A Simple Tutorial On Accepting And Handling Guest Posts

Advice from Renard on handling guest posts –

Renard's World

Anyone who has chosen to feature guest posts from others should know that it could enhance their blog or drag it down the proverbial gutter.

For the record, I am all for guest posting; but that was not always the case in the past.

When I first started Renard’s World, I wanted nothing to do with it.

What was it that triggered my repulsion towards accepting guest posts in the past?

I disliked the idea of showcasing guest posts from others because the experience was a disastrous one in the past (My article, Expect To See Guest Bloggers On Renard’s World In The Future, highlighted some of the horrible things that transpired with my first WordPress blog when I invited guest bloggers to submit their guest posts).

So far, things have been going rather well with my guest blogging project the second time around (And, I truly hope…

View original post 1,876 more words

8 comments for “A Simple Tutorial On Accepting And Handling Guest Posts

1. 02/16/2020 at 3:04 am

This is dangerously like a painting of a great master!

2. 02/16/2020 at 4:01 pm

After reading your guidelines, I am leery of allowing a guest post function. I’d rather deal with others through Facebook in this manner not Word Press,

• 02/16/2020 at 7:24 pm

Well, these are guidelines I shared from Renard’s blog. Guest posts are not my cup of tea no matter what the platform is, however, I felt his post informative. To each his own, IMHO. Thank you for commenting.

• 02/16/2020 at 7:45 pm

I thought you had an entire website dedicated to guest posts using a word poem challenge?

• 02/16/2020 at 8:05 pm

Oh, I can see your confusion. Guest posting in WordPress is when a blogger such as Renard permits another blogger like me to post their work on his site. I have access to Renard’s site to showcase my work. Of course, Renard reviews my work before it is published..

Regarding my blog, I run an event. Every week, I post a word and/or image prompt. My participants respond by writing a post on their blog. Then I get a ping back and/or they share their link in my comment section.

In order to give them recognition, I share their work in a separate post from my blog. I was using the reblog feature but my media was becoming clogged with too many images. I hope this helps. 😉

3. 02/17/2020 at 4:27 pm

Eugenia: I don’t understand pingbacks. If I write a poem not using your prompt, then I can still share the link on your Amanpan or Go Dog Cafe site, correct? I got involved with Bette Stevens in her Maine poetry group and mainly use nature now for mostly Haiku inspiration. Thanks for the explanation.

4. 03/08/2020 at 6:47 am

Very simple it seems. I will try a few . Thanks.

Thank you for your comments! 😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )