BrewNSpew – October 29, 2018

284545-Jack-O-Lantern-

Welcome, coffee and tea sweethearts and anything in the middle. It’s great to see you here at the BrewNSpew Cafe where the gab can cause an angled eyebrow. Coincidentally, gossip has it useful feedback isn’t useful.

You can’t make anything idiot proof because idiots are so ingenious. ~ Ron Burns

Word of the week –  fright – (noun) – a sudden intense feeling of fear. Synonyms – fear, alarm, dread, horror, terror, trepidation, dismay, nervousness.

ghosts, goblins, and ghouls

they stare at costumed fools

eerie sounds a scary delight

witches, bats, and dark felines

taking off on an electric broom

inky skies buzzing with fright

we question why all this ado

the what and where and the who

the bustle is a significant sight

the man in the moon much amused

but grateful for just once a year

he’s visited by Halloween night

You’re at the BrewNSpew Cafe, where writers meet

BS Cafe3

Show your support for fellow bloggers

Incidentally, here is what’s going on at the BrewNSpew Café

On late Mondays or early Tuesdays, I distribute a post titled BrewNSpew Café and one of the highlights is “word of the week”. I make my very own wacky creation with my interpretation of the word.

You’re welcome to join our talented network and challenge yourselves by composing your very own creation utilizing the week by week included word. Please keep your post to 600 words or fewer!

The rules are straightforward –

Search for my post. BrewNSpew Café, late Mondays or early Tuesdays.

Once, you’ve finished your creation-

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To complete a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS://address of my post) for the present week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may likewise put a duplicate of the URL of your post in the remarks of the present week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a week after week Wrap-up of posts shared by our kindred bloggers.

How about we be innovative and have fun!

My other blog ThusNSuch

44938-Flickering-Candle-Light

Sign off 2

26 comments for “BrewNSpew – October 29, 2018

1. 10/29/2018 at 4:15 pm

A great work for this week!

2. 10/29/2018 at 4:16 pm

A great word!

3. 10/29/2018 at 6:19 pm

Frightfully fantastic! 💀🕷🤦‍♀️🎃 Happy Halloween, Eugenia. xo

4. Michael Todd
    10/29/2018 at 6:24 pm

Yours is an outstanding seasonal poem, Eugenia… I love Halloween Poems.

• 10/29/2018 at 6:33 pm

I’m so glad you liked it, Michael. 🎃 👻

5. 10/29/2018 at 6:44 pm

Bwahahahahahahaha. I love that quote about idiots. Fabulous.

Have a fabulous day and week, Eugenia. ♥

6. 10/30/2018 at 3:24 am

Don’t ya just love Halloween 👻👹☠️

7. 10/30/2018 at 10:05 am

I’m staring at your links today.You have given me an idea to use a more a diverse array of them than I have now. I am too info. oriented unlike yours.

• 10/30/2018 at 11:04 am

I feel your blog has a nice organized appearance.

I like a lot action in the appearance of my blog and I found a theme that works well for me. It offers several options so I can tinker with the appearance until my heart’s content. I have fun trying to be creative with it.

You have a ton of stunning photos from your travels that you can use in your sidebar, which would add a lot of interest to your blog.

• 10/30/2018 at 4:15 pm

Thanks for your advice about the photos. Is there a widget tutorial link on this on how to do it? I never used.too much in my bulletin boards as a teacher and my blog design seems to reflect that philosophy.

• 10/30/2018 at 8:57 pm

I believe the different themes are similar in this respect – I go to – customize; widgets; sidebar; add a widget; and select image. Then I add my image(s). You can add a title and resize your image.

Also, when you go to customize, there should be a link that says – need help in setting up your site. That link should take you directly to your theme’s setup which provides an overview specific to your theme.

I hope this helps.

8. 10/30/2018 at 10:57 am

Thanks for the prompt Eugenia. Here is my take on the controversial #metoo

9. 10/31/2018 at 11:37 am

Eugenia,

A great fun poem using ‘fright’ as your word challenge. I wish I had time to contribute but can’t this week. 😦

10. 11/03/2018 at 1:53 pm

This is lovely and I love your blog, it is welcoming.

rivrvlogr

Looking ahead, without looking back (too often)

One Writer's Way

Historical/Paranormal/YA Fantasy Romance. Gardening with a focus on herbs, heirloom plants, and country life.

WordPress Tavern

WordPress News — Free as in Beer.

Elizabeth Moura

Poetry, commentary, and photos.

Little Black "domicile"! -online interior design

Creating The Perfect "LBD" For Every Home!

ladyphoenix2016

Diamond in the making

Salted Caramel

A light-hearted look at life

Fashion Explora

All about fashion

Heartstring Eulogies

Conjured by Sarah Doughty

The Alchemist's Studio

Raku pottery, vases, and gifts

LIBARAH

Just bcoz something’s toxic doesn’t mean its not tasty.

Tales from the Mama Duck

Family-Life. Faith-Life. Mid-Life. Sharing-Life!

Authentic Writer

The best Shayri, poetry, Story,philosophy , blogs & novel Writer

The Paper Drafts

Creating Art, Poetry and Fiction.

Journeying Through My Thoughts

♡|Thoughts|Beautiful Words|Motivation|Poem's|Quote's|Maybe Short Storie's|Happiness|Joy|Soul Pouring|An Escape Patch|Memories|Home|♡

A cara do Panda

Beleza e cuidados

Let's Talk About: Personal Development

Development - Money - Fulfillment

I Write My Thoughts

☆Motivations☆ Mementos☆ Quotes, Stories☆Encouraging Words☆ Thoughts☆Dreams☆Imaginary☆Comfort Zone☆ Feelings ☆Emotions* Building Others☆Exploring*Ideas*

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!