BrewNSpew Cafe – October 21, 2019

pumpkiny comforts

gifted treasures of autumn

winds blowing fondly

Tis the night — the night of the graves delight and the warlocks are at their play; Ye think that without the wild winds shout, but no, it is they — it is they. – Cleveland Coxe

Presenting the week’s prompt – You may use the word(s), phrase and/or image to interpret the prompt.

Because of my blog having some youthful readers, please and thank you for not submitting anything you wouldn’t want a ten year old to peruse or see.

Weekly prompt – haunt/haunted/haunting

prompt image – October 21, 2019

Amid gnarley trees, the old house

wanting, yawning and haunting

spiders crawling before dawning

the moon holds its breath in the sky.

goblins and ghouls plotting and stalking

ghosts take flight, night air assaulting

stars take notice leave with a sigh.

witches flying and zombies growling

the eve of eves utterly exhausting

let’s trick or treat and say goodbye

You’re at BrewNSpew Cafe, where friends meet

The Light is On

Thoughts, Stories, Poems

My name is Mitchel Ring. I live in Denver, CO where I attend graduate school. I am 22 years old. I currently have more books than I do space to shelve them, but won’t admit I have a problem. If you want to have an hours long conversation about old movies, then I’m your guy. Thanks for reading my stuff!

Please support your fellow bloggers

For those interested in participating in the weekly challenge, submit your own post with your interpretation of the prompt(s). Your submission can be in any form – art, image, fast fiction, poetry, quote, etc. Please keep written submissions to 300 words or fewer.

Link your blog to mine with a Pingback. To do a Pingback: Copy the URL (the HTTPS:// address of my post) for the current week’s Challenge and paste it into your post. You may also place a copy of the URL of your post in the comments of the current week’s Challenge post. The prompt will close 5 days from the date of my post. I will post a week after week wrap-up of posts shared by our kindred bloggers.

my other blog, PoetryPalette

-Eugenia

featured image – lovethispic.com

prompt image – lovethispic.com

21 comments for “BrewNSpew Cafe – October 21, 2019

1. 10/21/2019 at 1:47 pm
  2. 10/21/2019 at 2:58 pm

Wow, thanks for the shoutout (: Love the poem, it’s a cool interpretation of the image!

3. 10/21/2019 at 3:57 pm

I just wrote this Haiku for your Prompt Eugenia

“Moon-tree

No! Don’t go up there
    The old tree house is haunted
    Full moon night, glares” by Ivor Steven

• 10/21/2019 at 5:50 pm

Thank you, Ivor, for sharing your clever haiku! Superb take on the prompt. 🤗

4. 10/23/2019 at 1:06 pm

Eugenia,

I like your poem! I hope to find inspiration soon with your word prompts to contribute. I’ll let the word settle in my brain to see if anything stirs. 🙂

5. 10/25/2019 at 6:11 am

Hi Eugenia. It’s been awhile, but I am glad to be here, counted among the talented contributors you always have here at the Brew-N-Spew Cafe.Here’s my offering:

Happy Haunting!

6. 10/25/2019 at 11:01 am

I went in a different direction as I couldn’t get in the Halloween spirit just yet https://phillipknightscott.com/2019/10/25/a-cosmic-chorus/

Let's have coffee and chat! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )