BrewNSpew Cafe – October 15, 2018

autumn-black-dark-decoration-41200

Welcome, coffee and tea sweethearts and anything in the middle. It’s great to see you here at the BrewNSpew Cafe where the gab can cause an angled eyebrow. Coincidentally, gossip has it useful feedback isn’t useful.

“Technology is an instrument and a weapon because it benefits those who know best how to use it and how to be used by it. The bourgeoisie have used machines and the ‘scientific’ organisation of work against the proletariat. No revolt against domination can really represent the general interest unless it turns itself into a rebellion against technology, a Luddite revolt”. – Miguel Amorós, Where Are We Now?

Word of the week – Luddite (noun) –  a person who is opposed to increased industrialization or new technology. Synonyms – a broken record, anorak, bore

no fuddy-duddy am I

no kill-joy, Luddite or has-been

not a saddo in don’t know when

spoil-sport or a fossil you say

best you keep your talk at bay

so you think I’m a boring drip

well, just button your lip

and best you listen-up

methinks I have a cyberphobia

yeh, my version of frumpy utopia

You’re at the BrewNSpew Cafe, where writers meet

BS Cafe3

USA Writes

Simple Blogs

But I Smile Anyway

Musings and memories, words and wisdom…of a working family woman

Show your support for fellow bloggers

Incidentally, here is what’s going on at the BrewNSpew Café

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I distribute a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the highlights is “word of the week”. I make my very own wacky creation with my interpretation of the word.

You’re welcome to join our talented network and challenge yourselves by composing your very own creation, utilizing the week by week included word. Please keep your post to 600 words or fewer!

Here is a valuable connection offering clarifications and precedents for Traditional Poetry Forms

www.shadowpoetry.com/index.html

The rules are straightforward

Search for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve finished your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To complete a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS://address of my post) for the present week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may likewise put a duplicate of the URL of your post in the remarks of the present week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a week after week Wrap-up of posts shared by our kindred bloggers.

How about we be innovative and have fun!

My other blog ThusNSuch

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

Eugenia,

New sign off

image – Pexels

13 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – October 15, 2018

1. 10/15/2018 at 12:55 pm

For once, you have a word I am aware of 🙂

2. 15andmeowing
    10/15/2018 at 9:59 pm

I learn a new word here every week 🙂

• 10/15/2018 at 10:32 pm

A lot of the words are new to me, as well. Thank you for visiting.

3. 10/15/2018 at 10:21 pm

I love that poem! Great use of the word

4. 10/16/2018 at 8:12 am

Eugenia,

I like the line…”so you think I’m a boring drip just button your lip…” 🙂 I don’t want to sound like a broken record but, bravo, my friend!

• 10/16/2018 at 11:00 am

You never sound like a broken record, Cathy. I love “Bravos”!

5. 10/16/2018 at 7:07 pm

This was fun…and a word I know without looking it up!

• 10/16/2018 at 8:32 pm

I’m glad you liked the word, Patricia, and I love your take on the prompt!

50 IS NOT OLD

Age is an Attitude, Keep Yours Young

𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓵

Astrology, mythology, romance, Dante

happywifeyheart

Happy is a wife who appreciates and treasures what she has.

Sharing Thoughts

Poems, Haiku, Paintings & Photographs

The Cat's Write

Milly Schmidt

SteveBfineart

My art journey and more...

Cooking Without Limits

Food Photography & Recipes

Ailish Sinclair

Stories and photos from Scotland

Savera Society For Human Initiatives

Organization in Special Consultative Status with UN-Economic and Social Council Since 2018

KaylaAnn

Write, Drink Tea, Live Life, Repeat

All in a Day's Breath

Art, Love of Life, Philosophy, Writing, Spirituality

The Baking Project

Know anything about baking?...Me neither...Not to fear!We will figure it out together.

Storyshucker

A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.

Laundry and Dishes

Feel free to join my husband and I for our latest adventures from our life in Montana!

thebookcollector32

Research is my passion books give me the drive to continue it.

FIND YOU2.0

UNDERSTAND THINGS AND FIND THE REAL YOU...

The Knowledge Log

Life is a broadway musical and everyday is a song. These are mine manifested as poetry.

This N That With Me