BrewNSpew Cafe – March 4, 2019

16599-Sedum-s-In-Red-Coffee-Pot-Planter

flowers sharing smiles

a springy celebration

nature’s emotions

Good Morning, coffee and espresso friends and anything in between. I’m delighted to see you here at the BrewNSpew Cafe where the blather can cause an arched eyebrow. Incidentally, the newest prattle determined constructive criticism is irksome.

Word of the week –

lollygag (or less commonly lallygag), lollygagged, lollygagging – (verb) – fool around, dawdle. Synonyms – crawl, creep, dally, delay, loiter, mope, poke.

spring

seems it’s lollygagging

what’s more unwritten words

are tucked firmly

within aimless thoughts,

snoozing in my mind.

Methinks, time to rise and pour out

a caffeinated proposal

what’s more, lullabies whispered

a few lines to me.

Enter the dawn,

words stirred with purpose

in the design of a fantasy,

the man in the moon

the sun and the stars

all part of mother nature’s

scheme of things.

Not even a profound yawn

will stop a masterpiece.

You’re at the BrewNSpew Cafe, where writers meet

bscafe1

PaperShots

One Photo, One Story at a Time

Sacred Venus

I see beauty in chaos. Find comfort in darkness. For better or worse I stand behind who I am. Unapologetically.

Show your support for fellow bloggers

And furthermore friends, here is what’s happening at the BrewNSpew Café!

On Mondays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Café. One of the highlights is “word/expression of the week”. I make my own wacky lyric with my interpretation.

You’re welcome to join our talented community and challenge yourselves by composing your own creation using the week by week included word. Please limit your post to 300 words or fewer.

pexels-photo-917479(1)34

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a week after week wrap-up of posts shared by our kindred bloggers.

How about we be innovative and have fun!

Please visit my other blog ThusNSuch

darkness5

SignoffWP1

featured image – lovethispic.com

Advertisements

26 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – March 4, 2019

1. 03/04/2019 at 8:56 pm

🙂 So much for Spring’s lollygagging… you captured that one! ❤ Lovely spring haiku.

2. 03/04/2019 at 10:06 pm

Beautiful!!

3. 03/04/2019 at 10:11 pm

I was fascinated by ‘caffeinated proposal’ as I think of umpteen business meetings. But the last two lines transported me to a different world, with the magnitude of its impact. Excellent piece!

4. Michael Todd
    03/05/2019 at 1:17 am

You must surely be a morning person, Eugenia.

• 03/05/2019 at 10:48 am

Yes, I am, Michael. I worked in the corporate world for 40+ years which I preferred the early shifts. Now that I am retired, I am still an early riser. I have more energy in the am hours.

5. 03/05/2019 at 2:46 pm

Thanks for the word of the week Eugenia! Sweet Blessings, Deborah ❤

6. 03/07/2019 at 5:29 am

Happy to be back with an entry this week, Eugenia! Thanks for the fun prompt!

7. 03/07/2019 at 6:40 am

That was a gorgeous poem had written, Eugenia. I loved the words “time to rise out and pour a caffeinated proposal. Thanks for the PROMPT.. Here is my take

8. 03/07/2019 at 9:34 am

Reblogged this on davidbruceblog #2.

9. 03/09/2019 at 10:30 am

Enjoyed this and many posts of yours. Blessings to you and enjoy the day.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Willow Poetry

Hélène Vaillant

Steve`s Country

For a smile as wide as a country sunrise

words less spoken

Gen X’er chronicles the art form of living in the Angelino metropolitan environment through poetry, creative writing, art, photography, and culture.

tinytotspoetry

I AIM TO PLEASE THE YOUNG AND YOUNG AT HEART WITH POEMS DESIGNED FOR KIDS. READ ALONG WITH YOUR SMALL TOTS FOR FUN.. LET'S MAKE RHYMING FUN AND EXCITING!!!

Soccer Betting Tips Predictions

We provide free soccer predictions to grow your bankroll. Our purpose is to give you the best opportunity of profiting long term from soccer betting.

shakemyheadhollow

Conceptual spaces: politics, philosophy, art, literature, religion, cultural history

WINDOWSHOPPI

REFINE WHAT DEFINES YOU

The Poetry About Us

A Weekly Blog with Joey Blue

Meliorate

Growth itself contains the germ of happiness.

Another LQQK

shift focus, see further, gaze deeper

Abandoned Amenities

POETRY, ASSORTED QUOTATIONS, ETC...

michael's blog

love, grace, mercy and His goodness; the reason for our life and existence

ThusNSuch

poems, autumn and so it goes

Norm.ally

A unisex fashion blog majorly on knitted apparels and fabrics, trend alerts, wardrobe "must-haves",styling and much more

The Sound Sniffer

Sniffing out the best new music

eastelmhurst.a.go.go

I have a hyperactive imagination.Welcome to my world. You can get here by way of Astoria Blvd.,Sunrise Hwy or Wyoming Avenue~

The Ederren

The world where the arcane pervades all but rules few

sparksfromacombustiblemind

EMBERS FROM SOMEONE DOGGEDLY TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL...

Panache

Beyond the precincts of my imagination

like mercury colliding...

...moments of unexpected clarity

19 poems

the poetry of mia wright