Fair-weather friends

my other blog, PoetryPalette

-Eugenia

21 comments for “Fair-weather friends

1. 01/28/2020 at 1:42 pm

That’s nice. I like it, even though I don’t understand it. 💖💖💖

• 01/28/2020 at 3:16 pm

Poetry can be that way, my friend. 😉

2. 01/28/2020 at 2:13 pm

I love it! A true Level Up! 👍👍👍

3. 01/28/2020 at 3:03 pm

I don’t understand this either, but that’s not unusual. I had a tough time in my poetry class in college. It was embarrassing.

Have a fabulous day, Eugenia. ♥

• 01/28/2020 at 4:16 pm

Sandee, my poem addresses 3 prompts using words regulars, postulate, shiver and once. The gist is some so-called regular friends can be demanding and expressionless thus we don’t need to know them for a lifetime.

The image represents mind-games with a bunch of expressionless characters.

Some of my poems are out there! lol My mother used to tell me I walk to a different beat than some! 🤪

4. Michael Todd
    01/28/2020 at 5:39 pm

I absolutely adore this, Eugenia. You handled this favored topic with great aplomb.
    The first poem posted on my current poetry page was called “Fair Weather Friends.”
    I referred to it as my Mission Statement.

5. 01/28/2020 at 5:49 pm

What I’ve learned in 67 years is that most humans are self-centered–but some do outgrow it, mature and realize that others are equally important; so it’s best to invest some quality attention in those good souls who come into our lives. If folks are chronically fair-weather friends they may well end up alone…and possibly clueless as to why, sadly. Best regards to you.

6. 01/28/2020 at 6:19 pm

Fair-weather friends are not good regulars. I was struck by the image – those impossible to win games.

7. 01/29/2020 at 6:53 am

dirt
    the earth
    they return there too

Thank you for your comments! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )