BrewNSpew Cafe – October 8, 2018

pexels-photo-589840

Welcome, coffee and tea lovers and anything in between. It’s good to see you here at the BrewNSpew Cafe where the chatter can cause an arched eyebrow. By the way, rumor has it constructive criticism is not constructive.

“Friendship, sweet-resting place of the soul, the gloaming wherein our hearts find peace.” ~ Alphonse de Lamartine

Word of the week – gloaming – (noun) – twilight or dusk. Synonyms – blackness, candlelight, darkness, dusk, gloom, shadow.

brisk winds blustering

forceful cleansing in action

souls running from souls

with nowhere special to go

with the gloaming came silence

You’re at the BrewNSpew Cafe, where writers meet

BS Cafe1

Tittle Thoughts

Discussions on life influences and travels

Mrs. Twinkle

My Wonderful Little World

Show your support for fellow bloggers

By the way, here is what’s happening at the BrewNSpew Café

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the features is “word of the week”. I create my own wacky poem with my take on the word.

You’re invited to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by writing your own poetry using the weekly featured word.

Here is a useful link offering explanations and examples for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The guidelines are simple-

Look for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve completed your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a weekly Wrap-up of posts shared by our fellow bloggers.

Let’s be creative and have fun!!

My other blog ThusNSuch

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

New sign off

image – Pexels

21 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – October 8, 2018

1. 10/08/2018 at 5:45 pm

Loved your Poem Eugenia..
    And I just had to share this Song which came to mind straight away as I heard the word Gloaming.. https://youtu.be/14t1wYohSS0 Hope you enjoy this Scottish Song..
    Love Sue ❤

2. 15andmeowing
    10/08/2018 at 9:49 pm

I learned a new word 🙂

3. 10/09/2018 at 5:36 am

Eugenia,

How do you come up with your word chooses? I will let this one stew in my brain for a bit to see if it takes root. Right now nothing is forming but I haven’t had even my first cup of coffee yet. I know how can I get from point a to point b, let along write a masterful poem? insert loud laughs You however, did a hum-digger of a job on it!! 👏

• 10/09/2018 at 10:50 am

Hi, Cathy! I get my words from Mariam-Webster Dictionary Word of the Day and many I’ve never heard of. Sometimes I get on a roll writing poems and sometimes, I draw a blank. Coffee always helps! 🙂 I’m glad you enjoyed the poem.

4. 10/09/2018 at 10:00 am

Wonderful poem!

5. 10/09/2018 at 11:24 am

The silence here feels so eerie.

• 10/09/2018 at 11:41 am

Yes, it was an eerie day when I wrote this setting the stage for my thoughts. Seems today is going to be eerie, as well, with Hurricane Michael heading our way.

6. 10/09/2018 at 5:28 pm

I was going to squeak Roamin’ in the Gloaming at you, but I see you have been given a professional version. Saves me having to run, pursued by missiles.

• 10/09/2018 at 6:05 pm

🙂 Thanks for the thought. It’s a great song.

7. 10/10/2018 at 10:25 am

thanks for the prompt Eugenia. here is my take

8. 10/11/2018 at 8:22 am

Thank you for the prompt. Here’s my attempt- https://meliorateblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/11/constellations/

Anxiety Calls

Dreamer. Writer. Worrier.

thoughts, musings, and stuff

poetry, mental health, and ideas on life

PT Master Guide

Useful and Advance Guide for aspiring physiotherapist

Levi Kemari

HAPPINESS is the highest level of success

MY LIFE IN WORDS

My sexuality is not an inferior trait that needs to be chaperoned by emotionalism or morality.

roxy743

Learning Experience

The Chicago Files

A CANADIAN EXPAT'S EXPERIENCES AND OBSERVATIONS LIVING IN THE WINDY CITY!

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

Jo Hawk

The Writer

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

Zoolon Hub

The Home of ‘All Things’ Zoolon

Destination Wedding Store

Bespoke Planning, For Those Seeking a Five Star Wedding

daneelyunus

This site is about the knowledge of different categories such as education, , health, mobiles, and tourism

The Learning Prophet

Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Nature, Spirtuality

The Wonderful and Wacky World of One Single Mom

A place to write all I need to write.

& lingering thoughts

dose of Cristianism, & other absurdities.

IMwithJay

Internet Marketing for the Rest of Us

Family Travel Host USA

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Thony Space