Using the Gutenberg Editor

Here are some good tips on using the Gutenberg Editor from Colleen.

Colleen Chesebro ~ The Faery Whisperer

AND THE GUTENBERG EDITOR ALL AT ONE TIME
OH JOY!

PLEASE NOTE: I FOUND AN ARTICLE THAT IS A GREAT REFERENCE ON EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE EDITOR: https://ezseonews.com/blog/gutenberg-tutorial/. This article answered many of my questions. ~Colleen~

“Gutenberg” is the name of the new editor experience onWordPress. Their goal was to create a new post and page editing experience that makes it easy for anyone to create rich post layouts.

First let me say, that I have been using the new editor for a few days. It’s different, but I’m not struggling with using it. The layout is simple, and you can figure everything out by clicking the + to the left of each paragraph when you begin typing.

I’ve found the scheduling feature to be glitchy, and have had to click on each part of the date and time in order to get the scheduler to accept…

View original post 890 more words

9 comments for “Using the Gutenberg Editor

1. 11/19/2018 at 8:09 pm

I am doing my posts with it and like it.

2. 11/20/2018 at 3:37 am

I tried to look in on it when it was first announced, but it all went to quick using words and expressions that was absoliutely unfamiliar to me. We are not all educated programmers! So I left it alone. The old Classic Editor works fine for me!
    Thank you!

• 11/20/2018 at 11:06 am

I wonder if the guidelines for the new editor are in languages besides English. That would certainly be helpful, wouldn’t it? I found it frustrating at first but it’s getting easier as I go along. One of my followers said his photos can’t be enlarged so this could be a concern for you, as well.

As long as the old classic editor is available, I would stick with it if I were you.

3. 11/20/2018 at 12:02 pm

Thanks, Eugenia for sharing this post. The more I use the editor, the more I like it. I did a website that teaches you everything you need to know on this post. That should really help folks. ❤

• 11/20/2018 at 12:56 pm

You’re welcome, Colleen. I agree and the more I use it the more I like it. It’s has great organizational features. Thank you for sharing your knowledge on the new editor. I’ve noticed a lot of frustrated folks that just need a little extra help.

• 11/20/2018 at 1:15 pm

I agree. Too much negative hype that didn’t need to be. LOL! Hugs, for all your hard work. ❤

4. 11/24/2018 at 6:28 am

I tried using the new format. I wasn’t impressed, the linking did not go through and I couldn’t control the page lay out. I wonder why they decided to fix what isn’t broken

• 11/24/2018 at 9:29 am

I have issues with the linking, as well. I am finally getting use to it but can’t say I like it. I read an article in the “WordPress Tavern” informing that the old classic editor will be available until 2022, if not longer. That’s good news for a lot of folks.

• 11/24/2018 at 11:47 am

yes, that way they will come up with something better or redesign the Gutenberg and make it more user friendly

Little Mari

Everything fashion, film, food, and travel

peekaboothisisjeru

From a dark home, To an empty soul, A hurt heart, Makes a writer gold.

My Online Empire

One = All = One

Brownite

A blog about news and current affairs.

The Sunshine Artist

Dream - Believe - Create

River of Word Flow

Rhymes and Reasons

Let's Picture ohio

Pictures taken on the Ohio Backroads..by Connetta jean

Post Scriptum Poets

Haikus Senryus and Tankas about anything and everything

Intel Analytics Academy

Here to help data enthusiasts

BAREFEET BARISTAS ARE PEERK'D!

lopsided humor, standup comedy and more...

The Mind Connectory

Breaking Down Mental Health Stigma

Andrew McDowell

An Author of Many Parts

Diabulus in Words

Horror, paranormal, gore, news, and fiction.

Wildly and Dangerously Free

Thoughts and Photographs from the West Coast

Blueberry Creative Designs

Blogging Tips | Tutorials | Printables & More!

Lit & heels

Poetics of fashion / beauty of writing / art of the world

Tips from Sharvi

Tips to make your daily life easier!

The WordPress.com Blog

The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.

Mirror Gate

The gate to the life of poetry