BrewNSpew Cafe – October 8, 2018

pexels-photo-589840

Welcome, coffee and tea lovers and anything in between. It’s good to see you here at the BrewNSpew Cafe where the chatter can cause an arched eyebrow. By the way, rumor has it constructive criticism is not constructive.

“Friendship, sweet-resting place of the soul, the gloaming wherein our hearts find peace.” ~ Alphonse de Lamartine

Word of the week – gloaming – (noun) – twilight or dusk. Synonyms – blackness, candlelight, darkness, dusk, gloom, shadow.

brisk winds blustering

forceful cleansing in action

souls running from souls

with nowhere special to go

with the gloaming came silence

You’re at the BrewNSpew Cafe, where writers meet

BS Cafe1

Tittle Thoughts

Discussions on life influences and travels

Mrs. Twinkle

My Wonderful Little World

Show your support for fellow bloggers

By the way, here is what’s happening at the BrewNSpew Café

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is “word of the week”. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

Here is a useful link offering explanations and examples for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve completed your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

My other blog ThusNSuch

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

New sign off

image – Pexels

21 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – October 8, 2018

1. 10/08/2018 at 5:45 pm

Loved your Poem Eugenia..
    And I just had to share this Song which came to mind straight away as I heard the word Gloaming.. https://youtu.be/14t1wYohSS0 Hope you enjoy this Scottish Song..
    Love Sue ❤

2. 15andmeowing
    10/08/2018 at 9:49 pm

I learned a new word 🙂

3. 10/09/2018 at 5:36 am

Eugenia,

How do you come up with your word chooses? I will let this one stew in my brain for a bit to see if it takes root. Right now nothing is forming but I haven’t had even my first cup of coffee yet. I know how can I get from point a to point b, let along write a masterful poem? insert loud laughs You however, did a hum-digger of a job on it!! 👏

• 10/09/2018 at 10:50 am

Hi, Cathy! I get my words from Mariam-Webster Dictionary Word of the Day and many I’ve never heard of. Sometimes I get on a roll writing poems and sometimes, I draw a blank. Coffee always helps! 🙂 I’m glad you enjoyed the poem.

4. 10/09/2018 at 10:00 am

Wonderful poem!

5. 10/09/2018 at 11:24 am

The silence here feels so eerie.

• 10/09/2018 at 11:41 am

Yes, it was an eerie day when I wrote this setting the stage for my thoughts. Seems today is going to be eerie, as well, with Hurricane Michael heading our way.

6. 10/09/2018 at 5:28 pm

I was going to squeak Roamin’ in the Gloaming at you, but I see you have been given a professional version. Saves me having to run, pursued by missiles.

• 10/09/2018 at 6:05 pm

🙂 Thanks for the thought. It’s a great song.

7. 10/10/2018 at 10:25 am

thanks for the prompt Eugenia. here is my take

8. 10/11/2018 at 8:22 am

Thank you for the prompt. Here’s my attempt- https://meliorateblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/11/constellations/

myboyfriendisinIndia

A blog about a temporary long-distance relationship: India, Paris and a rural village in Ireland. Running, millennial thoughts and emigration - new posts each week day! :)

Fine Cats & Kittens

Cats and kittens beautiful pictures, fun activity's, and sweet poems.

Books & poems Coffee & Teas

books,poems,coffee,teas

New Lune

A blog full of tips, inspiration and freebies!

Life & Leisure

Good things take time.

Diary of an Aesthete

AnonymouslyBloggingThroughLife

She loved mysteries so much, she became one.

In mind and out

Read my mind

Jade M.Wong

Writer at Heart | Fangirl by DNA | Struggling Human until Further Notice

Niki Flow

I feel the world and want to help heal the world.

Prats Corner

Pages of my mind : collecting words, experiences and memories...

Gringirls

Two girls one trip

Have Fun with God

Arm yourself with divine truths

Jackie's Lifestyle Blog

Depression, Mentalhealth, Life, Reality

farmstand culture

Easy ideas to make hectic lives healthier. Natural skin care. Farm stand finds!

Constance Bourg

Poetry and Flash Fiction

A Girl in Progress

I guess I don't have to worry about my mom finding my diary anymore, it's now on the internet. Welcome everyone to my poorly scripted life!

Martha’s Artistic Flarings

After retiring, I decided to play around with computer art. This is the result.

Diary of a mEs$eD-uP College Mom

My journey of existing, struggling, hating life, loving life, crushing it, failing, growing, &/or soaring in this world when odds are against me

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Wonder Cottage

Lifestyle blog: explore and be inspired