help heal the world.

Prats Corner

Pages of my mind : collecting words, experiences and memories...

Gringirls

Two girls one trip

Have Fun with God

Arm yourself with divine truths

Jackie's Lifestyle Blog

Depression, Mentalhealth, Life, Reality

farmstand culture

Easy ideas to make hectic lives healthier. Natural skin care. Farm stand finds!

Constance Bourg

Poetry and Flash Fiction

A Girl in Progress

I guess I don't have to worry about my mom finding my diary anymore, it's now on the internet. Welcome everyone to my poorly scripted life!

Martha’s Artistic Flarings

After retiring, I decided to play around with computer art. This is the result.

Diary of a mEs$eD-uP College Mom

My journey of existing, struggling, hating life, loving life, crushing it, failing, growing, &/or soaring in this world when odds are against me

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Wonder Cottage

Lifestyle blog: explore and be inspired