BrewNSpew Cafe – September 16, 2016

281413-Apples-Tea

joys of a season

autumnal scents fill the air

apple-picking fun

We like to think of September as the month of apples, as apple-picking becomes a common weekend pastime. Apples are fleshy usually rounded red, yellow, green edible pome fruit and used in numerous recipes.

Good apple pies are a considerable part of our domestic happiness. – Jane Austen

Presenting the week’s challenge – You may use the words and/or the image for the weekly prompt.

Weekly prompt – harvest moon (noun) – The Harvest Moon is the Full Moon nearest the September equinox, which occurs around September 22, but this particular name depends on the autumnal equinox. It is also called Full Corn Moon or Barley Moon.

alexis-antonio-TFth26tEjss-unsplash

Under the harvest moon

leaves turn like pages

curled and dog-eared,

they paint the ground with

nature’s hand-picked duvet

competing with lingering

days of summer.

Summer’s warmth stands

with courage bartering

with the onslaught of

chilly air filled with

scents of apples and all

things autumn.

Woven tales of yore

unravel secrets frozen

in time cleansing the past

under the harvest moon.

BS5abcd

You’re at BrewNSpew Cafe, where friends meet

Thoughts and Entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.

Please support your fellow bloggers

Here’s what is going on at the cafe. On Mondays, I publish a post titled BrewNSpew Cafe. A weekly feature is I share a word and/or image for your interpretation. I have included my own creation addressing the prompt.

Please join our talented community and challenge yourselves by contributing your own creation using the week by week featured word, image or both. There are no restrictions, except please and thank you for limiting a written post to 300 words or fewer.

BS566

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post.

The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a week after week wrap-up of posts shared by our kindred bloggers.

poems1ab(1)

my other blog, PoemsNSuch

-Eugenia

Sign off 915

prompt image photo by Alexis Antonio on Unsplash

47 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – September 16, 2016

1. 09/16/2019 at 6:45 pm

thank you, you have to settle in to the new autumn temperatures and this is all of it. The rest is all really beautiful red and green yellow apples all this.😅👍

• 09/16/2019 at 8:07 pm

Fall temperatures are avoiding our area, indeed! I am so hoping we see some cooler days soon. 😉 Thanks for visiting my blog.

2. 15andmeowing
    09/16/2019 at 6:57 pm

I want to go apple picking now.

3. 09/16/2019 at 6:58 pm

And next month it’s pumpkin. I love fall, but I’ll miss the fair weather soon.

Have a fabulous day, Eugenia. ♥

• 09/16/2019 at 8:12 pm

Thank you, Sandee! I love pumpkins and everything fall. Plus Starbucks has started their PSL’s! 😋

4. 09/16/2019 at 7:53 pm

Wonderful poems and delightful imagery… Happy Autumn! ❤ xo

5. 09/16/2019 at 9:49 pm

Love the poems, they spoke to my sense of smell. Nicely done.

I plan to go apple picking this year for the first time:). I’m excited!

Oh, and thanks for the mention, so kind of you.

Thanks Eugenia.

Pat

6. 09/16/2019 at 10:24 pm

Wow! That’s very beautifully penned! 🤩🌕

7. 09/16/2019 at 11:05 pm

I like the idea of leaves turning like pages. They do open a new season.

8. 09/17/2019 at 8:03 am

Eugenia,

You caused my mind to flashback to the days we’d love to visit my late in-laws. They had a small apple orchard below grandpa Kennedy’s old barn and it was an annual event for us to pick a bucket full of apples to bring home. Mmm, were those good! My MIL canned the apples to use for making pies or to eat with biscuits. Yum was that good, too! I keep meaning to make some spiced cooked apples but keep forgetting. Perhaps I’ll get a chance before the week is over. 🙂 I like your Harvest Moon poem. Yesterday morning before leaving for my doctor appointments I noticed a big full moon in the western sky. I snapped a few pictures with my iPhone but I couldn’t capture the details of the moon’s surface. I wish now I had made the time to use my big girl camera.

9. 09/17/2019 at 12:57 pm

Waaaayyy back, I visited my aunt in Sturgis, Michigan, and she had apple orchards, as well. I loved apple picking and having a big basket full to bring to her. She made the best apple pies.

I don’t have a big girl camera and have tried to get good pics of the moon but all I get is a shiny dot. Oh well! Enjoy your week, Cathy!

10. 09/17/2019 at 1:23 pm
  11. 09/17/2019 at 2:24 pm

I rather liked this one – thanks Eugenia! https://phillipknightscott.com/2019/09/17/the-harvest-moon-breathes/

12. 09/17/2019 at 7:50 pm

Lovely 😊

13. 09/17/2019 at 11:40 pm
  14. 09/18/2019 at 9:07 am

Hi Eugenia…
    Wonderful poem…
    Here’s my link..
    Thanks ☺️

15. 09/18/2019 at 9:21 am

Hi Eugenia,
    Such a lovely poem….loved the pic too!
    Here is my entry:

16. 09/18/2019 at 10:54 am

Hello — what a lovely place! My offering is a Haiku and photograph of a painting I created on the theme ‘harvest moon’ — I love how it resonates with the theme here and all the lovely poetry I’ve read. Thank you!

17. 09/18/2019 at 5:57 pm

We used to go apple picking too! Then end up buying a bushel! lol Anyways, here’s my tale 🙂

18. 09/18/2019 at 6:56 pm

Thanks for the beautiful prompt Eugenia! 😀

Farmer’s Blessing – https://awisewomansjourney.wordpress.com/2019/09/18/farmers-blessing-bussokusekika-poem/

19. 09/18/2019 at 9:25 pm

Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet.

20. 10/09/2019 at 2:05 pm

The perfect sensual invites. I love it!❤👍🍵😎🍵

Let's have coffee and chat! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )