BrewNSpew Cafe – October 15, 2018

autumn-black-dark-decoration-41200

Welcome, coffee and tea sweethearts and anything in the middle. It’s great to see you here at the BrewNSpew Cafe where the gab can cause an angled eyebrow. Coincidentally, gossip has it useful feedback isn’t useful.

“Technology is an instrument and a weapon because it benefits those who know best how to use it and how to be used by it. The bourgeoisie have used machines and the ‘scientific’ organisation of work against the proletariat. No revolt against domination can really represent the general interest unless it turns itself into a rebellion against technology, a Luddite revolt”. – Miguel Amorós, Where Are We Now?

Word of the week – Luddite (noun) –  a person who is opposed to increased industrialization or new technology. Synonyms – a broken record, anorak, bore

no fuddy-duddy am I

no kill-joy, Luddite or has-been

not a saddo in don’t know when

spoil-sport or a fossil you say

best you keep your talk at bay

so you think I’m a boring drip

well, just button your lip

and best you listen-up

methinks I have a cyberphobia

yeh, my version of frumpy utopia

You’re at the BrewNSpew Cafe, where writers meet

BS Cafe3

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

But I Smile Anyway

Musings and memories, words and wisdom…of a working family woman

Show your support for fellow bloggers

Incidentally, here is what’s going on at the BrewNSpew Café

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I distribute a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the highlights is “word of the week”. I make my very own wacky creation with my interpretation of the word.

You’re welcome to join our talented network and challenge yourselves by composing your very own creation, utilizing the week by week included word. Please keep your post to 600 words or fewer!

Here is a valuable connection offering clarifications and precedents for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The rules are straightforward

Search for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve finished your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To complete a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS://address of my post) for the present week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may likewise put a duplicate of the URL of your post in the remarks of the present week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a week after week Wrap-up of posts shared by our kindred bloggers.

How about we be innovative and have fun!

My other blog ThusNSuch

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

Eugenia,

New sign off

image – Pexels

13 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – October 15, 2018

1. 10/15/2018 at 12:55 pm

For once, you have a word I am aware of 🙂

2. 15andmeowing
    10/15/2018 at 9:59 pm

I learn a new word here every week 🙂

• 10/15/2018 at 10:32 pm

A lot of the words are new to me, as well. Thank you for visiting.

3. 10/15/2018 at 10:21 pm

I love that poem! Great use of the word

4. 10/16/2018 at 8:12 am

Eugenia,

I like the line…”so you think I’m a boring drip just button your lip…” 🙂 I don’t want to sound like a broken record but, bravo, my friend!

• 10/16/2018 at 11:00 am

You never sound like a broken record, Cathy. I love “Bravos”!

5. 10/16/2018 at 7:07 pm

This was fun…and a word I know without looking it up!

• 10/16/2018 at 8:32 pm

I’m glad you liked the word, Patricia, and I love your take on the prompt!

rivrvlogr

Looking ahead, without looking back (too often)

One Writer's Way

Historical/Paranormal/YA Fantasy Romance. Gardening with a focus on herbs, heirloom plants, and country life.

WordPress Tavern

WordPress News — Free as in Beer.

Elizabeth Moura

Poetry, commentary, and photos.

Little Black "domicile"! -online interior design

Creating The Perfect "LBD" For Every Home!

ladyphoenix2016

Diamond in the making

Salted Caramel

A light-hearted look at life

Fashion Explora

All about fashion

Heartstring Eulogies

Conjured by Sarah Doughty

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!