7 comments for “Slow

1. 01/08/2019 at 1:14 pm

Namaste Eugenia ๐Ÿ™‚

A wonderful share, thank you.

Fascinated as I am by word meanings I took a moment to look-up ‘galumph’ and was most delighted to discover it was a word coined by Lewis Carroll: probably a blend of gallop and triumph! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hoping all is well and your New Year progressing nicely. Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

DN

• 01/08/2019 at 3:41 pm

It is a most interesting word, isn’t it?

My 2019 is progressing nicely to date. I hope all is well with you.

Cheers! ๐Ÿ™‚

• 01/08/2019 at 4:06 pm

Namaste Eugenia ๐Ÿ™‚

Both in sound and meaning it certainly has great appeal: Lewis used the word ‘galumphing’ in his poem, Jabberwocky – when having slain the beast, the boy…

โ€œLeft it dead, and with its head, he went galumphing back.โ€

Such a word is called a ‘neologism,’ – a newly coined word or expression – which is in itself another fun word! ๐Ÿ™‚

Good to hear all is well. Enjoy a pleasant evening.

Namaste ๐Ÿ™‚

DN

2. 01/08/2019 at 3:11 pm

Eugenia, your theme is always warm and interesting. I like this background.

• 01/08/2019 at 4:04 pm

Thank you, Jacqui. I love tinkering with it and sometimes surprised my blog hasn’t fallen apart. ๐Ÿ™‚ I love mountains, quaint mountain towns and coffee which fueled the appearance of my blog. It’s so good to hear from you.

3. 01/09/2019 at 6:20 am

Eugenia,

I do a lot of galumphing it seems and I didn’t even know it. The proof can be found on my shin all too often. ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice share!

• 01/09/2019 at 9:46 am

Maybe I should start a galumph group – seems there will be a lot of participants. ๐Ÿ™‚ And, thank you!

Let's have coffee and chat! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )