BrewNSpew Cafe – October 1, 2018

339371-Hello-October-Collage

Welcome, coffee and tea lovers and anything in between. It’s good to see you here at the BrewNSpew Cafe where the drivel can raise an eyebrow or two. Even selfies enjoy the entertainment here at the cafe. By the way, gambling is not permitted.

“The items people own reveal something about the owners. Every quaint item that a person selects to surround themselves with has a basic quiddity, the essence, or inherent nature of things. As a people, we assign a value meaning not only to the things that we presently possess, but also to the items destined for one generation to hand down to the next generation.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster, Dead Toad Scrolls

Word of the week – quiddity (noun) – 1) the real nature of a thing; the essence 2) a petty or trifling distinction; quibble. Synonyms – essence, heart and soul, inwardness, nitty-gritty, pith, substance, haecceity.

our nature or quiddity oft confused

methinks oddity reveals the truth

but unspoken words we question

concerns run endless circles

purpose without purpose

stalls nitty-gritty

and heart and soul

let’s ponder

act on

need

Welcome to the BrewNSpew Cafe where writers meet

BS Cafe1

WORDSNOMAD

Wandering Mind Creates Words

Poetry By Archangel White Wolf

Poetry By Arch Angel White Wolf

Please visit and support your fellow bloggers

By the way, here is what’s happening at the BrewNSpew Café

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is “word of the week”. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

Here is a useful link offering explanations and examples for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve completed your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

My other blog ThusNSuch

Thus4

New sign off

image – lovethispic

25 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – October 1, 2018

1. 10/01/2018 at 12:22 pm

Wow this word Eugenia.. Learning new words from your prompt

• 10/01/2018 at 12:49 pm

Me too! I get the words from Merriam-Webster. There are words I’ve not heard of, indeed.

2. 10/01/2018 at 12:38 pm

Lovely Etheree! And yeah….. I am hearing of this word for the first time.

• 10/01/2018 at 12:52 pm

Me too! I get the words from Merriam-Webster Dictionary. And thank you – that was my first attempt at an Etheree.

3. 10/01/2018 at 2:07 pm

Love it! 🙂 Sharing… xo

4. 10/01/2018 at 9:36 pm

What an interesting word! You always have such things to teach us through your cool Tuesday parties!!

5. 10/02/2018 at 10:51 am

Can’t find the link to @Cathy Kennedy’s poem.

6. 10/04/2018 at 3:15 am

here is my take on the prompt, Eugenia.

the quiddity of love so strong
    mending broken hearts
    day by day

7. 10/04/2018 at 3:21 pm

I adore the introspection in this piece. 🙂

8. 10/06/2018 at 9:01 am

Eugenia,

I’m just now getting around to seeing your contribution for ‘Quiddity’. I think you’re right there is truth in one’s oddities. My poem, Am I Weird that you shared using this prompt speaks of my own peculiarities without naming them. I think we all have them and there’s nothing wrong with being weird a little bit. Thanks for hosting and encouraging me to expand my creative energy. Have a good weekend, dear friend!

• 10/06/2018 at 4:28 pm

A little weirdness is fun, Cathy! Loved your poem and have a great weekend!

9. 10/07/2018 at 11:34 am

Hi Eugenia,
    I know this prompt is closed, but I have to share this with you. I wrote a poem on your prompt and it got published in Indian Periodical!

Here’s the link- http://indianperiodical.com/2018/10/morse-code-morose/

Just wanted to thank you!

• 10/07/2018 at 1:01 pm

Wow! Congratulations on being published. It’s an excellent poem and I left my comment on your site. I also included your link in this week’s wrap-up. 🙂

Anxiety Calls

Dreamer. Writer. Worrier.

thoughts, musings, and stuff

poetry, mental health, and ideas on life

PT Master Guide

Useful and Advance Guide for aspiring physiotherapist

Levi Kemari

HAPPINESS is the highest level of success

MY LIFE IN WORDS

My sexuality is not an inferior trait that needs to be chaperoned by emotionalism or morality.

roxy743

Learning Experience

The Chicago Files

A CANADIAN EXPAT'S EXPERIENCES AND OBSERVATIONS LIVING IN THE WINDY CITY!

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

Jo Hawk

The Writer

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

Zoolon Hub

The Home of ‘All Things’ Zoolon

Destination Wedding Store

Bespoke Planning, For Those Seeking a Five Star Wedding

daneelyunus

This site is about the knowledge of different categories such as education, , health, mobiles, and tourism

The Learning Prophet

Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Nature, Spirtuality

The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom

A place to write all I need to write.

& lingering thoughts

dose of Cristianism, & other absurdities.

IMwithJay

Internet Marketing for the Rest of Us

Family Travel Host USA

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Thony Space