Luddite or not…

Patricia's Place

Today at the BrewNSpew Cafe
we are challenged to write a poem using the word,
Luddite
a person who is opposed to increased industrialization or new technology.
Synonyms – a broken record, anorak, bore

Here’s my poem;

cat-colors-daylight-674580

I have blogs, one is Patricia’s Place
the other is Day of Grace
So, to technology, I am not opposed
as perhaps some may have supposed
Though I have no cable or satellite
I watch TV most every night
You see, I do have WIFI connection
for the computer, telephone, and television
Set in my ways I may be
Luddite no one can call me
I hope every night as I yawn
to see what’s new at dawn

brewnspewcafe (1)Eugenia invites you to the BrewNSpew Cafe and challenges you to write a poem

View original post

Advertisements

6 comments for “Luddite or not…

1. 10/16/2018 at 8:33 pm

Good one! 😊

2. 10/17/2018 at 3:54 am

I can’t! I don’t write poems! Nor do I fully understand the criterias qualifying words to become a ‘poem’. (It ought to be something more than writing 2-3 words pr line?)
    (That anybody may do!? )
    And ‘Luddite’? I’m just about 82 years old, have lived in an English speaking country, but I may swear that I’ve never even heard the word before! Let alone ‘used it’! 🙂

• 10/17/2018 at 9:33 am

Luddites go way back before we even thought of being around – def: a member of any of the bands of English workers who destroyed machinery, especially in cotton and woolen mills, that they believed was threatening their jobs (1811–16).

The word is a prompt for my followers that need a kick start to write – like an incentive. WordPress used to offer daily prompts but no more so several bloggers are creating our own incentives. It’s all in fun! 🙂

3. 10/17/2018 at 10:42 am

Patricia’s Place is my next stop. I love how you highlight other peoples wonderful posts.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

• 10/17/2018 at 12:27 pm

That’s what I enjoy about the WordPress community – we help each other by showing off their work. 🙂

4. 10/21/2018 at 5:08 pm

One would call you one of the enlightened…. at this moment. 🙂

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )