“Slip into Mabon,” An Etheree Poem

Colleen M. Chesebro

JOIN US EVERY TUESDAY

Here is my Etheree poem for this week’s poetry challenge using the word “slip” for fall, and “endeavor” for the word, try. This poetry form is now part of the challenge.

tee-1698288_640

Slip Into Mabon

Slip
into
Mabon and
celebrate the
rituals of the
season by sharing food,
counting one’s hidden blessings,
honoring the mother goddess,
filled with an endeavor to succeed
by remembering our ancestor’s truth.

© 2018 Colleen M. Chesebro

What is an Etheree Poem?

I’m adding another poetry form to Colleen’s Weekly Poetry Challenge starting September 25th, 2018. It’s called an Etheree Poem.

The lovely Hélène Vaillant from Willow Poetry has been creating a poetry form that I had never seen before. Take a look at her poem HERE.

I researched the form and here is what I learned:

The Etheree poem consists of ten lines of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 syllables…

View original post 115 more words

7 comments for ““Slip into Mabon,” An Etheree Poem

1. 09/28/2018 at 11:32 am

Thanks so much for sharing, Eugenia. I love the Autumn feel to your blog. I decided that I was going to change every season. ❤

• 09/28/2018 at 12:37 pm

I try to change every season. It’s fun to be creative. Thank you for noticing. 🙂

2. 09/28/2018 at 12:44 pm

New to me and I love it… 🙂

3. 09/28/2018 at 2:08 pm

What a neat form! I’m going to have to try one out!

I very much enjoyed reading this. It feels soothing and perfect for the upcoming season. 🙂

4. 09/30/2018 at 6:36 am

I had never heard of this type of poetry form before now Eugenia. I enjoyed it.. Thank you for sharing Colleen’s ❤

• 09/30/2018 at 10:54 am

It’s new to me, as well. It’s quite interesting and I’m going to give it a try.

Let's have coffee and chat! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )