Bitter days ahead?

surly days noisy

family values sacrificed

karma’s lava flows

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

The more we hold on to our hurts, anger and bitterness, the more we become slaves to unforgiveness. – Nancy Lee DeMoss

Don’t let the sun go down on me – Elton John

Reena’s Exploration Challenge #114

Your Daily Word Prompt – Surly – November 22, 2019

Fae Corps November Writing Prompts – Family

my other blog, PoetryPalette

-Eugenia

featured image – Pexels

25 comments for “Bitter days ahead?

1. 11/22/2019 at 11:48 am

Spectacular image.

2. 11/22/2019 at 11:52 am

Surround yourself with goodness and let the badness go. We’ve rid ourselves of toxic folks and thing are peaceful. Some folks thrive on turmoil.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Eugenia. ♥

• 11/22/2019 at 12:22 pm

You’re right, Sandee, and the best thing we can do is not let it become our problem.

3. 11/22/2019 at 12:11 pm

slaves to self
    the angry
    red green and blue elf
    !

4. 11/22/2019 at 12:33 pm

Very beautiful Eugenia! 😀

5. 11/22/2019 at 1:34 pm

Valuable wisdom! I like the second one.

6. 11/22/2019 at 1:36 pm

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena and commented:

Bitter days ahead?….. Eugenia suggests a way out.

7. Michael Todd
    11/22/2019 at 6:38 pm

I remember the first time I heard “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down On Me” by Elton John. It was an advance single from the “Caribou” album… It came on the radio, while I was driving with a couple of co-workers, to a job site. Within minutes, the driver had to pull over, so the other two, one of which was me, could get out of the truck and have a fight on the side of the road… That made for a really long day.

I enjoyed your poem, Eugenia.

• 11/23/2019 at 10:07 am

Oh, I can only imagine how scary that must have been! A really long day you weren’t planning on, as well. These days, people don’t fight on the side of the road, they shoot each other. 😬

8. 11/23/2019 at 12:11 am

Such a great reminder to let things go. They often hurt us more than we realize…

• 11/23/2019 at 10:19 am

I agree, KaylaAnn! How have you been? I missed you. 🙁

• 11/23/2019 at 11:01 am

And I missed you! I’ve been good, still pretty much overwhelmed by my first year teaching middle schoolers but there is so much I love about my job! The students like to test their boundaries but at the same time, I really am getting to build fun relationships and see them grow. It’s a crazy, demanding, rewarding job!

• 11/23/2019 at 3:50 pm

I’m thrilled you enjoy your job! I imagine you are very good at it, as well.

• 11/23/2019 at 4:33 pm

I try to be, I know I have room to grow and I certainly intend to.0

9. 11/23/2019 at 9:00 pm

So difficult to maintain balance – well said.

Let's have coffee and chat! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )